Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arkygator, ATXGator, biggator6, Gatorbythebay, gatordad3, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], happyhorseranch, Jabberdave, JimtheGator, Maillot Jaune, Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, rogdochar, TheDouglas78, williston_gator and 78 guests

Champ Phone Call

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Champ Phone Call

Postby GatorSky » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Thought I would share this with the board...

Earlier this week my brother, a high school teacher and coach (not football) in Ocala, wrote a letter to Coach Muschamp expressing disappointment with the antics of some of our players during the Sugar Bowl. He (as do I) holds degrees from UF... He printed the letter on his school's letterhead.

Yesterday he was teaching a class when a call came through from the office - "Will Muschamp is on the phone for you" - he took the call in his classroom... needless to say his tracking my brother down through the letterhead and actually calling to talk about the concerns in the letter was about as classy as you can get. Not sure Urban would've made the effort.

CHAMP!
"What the hell are you guys doing?" "Puttin' on the foil coach"... "yeah, every game"... "want some?"
GatorSky
Senior Gator

Re: Champ Phone Call

Postby delg8tor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Well, are you going to leave us hanging like that? What the heck did he have to say?
delg8tor
Senior Gator

Postby ShowMeLove » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:22 pm

delg8tor wrote:Well, are you going to leave us hanging like that? What the heck did he have to say?

He yelled at him and shouted profanities.
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby IDGAC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:25 pm

delg8tor wrote:Well, are you going to leave us hanging like that? What the heck did he have to say?

Yeah, what an oddly anticlimactic post! :lol: :lol: :lol:
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby G8RByte » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:31 pm

ShowMeLove wrote:

:lmao: :clap2:

In all seriousness...cool story and good to hear.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:32 pm

ShowMeLove wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
oxrageous

Postby -THE DUDE- » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:37 pm

IDGAC wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby jand3k » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:39 pm

IDGAC wrote:

Not really, I get the OP's point and it only shows me what I already assumed of CWM. I don't need to immerse myself into every little detail of these people's lives to appreciate the anecdote.

Great thread and thanx for sharing. :cool:
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby NavetG8r » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:41 pm

He said BOOM M___er F__ker! Obviously...
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby IDGAC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:42 pm

jand3k wrote:
IDGAC wrote:

Not really, I get the OP's point and it only shows me what I already assumed of CWM. I don't need to immerse myself into every little detail of these people's lives to appreciate the anecdote.

What if he called OP's brother and said, "Hey bro, gimme some advice because I can't control these guys", would you then still feel the same about Muschamp?
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:49 pm

Cool
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby jand3k » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:51 pm

IDGAC wrote:
jand3k wrote:
IDGAC wrote:

What if he called OP's brother and said, "Hey bro, gimme some advice because I can't control these guys", would you then still feel the same about Muschamp?

I would think he would come to the GSMB for advice before calling a total stranger.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorKen » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Champ is now going to get 50 letters from GSMB demanding to know what he said during the phone call.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby IDGAC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:56 pm

jand3k wrote:
IDGAC wrote:
jand3k wrote:
IDGAC wrote:

I would think he would come to the GSMB for advice before calling a total stranger.

Yeah, well, that's like, your opinion, man.
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby IDGAC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:57 pm

GatorKen wrote:Champ is now going to get 50 letters from GSMB demanding to know what he said during the phone call.

You seriously underestimate the laziness of the GSMB contingent.
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby jand3k » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:09 pm

IDGAC wrote:
jand3k wrote:
IDGAC wrote:
jand3k wrote:
IDGAC wrote:

Yeah, well, that's like, your opinion, man.

:lol: I heared they're like chocolate starfish. ;)
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorSky » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:11 pm

Wanted to be accurate, so had my brother summarize:

The major things he talked about were: he did say, verbatim- “if things were perfect before we got here, we would never have been here.” He said that twice- obviously this is reference to some of Meyer’s leftovers. After the 2nd time, I said “Coach- does this mean that since this is your third year coming up that these will be YOUR kids and as a result this behavior will be fixed?” He admitted that it was tough to do and that he and his staff need to do a better job. That was his admission that what the letter was about was accurate. He also mentioned the Georgia game and how they didn’t handle that well either.

The other part was that he was just really nice. He called me by name a few times. He said he appreciated our interest in the program and the school.

Wish I had taped the damn thing. But I’m glad I sent it old school real mail with letter head so he could find me. I didn’t include my phone or anything so he made the effort to call school.
"What the hell are you guys doing?" "Puttin' on the foil coach"... "yeah, every game"... "want some?"
GatorSky
Senior Gator

Postby IDGAC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Wow. I can't wait till the Meyer stench is gone forever. I love the man for the 2 NC's he delivered, but once he mentally checked out, he harmed the program pretty good.
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby ShowMeLove » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:27 pm

"WELL I GOT YOUR LETTER, MR. HELPER."

ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby jand3k » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:30 pm

GatorSky wrote:

Wanted to be accurate, so had my brother summarize:

The major things he talked about were: he did say, verbatim- “if things were perfect before we got here, we would never have been here.” He said that twice- obviously this is reference to some of Meyer’s leftovers. After the 2nd time, I said “Coach- does this mean that since this is your third year coming up that these will be YOUR kids and as a result this behavior will be fixed?” He admitted that it was tough to do and that he and his staff need to do a better job. That was his admission that what the letter was about was accurate. He also mentioned the Georgia game and how they didn’t handle that well either.

The other part was that he was just really nice. He called me by name a few times. He said he appreciated our interest in the program and the school.

Wish I had taped the damn thing. But I’m glad I sent it old school real mail with letter head so he could find me. I didn’t include my phone or anything so he made the effort to call school.

Thanks for the follow up. I know some on here appreciate it more than others and were turning blue holding their breath. ;)
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum