Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gardnerwebbalumnigator, GatorBart, Gatorious, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, RebelGator and 61 guests

Neiron Ball

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Neiron Ball

Postby rogdochar » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:25 pm

Following the lines of a big jump in improvement, isn't Neiron Ball
of high likelihood. He's one season clear of his critical medical
mayhem mental cautions.?

As true freshman, Ball played in all 13 games. In H.S. he played LB
and weakside DE... had 12 sacks in one game from DE position. He
had to build himself back to 230 lbs.

Ball came as Rival's 4*, nation's # 16 outside LB and #19 weak-side DE.
Fine Gator personalized story ... The way the Gator staff were there
for him 'round the clock. How Ball lost his parents when he was young.
Raised by his sister and her husband who said "I'm very pleased and
impressed that coach Muschamp, knowing Neiron for just one month,
dedicated so much time and genuine concern to his ballplayer."

>> It's the type situation, where Coach Sabin would have sent a grad-student coach to measure his body-cast for the right-size
grey-shirt fit. <<
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Re: Neiron Ball

Postby gatordad » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:09 pm

WM is a good guy. Saban, not so much...so who do you want to coach your team?
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby the-color-blue » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 pm

i was concerned about the LBs till i realised jenkins was out all year so we are only really losing one starter(bostic). we have a good young guys coming in and in reserve so should be good here safety makes me worried tho actually
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby law98gator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:15 pm

gatordad wrote:WM is a good guy. Saban, not so much...so who do you want to coach your team?

Did you really understand that? Or are you faking it?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby UFJersey » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:41 pm

PLAYER TEAM WINS

McCarron Ala. 12
Murray UGA 11
Manziel aTm 11
Driskel UF 11

What else really matters?
UFJersey
Baby Gator

Postby FunnGun » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:45 pm

I don't know about this guy, he's been a headache all year.

Too soon?
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:48 pm

UFJersey wrote:PLAYER TEAM WINS

McCarron Ala. 12
Murray UGA 11
Manziel aTm 11
Driskel UF 11

Driskel is another one of likelihood of making an effectiveness jump.
If he (and help-mates) acquired a fear,some passing attack, can't
imagine the long runs he will rightfully make. Here's hoping.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby -THE DUDE- » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:48 pm

the-color-blue wrote:i was concerned about the LBs till i realised jenkins was out all year so we are only really losing one starter(bostic). we have a good young guys coming in and in reserve so should be good here safety makes me worried tho actually

McCray could be thrown in there as well...that guy had a great year. Powell will be filling his spot though and if he can get back to form like he was said to have been this past spring he could be the next breakout player. Powell, Taylor, Morrison, and Ball should form a nice LB corp.
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby the-color-blue » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:18 pm

-THE DUDE- wrote:
the-color-blue wrote:i was concerned about the LBs till i realised jenkins was out all year so we are only really losing one starter(bostic). we have a good young guys coming in and in reserve so should be good here safety makes me worried tho actually

McCray could be thrown in there as well...that guy had a great year. Powell will be filling his spot though and if he can get back to form like he was said to have been this past spring he could be the next breakout player. Powell, Taylor, Morrison, and Ball should form a nice LB corp.

yeah if you classify that as a backer(as the team does) but he looked like a weakside defensive end to me as far as assignments go but if we go more 34 instead 43 i would count powell as a returning starter i guess... plus i hear good things about the other powell (jeremi) and mcallister in the buck spot
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:31 pm

He may already have one, but I'm going to hold out a lttle hope JJ decides to come back before Jan. 18th.

Why is this in a Neiron Ball thread? JJ would not only start but allow for some much needed depth at the position. I know JJ doesn't play the same LB position as Ball, but in the event of 2 injuries, the Coaches have to move players all over the place.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby the-color-blue » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:38 pm

linebacker positions as a whole kind of have a size issue in the mind of coaches, i have heard. ball having the best size of our current group, besides some of the buck guys, makes him the best case to move inside if morrison doesn't put on the weight or taylor doesn't improve in coverage.... i spend entirely too much time on this stuff... but on point i hope ball and kitchens give me the warm and fuzzies thru their awesome play and example next year for sure.
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby IDGAC » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:42 pm

McCarron Ala. 12
Murray UGA 11
Manziel aTm 11
Driskel UF 11

Championships.
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby delg8tor » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Mr. Eko wrote:

He may already have one, but I'm going to hold out a lttle hope JJ decides to come back before Jan. 18th.

Why is this in a Neiron Ball thread? JJ would not only start but allow for some much needed depth at the position. I know JJ doesn't play the same LB position as Ball, but in the event of 2 injuries, the Coaches have to move players all over the place.

Why is this in a Neiron Ball Thread should not be asked of or by you... Makes perfect sense!
At least you are on the right side of the ball!

McCarron Ala. 12
Murray UGA 11
Manziel aTm 11
Driskel UF 11

The question should be what the heck is this doing in a Neiron Ball Thread?
That one had me scratching my head a bit...
delg8tor
Senior Gator

Postby the-color-blue » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:44 pm

IDGAC wrote:

McCarron Ala. 12
Murray UGA 11
Manziel aTm 11
Driskel UF 11

Championships.

beating georgia
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby law98gator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:52 pm

When did Neiron Ball become Dick Butkus, Jr. or Ray Lewis, Jr.?

Sorry, I'll believe it when I see it. IMO he's just depth. I'll be surprised if he starts.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:00 pm

the-color-blue wrote:linebacker positions as a whole kind of have a size issue in the mind of coaches, i have heard. ball having the best size of our current group,

Ball is tall, but I think the size they are talking about is width instead. Bammer plays 260 pound backers who were able to run down Demps on a sweep. I suspect that it what they want. I'm not sure we have the right groceries for that at this time.

Runstopping isn't one of Ball's strengths. He's better as a blitzer and in pass coverage. Moving him inside doesn't make any sense to me.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby the-color-blue » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:05 pm

go root for bama then take year off might make a lot of people happy... kind of hard to practice run support and tackling when you have a brain bleed....dick
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby UF_Cheme_Student » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 pm

rogdochar wrote:
>> It's the type situation, where Coach Sabin would have sent a grad-student coach to measure his body-cast for the right-size
grey-shirt fit. <<

Grey Shirts are for recruits not players already on the team. Maybe your thinking medical hardship scholarship?
UF_Cheme_Student
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:50 pm

FunnGun wrote:I don't know about this guy, he's been a headache all year.

Too soon?

Now I can appreciate FunnGun's reference-play on headaches on
the Neiron Ball subject, as it is a won battle worthy of a smile.

But, I'm puzzled why any Gator fan would question why Neiron
Ball is even the subject of a thread about Neiron Ball's brush with a
physiological defect that could have killed his Gator-dreams. And
the fine way Muschamp stayed close, for a guy who may not return
to be any benefit to Champ's goals. ??

How does Ball's human interest story, draw forth desires to point out
how less he is than our other LBs ?

Another angle was that next year may bring overlooked 'surprise' improvement-jumps from various players ... like Ball, Driskel, any
redshirt newcomers and any freshman "right-away" contributors.
IDK. The purpose was to learn from others who or where specific
extra-boosts may come from. ?? or none if no potentials detectable.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 pm

the-color-blue wrote:go root for bama then take year off might make a lot of people happy... kind of hard to practice run support and tackling when you have a brain bleed....dick

Get some bleach and do what's right.

Aren't the azzhat who just made the dumbest first post in history?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum