Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arkygator, BMOC, Gator Fever, GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, soflagator and 61 guests

Tommy Tuberville - Dirtbag extraordinaire

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Tommy Tuberville - Dirtbag extraordinaire

Postby gatorJ » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:25 pm

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2013/01 ... situation/

Ridiculous. Rescinding scholarships offers to commits and not even calling them to tell them. Just notifying them when they call to ask to meet him. Expected, I guess. After all, this is the guy that walked out on a dinner with recruits when he accepted the Cincy HC job.

Jaleel Canty, a defensive back from Lansing, Mich., and friend of the Monday family, contacted the AJC on Thursday night to say that he also had de-committed from Cincinnati that day under similar circumstances. Canty committed to Cincinnati last July, hadn’t heard from the new staff, and finally called the football office on Thursday. He got the same bad news from an assistant. “They said they were bringing in their own guys, so all the guys that are committed are out luck.” Canty requested a conversation with Tuberville. “They said he was busy, trying to get his staff together.” What was Canty’s reaction to being cut loose? “It’s messed up. I’ve been committed to Cincinnati since July, and I kind of cut off communication with other schools. I don’t understand why (Tuberville) couldn’t tell us a month ago. We’re less than a month away from signing day now. And I don’t understand why we had to call them. Why couldn’t they call us and tell us a month ago? It’s really disappointing.”
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Re: Tommy Tuberville - Dirtbag extraordinaire

Postby Alagator » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:32 pm

Well this should certainly help his image with future recruits and their parents...After some of his latest antics if he offered my son I'd be like, 'dude seems like a dirtbag that can't be trusted.' I'd want my kid to go anyplace else that offered...
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:38 pm

They didn't even bother to call the kids? I'd be rather pissed, too.
oxrageous

Postby crosscreekcooter » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:39 pm

I remember going through the football recruiting process with my older son, and I can only imagine how devastating something like that would be to an 18 year old. A small percentage of the recruits play the various athletic programs like a fiddle, however most of the reruits take the process very seriously. Many of the final scholarship awards are not made until the last month or so and to do something like this to a kid is pretty rotten. It seems Tubberville is a very small man.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8RByte » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Wow.....just wow.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:00 pm

It happens a lot with just about every coaching change on all colliegate levels. There is a lot of confusion and people will get their precissious feeling hurt. This would have been a non story if it wasn't Tuberville. Is anyone writing a story about the kids that change their minds and absentminded things they do?
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:12 pm

FunnGun wrote:It happens a lot with just about every coaching change on all colliegate levels. There is a lot of confusion and people will get their precissious feeling hurt. This would have been a non story if it wasn't Tuberville. Is anyone writing a story about the kids that change their minds and absentminded things they do?

I didn't realize you were related to Tuberville.

Saying that, I don't see how this can be defended. All you have to do is have an assistant or an aide pick up the phone and start calling recruits that won't be detained - immediately. Is that really too much to ask?
oxrageous

Postby CapitalGator02 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:17 pm

oxrageous wrote:
FunnGun wrote:It happens a lot with just about every coaching change on all colliegate levels. There is a lot of confusion and people will get their precissious feeling hurt. This would have been a non story if it wasn't Tuberville. Is anyone writing a story about the kids that change their minds and absentminded things they do?

Saying that, I don't see how this can be defended. All you have to do is have an assistant or an aide pick up the phone and start calling recruits that won't be detained - immediately. Is that really too much to ask?

It would be like prison playing for Tubesteakville. What a POS

Blessing in disguise for Canty in the long run IMO
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby Zambo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:18 pm

As an authority on feelings, I'm not sure how getting a scholarship pulled is equivalent to getting your precious feelings hurt. A scholarship is an actual thing, not a feeling.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:23 pm

Hey FunnGunn, I've enjoyed trolling you this week. I didn't realize you could get so pissy. :lol:
oxrageous

Postby oxrageous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:24 pm

CapitalGator02 wrote:
oxrageous wrote:

It would be like prison playing for Tubesteakville. What a POS

Blessing in disguise for Canty in the long run IMO

I think I meant "retained". Although they both work. :lol:
oxrageous

Postby crosscreekcooter » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Hang on, he's responding to my post on Jagsarethebomb.com
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby FunnGun » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:32 pm

oxrageous wrote:Hey FunnGunn, I've enjoyed trolling you this week. I didn't realize you could get so pissy. :lol:

:lol: I know you have. I'm never pissy though, I just usually respond in kind, even when being ridiculous.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:33 pm

crosscreekcooter wrote:Hang on, he's responding to my post on Jagsarethebomb.com

What happened to you? You had so much promise...
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FullMoonMadness » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:37 pm

I always wondered why Auburn would fire a guy who managed to go undefeated and now the answer is quite evident. But after this report, and the walking out on dinner, it's hard to conclude anything other than he's a jerk.
~Full Moon Madness

"All hail, Florida, hail."
FullMoonMadness
Redshirt Gator

Postby Gatormatic » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Kids changing their minds is a horrible thing? They have that right. This lowlife Tuberville is a head coach. He's supposed to be the leader of a program, an extension of the university he represents, and be a responsible, stand up MAN. Tuberville is none of those things. What a piece of crap.
Go Gators!
Gatormatic
True Gator

Postby FunnGun » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Zambo wrote:As an authority on feelings, I'm not sure how getting a scholarship pulled is equivalent to getting your precious feelings hurt. A scholarship is an actual thing, not a feeling.

I agree, you're a authority on emotions and the way they can be destructive to team and masculinity. And it surprises me you're allowing yours to cloud your judgement here. :lol:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:40 pm

Gatormatic wrote:

Kids changing their minds is a horrible thing? They have that right. This lowlife Tuberville is a head coach. He's supposed to be the leader of a program, an extension of the university he represents, and be a responsible, stand up MAN. Tuberville is none of those things. What a piece of crap.

So does Tuberville. Get over it.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gatorJ » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Yeah.... Not the same thing. :?
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby FunnGun » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:43 pm

gatorJ wrote:

Yeah.... Not the same thing. :?

Why?

I'm not saying any of this is right or that Tuberville is a nice guy. Obviously he isn't, but he's not unique and neither is this situation.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum