Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gatorgabe7, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lumagator, MSNbot Media, t-gator, vulcan_alex, Yahoo [Bot] and 84 guests

Bryan Cox Jr.

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Bryan Cox Jr.

Postby GatorInGeorgia » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:15 am

Anybody have any info on how Bryan Cox Jr. has been performing so far? I haven't heard his name and didn't hear anything about him being one of the up and comers doing well in bowl practices. Not sure if he took a redshirt this year or not. Just curious to see what info anyone has on him.
GatorInGeorgia
True Gator

Re: Bryan Cox Jr.

Postby Alagator » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:42 am

I'm almost positive he took a redshirt. I haven't heard anything about him either and was wondering how he was doing. Hope he surprises and is a contributer next year but he may be one of those guys that just takes a couple years to develop.
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorInGeorgia » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:46 am

Alagator wrote:I'm almost positive he took a redshirt. I haven't heard anything about him either and was wondering how he was doing. Hope he surprises and is a contributer next year but he may be one of those guys that just takes a couple years to develop.

I was/am hoping he brings some of his dad's nastiness to our defense. We could have used some of that emotion in our last game.
GatorInGeorgia
True Gator

Postby BMF » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:04 am

Cox redshirted. I haven't heard much about him, except that he's expected to be in the DE rotation. He was 235 when he came in, so he's likely 10-15lbs heavier. I'm looking forward to seeing him play. He was only a 3-star, but comes from great bloodlines. I remember reading that Cox Sr knows Quinn (from the NFL) and was high on his son playing for Quinn and UF.

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby Homer J » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:59 am

Any chance he could move to ILB ? With his size, it may work. I don't know if he can move very well, though.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby -THE DUDE- » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:04 am

Homer J wrote:Any chance he could move to ILB ? With his size, it may work. I don't know if he can move very well, though.

i think that was the issue and why he was pegged for DE...as always i could be wrong :lol:
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby MatthewM. » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:06 am

Cox

PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby gatordad » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:43 am

His dad played with a very bad attitude. I loved watching him play. It would be nice if son takes after dad...of course, that's pretty heavy pressure. Of course, it seems the Taylor family is delivering on this.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:44 am

:rolleyes:
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby DCflorida » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:00 am

Cox Sr still isn't one to be messed with:

DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby gatordad3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:51 am

gatordad wrote:His dad played with a very bad attitude. I loved watching him play. It would be nice if son takes after dad...of course, that's pretty heavy pressure. Of course, it seems the Taylor family is delivering on this.

Being a long time Dolphin fan, although it was classless what he did at Buffalo(or was it at the Jets/Giants stadium) when the elder Cox gave the rival fans both his middle fingers, I also thought it was funny. You just don't get that kind of hate from NFL players who show no love lost and/or respect for a rival team.

With that said, I also hope Jr. has at least half his fathers attitude. On a side note, I remember Ferrell Edmonds, the elder Cox's teammate at Miami, was just as nasty as a TE.
gatordad3
Heisman Gator

Postby BMF » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:01 am

Up to 260lbs.....
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby NVGator » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:09 am

BMF wrote:Up to 260lbs.....

:eek:

You also mentioned above, a couple months ago, that Sr. was happy with Quinn. Hope his departure doesn't effect Jr. Looking forward to seeing his get some PT this year.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby BMF » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:57 am

Yep....well before Quinn moved on. I doubt it has any impact on Cox. He's a redshirt freshman now, so he's probably fired up to get on the field this fall. With our lack of depth...and his size gain, I imagine he'll be in the rotation.
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby ncargat1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:36 am

Correct. As reported in another site, Bryan Cos Jr was up to between 260-265 lbs and was no longer considered as a possibility for the BUCK, but rather was moving to DE.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorInGeorgia » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:12 am

Nice.
GatorInGeorgia
True Gator

Postby GatorBart » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:37 pm

NVGator wrote:

:eek:

You also mentioned above, a couple months ago, that Sr. was happy with Quinn. Hope his departure doesn't effect Jr. Looking forward to seeing his get some PT this year.

Hopefully he's embraced Lawing as his DL coach, as he seems to be stellar hire by Muschamp.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum