Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], MrSwampy, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests

Caldwell - Jags new GM comment:

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Re: Caldwell - Jags new GM comment:

Postby 8802gator » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:27 pm

I never really liked Jax as a location for Tim. It would end up like this past year with the Jets. I think his best shot is to go to the Patriots and become a situational player. Imo he would thrive in their system as a short yardage and goal to go back. There would also be no media frenzy because the novelty has worn off and he would be no threat to Brady. Tim just has to swallow his pride and realize that no team wants him as a qb right now.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Plenty changed on Denver's roster. Better WRs & TE ... including
one of Manning's old teammate = know each other to a tee.
Then there is that $90,000,000 HOF QB. Every team cannot have
a Peyton Manning .... so "rookie" Tebow was thrown into the fire
with a receiver-dismantled team (traded Loyd & Caldwell), so an
offense a veteran couldn't do well with. You see, Orton failed with
the better Broncos having Loyd & Caldwell.

Un-supported "Rookie" QB Tebow fired up that whole team O & D.
He fired up all Bronco fans and he fired up the TV airways nationwide.
Those Broncos and Tebow had to lose one day. And then the tear-downs
began in an attempt erase what the whole NFL-viewing public saw and
cheered.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby G8RByte » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:38 pm

rogdochar wrote:Plenty changed on Denver's roster. Better WRs & TE ... including
one of Manning's old teammate = know each other to a tee.
Then there is that $90,000,000 HOF QB. Every team cannot have
a Peyton Manning .... so "rookie" Tebow was thrown into the fire
with a receiver-dismantled team (traded Loyd & Caldwell), so an
offense a veteran couldn't do well with. You see, Orton failed with
the better Broncos having Loyd & Caldwell.

Un-supported "Rookie" QB Tebow fired up that whole team O & D.
He fired up all Bronco fans and he fired up the TV airways nationwide.
Those Broncos and Tebow had to lose one day. And then the tear-downs
began in an attempt erase what the whole NFL-viewing public saw and
cheered.

I'm not disputing that Tebow lit a fire in them last year. I'm not refuting that Manning is not just any quarterback. Denver's roster did not change significantly, and they are significantly better. They have and had last year, one of the best defenses in the league. Denver could win one way last year and that is with ball control (where Tebow helped), and not turning it over. They can win ANY way this year.

I admire what Tim did last year under the scrutiny, and I hope he gets his chance. I think he would sell a few jerseys in Jacksonville, and that's about it with that sh#t roster.

...and I am a lowly Jags fan.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby CapitalGator02 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:43 pm

Whelp, that pretty much ends Tebow's career as an NFL QB. His off the field celebrity status has hurt his ability to catch on with another team.

He could come back to FL and teach Driskel to stop being a vag
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Tebow to be in Limbo ?

Postby Gator Fever » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:47 pm

" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:50 pm

And so the Jags remain the most irrelevant team in the NFL.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby GatorJay26 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Jaguars are a pathetic organization. I mean Gabbert? Henne? Hahaha
GatorJay26
True Gator

Postby The_AlphaGator1906 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:16 pm

G8RByte wrote:I am a huge Tebow fan, but not of him as a NFL Quarterback. Call me whatever you want.

Wow, I'm not surprised by some of these comments because this was the same board that said WM doesn't know what he's doing because we got beat down by Louisville. I know, sports are "what have you done for me lately" but this is sad honestly. I have a question, were you saying this same thing after Tebow threw for 308 yards? What about when he threw for 316 yards? Were both of those games just pure luck? How did the football travel from his hand to WR's hands all of those times? I don't understand it at all. Please explain that to me.
"Do you like it? Do you think Cleveland is cool? I mean, I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good a bout Cleveland?"-Joakim Noah
The_AlphaGator1906
Heisman Gator

Postby GBHOR » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:37 pm

MatthewM. wrote:And so the Jags remain the most irrelevant team in the NFL.

No Doubt!!
GBHOR
All-American Gator

Postby G8RByte » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:41 pm

The_AlphaGator1906 wrote:
G8RByte wrote:I am a huge Tebow fan, but not of him as a NFL Quarterback. Call me whatever you want.

Wow, I'm not surprised by some of these comments because this was the same board that said WM doesn't know what he's doing because we got beat down by Louisville. I know, sports are "what have you done for me lately" but this is sad honestly. I have a question, were you saying this same thing after Tebow threw for 308 yards? What about when he threw for 316 yards? Were both of those games just pure luck? How did the football travel from his hand to WR's hands all of those times? I don't understand it at all. Please explain that to me.

Please don't lump me in with the WM haters. I am not a fair weather fan and am elated with the 11-2 season and the direction of the program. I went to my first game in 1976 and have been a Gator all my life.

You also cited Tebow's two best passing games last year, one of which was a thrilling OT victory on an 80-yarder (which put him over the 300 yard mark). You failed to cite other games like the loss to Kansas City where he was inept, the blowout losses to NE, etc. He had a ~54% completion rate and the average completion was about 4.5 yards. Adrian Peterson averaged 2 more yards per carry than Tebow had in Avg Yards Per Completion. Think about that.

Now the argument comes, "well they wouldn't let him throw". Maybe he'll get his chance one day, and I hope he succeeds. The number of great passers in college that did not make it in the pros is almost countless. Would you rate Tebow's passing skills, and pocket presence over Grossman when he came out? How did Grossman do?

Anyway, I guess 32 GM's who make their living at assessing NFL talent aren't as smart as the GSMB. Their assessment is different than the malicious attacks by that joke Hoge, so don't even lump him into my comment.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby G8RByte » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:42 pm

GatorJay26 wrote:Jaguars are a pathetic organization. I mean Gabbert? Henne? Hahaha

Gabbert is the second youngest QB in the league, and the new GM said they would be looking at free agency and the draft to bring in competition at QB. The dude is not sold on Gabbert or Henne either.
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby Mr2Bits » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Could be a ploy to get the Jets to release him. If they think the Jags are dying for Tebow they will look for a pick to get him.
Why drive when you can fly!
Mr2Bits
Heisman Gator

Postby G8RByte » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Mr2Bits wrote:Could be a ploy to get the Jets to release him. If they think the Jags are dying for Tebow they will look for a pick to get him.

That's a theory. If he is released, it would be cheap to bring him in for and let him try to make the roster.
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby The_AlphaGator1906 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:39 pm

G8RByte wrote:
The_AlphaGator1906 wrote:

Please don't lump me in with the WM haters. I am not a fair weather fan and am elated with the 11-2 season and the direction of the program. I went to my first game in 1976 and have been a Gator all my life.

You also cited Tebow's two best passing games last year, one of which was a thrilling OT victory on an 80-yarder (which put him over the 300 yard mark). You failed to cite other games like the loss to Kansas City where he was inept, the blowout losses to NE, etc. He had a ~54% completion rate and the average completion was about 4.5 yards. Adrian Peterson averaged 2 more yards per carry than Tebow had in Avg Yards Per Completion. Think about that.

Now the argument comes, "well they wouldn't let him throw". Maybe he'll get his chance one day, and I hope he succeeds. The number of great passers in college that did not make it in the pros is almost countless. Would you rate Tebow's passing skills, and pocket presence over Grossman when he came out? How did Grossman do?

Anyway, I guess 32 GM's who make their living at assessing NFL talent aren't as smart as the GSMB. Their assessment is different than the malicious attacks by that joke Hoge, so don't even lump him into my comment.

The 308 yards was refferring to his rookie season against the Texans, not last year buddy ;) .

My point is, there are worse qb's in the league that got more of a chance than Tebow did. Football is changing right before our eyes. Look at RGIII, look at the kid from Nevada (he has one of the biggest wind ups you will see in the league). There are very few qb's that can pass like Tom Brady and Rodgers. However, you don't need that to be a succcessful football team. Rex Grossman had great pocket presence and was a heisman candidate. I would've rated Rex Grossman's skill set over Tom Brady and Rodgers right after college. So I don't see your point really besides the fact that Rex has great fundamentals and failed?

I'm sorry but give me the guy that is going to do whatever it takes to get it done, not the pretty boy with great fundamentals. You can keep your Braddy Quinn's and your Kyle Ortons. Give me a Steve Young, give me a Big Ben! That can go for any sport as well, Reggie Miller was a great shooter and was the all time leader at one point. He had the worst fundamentals imaginable. What Reggie did have though was a very quick release and high basketball IQ. I think Tebow doesn't get a fair shot because people are embarrassed to acquire him. It's going to take somebody with guts to see that he has potential (maybe NE?). Whoever, takes a chance on him will get a broken down qb that has nowhere to go but up and prove once and for all that he belongs in the league...AGAIN.
"Do you like it? Do you think Cleveland is cool? I mean, I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good a bout Cleveland?"-Joakim Noah
The_AlphaGator1906
Heisman Gator

Postby BMF » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:42 pm

Jabberdave wrote:

I agree with you, byte. I just don't see him as the caliber of QB that an organization can build around. I think he could be a fantastic TE or FB. He's built for collisions.

I'd love to be wrong.

Glad to see these two posts. Everytime there's a Tebow thread about someone involved w/ the NFL saying he's not a NFL caliber QB someone gets butt-hurt. How many teams, coaches, GM's, analysts, or other people who know what the hell they are talking about have to say it before people believe it? TIme to call a spade a spade. Tebow is a Gator legend....but not a starting NFL QB.

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby FunnGun » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Well said, G8RByte. You've pretty much covered it, and without being abrasive.

I'm just glad it's over, hopefully anyway. It wasn't doing him or the Jags any good. Caldwell, wasn't trying to be a dick about it, he just wanted to stop the talk before it even started. He did Tebow a favor(maybe not his agent though). If you're a Jag fan and are upset about it then I can understand your frustration. If you're just a Tebow fan and you're upset then you can piss off, there's 31 other teams you can complain about, too.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Cold Blooded Reptile » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Just saw this Caldwell guy on TV. He is dead on arrival in Jax. Bad enough, and then the weasel has to show what a man he by taking on Tebow with his comments. Not sure about the Tim in the NFL thing or the Tim in Jacksonville thing, but Caldwell you don't pull on Superman's cape ... not in his hometown.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly ... for a worthy cause .... Theodore Roosevelt
Cold Blooded Reptile
Freshman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:48 pm

He wasn't taking on anyone. He was asked a question and gave an honest answer. He could have said the same thing about hundreds of other players, too, if asked. Not sure why people need to hate the Jaguars because your favorite player will not be there.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Coach9 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Tebow's a proven winner. He's shown that. And he did that with a front office working against him and a coaching staff handcuffing him. He'll win again when he's given the chance.
Hopefully the new Jags GM is using some gamesmanship to lower Tebow's price. He may know the Jets intentions since the Jags owner insisted he interview with the Jets. Hoping anyway.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby FunnGun » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:51 pm

MatthewM. wrote:And so the Jags remain the most irrelevant team in the NFL.

Wrong, as usually. Aren't you a Bucs fan? I got to see the Jags play on local TV this year. You?
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Gatorsports Forum