Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 12 guests

Caldwell - Jags new GM comment:

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Caldwell - Jags new GM comment:

Postby G8RByte » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:17 pm

In his opening presser, "I can't imagine a scenario where Tebow will be a Jacksonville Jaguar."....."even if he is released".

I guess that can end that discussion.

I think Tim is going to rejuvenate his career in the CFL. Warren Moon, and Doug Flutie did it.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Re: Caldwell - Jags new GM comment:

Postby williston_gator » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:17 pm

williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby G8RNGA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:18 pm

Well, that sux. I was really hoping that the Jags would be willing to bring him in and build a program around him similar to RGIII, Cam Newton, etc. by other teams. Maybe KC will call him.
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8RByte » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:19 pm

I am a huge Tebow fan, but not of him as a NFL Quarterback. Call me whatever you want.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:20 pm

G8RByte wrote:I am a huge Tebow fan, but not of him as a NFL Quarterback. Call me whatever you want.

I agree with you, byte. I just don't see him as the caliber of QB that an organization can build around. I think he could be a fantastic TE or FB. He's built for collisions.

I'd love to be wrong.
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby G8RByte » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:24 pm

G8RNGA wrote:Well, that sux. I was really hoping that the Jags would be willing to bring him in and build a program around him similar to RGIII, Cam Newton, etc. by other teams. Maybe KC will call him.

I really think it's going to be the CFL, GA. Nothing would make me happier to see him excel in the NFL, but he was not in a system in college that to me translates to the NFL as it currently stands. Griffin, Cam, and Kaopernick (sp?) may change that mold, but they are 4.3 - 4.5 guys with big arms. Tim is a different type of player/threat.
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby G8RByte » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Jabberdave wrote:
G8RByte wrote:I am a huge Tebow fan, but not of him as a NFL Quarterback. Call me whatever you want.

I agree with you, byte. I just don't see him as the caliber of QB that an organization can build around. I think he could be a fantastic TE or FB. He's built for collisions.

I'd love to be wrong.

Exactly Jabber.
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby Jbossgator9 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Tim has ALREADY PROVEN that he can play QB and WIN in the NFL. He took a team that was 1-4 to the playoffs and BEAT the #1 ranked defense in the NFL in the PLAYOFFS. Denver was the 26th RANKED Defense in the NFL so they were far from a great defensive team. Tebow helped Denver become the #1 rushing offense in the NFL that year. Tebow the highest rated QB in the last few minutes of a game. He flat out wins games when he isn't or people tell him he is not supposed to. Tim can play and win in the NFL. PERIOD. He has already done it and proven it.
Jbossgator9
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:55 pm

The CFL is more of a passing league than the NFL you dopes. If he's done he's done.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Flaglergator » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:04 pm

Pastor Tebow. He can start his own rehab facility for washed up players and wife beaters.
Flaglergator
True Gator

Postby G8RByte » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Jbossgator9 wrote:Tim has ALREADY PROVEN that he can play QB and WIN in the NFL. He took a team that was 1-4 to the playoffs and BEAT the #1 ranked defense in the NFL in the PLAYOFFS. Denver was the 26th RANKED Defense in the NFL so they were far from a great defensive team. Tebow helped Denver become the #1 rushing offense in the NFL that year. Tebow the highest rated QB in the last few minutes of a game. He flat out wins games when he isn't or people tell him he is not supposed to. Tim can play and win in the NFL. PERIOD. He has already done it and proven it.

Denver needed some breaks and late game heroics (and inexplicable blunders) by other teams (see Chicago) to be a wild card team. This year, they are the prohibitive favorite to win the Super Bowl and have home-field advantage. Not much changed on that roster.
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby ShowMeLove » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 pm

F- Caldwell and F- the Jags.
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:07 pm

G8RByte wrote:
G8RNGA wrote:Well, that sux. I was really hoping that the Jags would be willing to bring him in and build a program around him similar to RGIII, Cam Newton, etc. by other teams. Maybe KC will call him.

I really think it's going to be the CFL, GA. Nothing would make me happier to see him excel in the NFL, but he was not in a system in college that to me translates to the NFL as it currently stands. Griffin, Cam, and Kaopernick (sp?) may change that mold, but they are 4.3 - 4.5 guys with big arms. Tim is a different type of player/threat.

Kaepernick was a pistol offense guy that never saw the light of day in the NFL till he hit the scene. He isn't anymore NFL ready than Tebow is/was.

Oh well... Time for Tebow to let it go.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby G8RNGA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:09 pm

G8RByte wrote:

Not much to argue with really. It may be more of my wish to see him succeed more than anything. In the NFL, you only get one (or a few) opportunities to make a statement. Most analysts say there is a place for Tebow, but they don't seem to agree on where and what.
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:13 pm

G8RByte wrote:
Jbossgator9 wrote:Tim has ALREADY PROVEN that he can play QB and WIN in the NFL. He took a team that was 1-4 to the playoffs and BEAT the #1 ranked defense in the NFL in the PLAYOFFS. Denver was the 26th RANKED Defense in the NFL so they were far from a great defensive team. Tebow helped Denver become the #1 rushing offense in the NFL that year. Tebow the highest rated QB in the last few minutes of a game. He flat out wins games when he isn't or people tell him he is not supposed to. Tim can play and win in the NFL. PERIOD. He has already done it and proven it.

Denver needed some breaks and late game heroics (and inexplicable blunders) by other teams (see Chicago) to be a wild card team. This year, they are the prohibitive favorite to win the Super Bowl and have home-field advantage. Not much changed on that roster.

They won't even win a playoff game this year. Hater.
oxrageous

Postby G8RByte » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:14 pm

MatthewM. wrote:The CFL is more of a passing league than the NFL you dopes. If he's done he's done.

I think you are smoking dope. I'm not saying Tebow would run the wishbone, but he would be more successful throwing on that monstrostic field against CFL secondaries. That is where he'll have to prove himself if he is going to make it.
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby Gouryella » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:14 pm

Trent Dilfer won a super bowl...so what? I'm not sure people agree with you
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby G8RByte » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:19 pm

oxrageous wrote:
G8RByte wrote:

They won't even win a playoff game this year. Hater.

I am pure HATE Ox. :D
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorBart » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:22 pm

\

As a Chiefs fan, I would approve.
Tebow is a winner - something the Chiefs sorely need.
Hopefully Reid will take a look at the possibility.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 pm

It's going to be funny watching Manning mope off the field after losing a home game as an overwhelming playoff favorite again (his record-breaking EIGHTH one-and-done). The Broncos fans are going to be sitting there stunned, not believing that they didn't even get a playoff win this year like they did last year.
oxrageous

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum