Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 17 guests

Conference Game 1: Florida vs. Georgia

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Conference Game 1: Florida vs. Georgia

Postby NVGator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:52 am

7:00pm EST. ESPN3. 721 DTv.

Florida opens at -18.5 (an 18.5 favorite) and its already moved to 19. Last game, Florida was -19 and won by 21 @ Yale.

Georgia hasn't shown well at all this year so far. Their coach, Mark Fox, was the coach for Nevada prior. He's a winner and a loser. He can get his team going at times.

I think Florida can cover. Any thoughts?
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Re: Conference Game 1: Florida vs. Georgia

Postby rogdochar » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:03 am

Gators need to develop dominant inside game. Inside-men need to
not play like their part is to watch to see what our outside guys are
going to do. Passing around the perimeter is not the good passing
attack.

Facing Georgia, at our place, 7pm on cable CSS.
Ga's best is a 6'4" guard, sophomore with 17.5 average.
The rest-best averages are 7.0 and below. Record is 7-6 .
They have a 6'11" guy.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby mtn2top » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 am

Georgia seems to always play us tough. All they have to do is scrap with us a little bit and they can keep us from covering that big of a line.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby tillsb » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:49 am

We cover
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:34 am

We win, I don't care if we cover.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Jabberdave » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:37 am

The stands will be packed with tens of people.

When UF is making this a faculty/staff night game, ticket sales are in the toilet. I think the Vandy game in March is another one.
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby ATXGator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:03 am

I am not sure if we cover or not. That is a big line. It could come down to late 3 pointer either way and that always worries me.

We should win this one pretty easily since we are at home and it seems like Kenny has broken out of his slump.

Does anybody know if Murphy is playing?
"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take!"

ATXGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:46 am

ATXGator wrote:I am not sure if we cover or not. That is a big line. It could come down to late 3 pointer either way and that always worries me.

We should win this one pretty easily since we are at home and it seems like Kenny has broken out of his slump.

I believe he is officially listed as questionable, but I'd doubt he plays. I mean, a fractured rib doesn't sound like a lot of fun on the court.
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby GatorBart » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:18 pm

Jabberdave wrote:
ATXGator wrote:I am not sure if we cover or not. That is a big line. It could come down to late 3 pointer either way and that always worries me.

I believe he is officially listed as questionable, but I'd doubt he plays. I mean, a fractured rib doesn't sound like a lot of fun on the court.

Agreed. He reportedly can't lift his arm above his head without considerable pain. That is not good for guy who we rely on to knock down 3s, get a few rebounds and play with his hands up on D. I think he'll return to the lineup when he shows Billy he can practice and be productive at it.
Get healed up soon Murph. We can probably do without you the next three games, but we'll need you back by Jan. 19 when Mizzou comes to town.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby FunnGun » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:25 pm

GatorBart wrote:
Jabberdave wrote:

Agreed. He reportedly can't lift his arm above his head without considerable pain. That is not good for guy who we rely on to knock down 3s, get a few rebounds and play with his hands up on D. I think he'll return to the lineup when he shows Billy he can practice and be productive at it.
Get healed up soon Murph. We can probably do without you the next three games, but we'll need you back by Jan. 19 when Mizzou comes to town.

I don't think he plays, and I think I've seen somewhere that he's doubtful.

I didn't get to see the whole Yale game but he didn't look to be in pain when he was jumping from the bench to celebrate Kenny knocking the bucket off the wall.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp Queen » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm

GatorBart wrote:
Jabberdave wrote:

Really, because the other night during the Yale game he imitated swinging a giant hammer over his head and pounding the ground after someone knocked down a 3 to increase the lead.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby GatorBart » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Swamp Queen wrote:
GatorBart wrote:
Jabberdave wrote:

Really, because the other night during the Yale game he imitated swinging a giant hammer over his head and pounding the ground after someone knocked down a 3 to increase the lead.

I didn't get to see the Yale game, but I believe you.
My post said 'reportedly' and here's the quote from Billy and the URL to the article on GatorSports.com (I don't know how to imbed a link, sorry).

“It's in a really bad spot, the injury. It's right by his lat (muscle). Any time he raises his arms or reaches his arms up, there's a significant amount of pain.”

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2013 ... broken-rib
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorBart » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:34 pm

GatorBart wrote:
Swamp Queen wrote:
GatorBart wrote:
Jabberdave wrote:

My post said 'reportedly' and here's the quote from Billy and the URL to the article on GatorSports.com (I don't know how to imbed a link, sorry).

“It's in a really bad spot, the injury. It's right by his lat (muscle). Any time he raises his arms or reaches his arms up, there's a significant amount of pain.”

Oh, it worked! Look at me! :happy:
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp Queen » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:35 pm

GatorBart wrote:
Swamp Queen wrote:
GatorBart wrote:
Jabberdave wrote:

Strange. Maybe he hurt it worse when he did that. I have no idea, I hadn't read any info on his injury until now.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby FunnGun » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:42 pm

GatorBart wrote:
Oh, it worked! Look at me! :happy:

:lol: :clap:

I saw him jumping around during the game as well. But I could see how shooting and defending shots could be a problem if it is in the lat/back area.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Maillot Jaune » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:50 pm

FunnGun wrote:
GatorBart wrote:
Jabberdave wrote:

I didn't get to see the whole Yale game but he didn't look to be in pain when he was jumping from the bench to celebrate Kenny knocking the bucket off the wall.

I saw that ax swing. Seemed odd for a guy in pain. Maybe he was medicated.

Doesn't sound like he will play tonight though.
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Maillot Jaune wrote:
FunnGun wrote:
GatorBart wrote:
Jabberdave wrote:

I saw that ax swing. Seemed odd for a guy in pain. Maybe he was medicated.

Doesn't sound like he will play tonight though.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:25 pm

That axe-arc could be in the realm of his physical therapy moves.
Whereas, getting a fierce elbow to that area could be brutal and a
set-back from that 100% goal.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby mtn2top » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:50 pm

We won't need Erik in this one, so Billy D is likely to let him heal for more significant match up in the days to come.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorBart » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:34 pm

mtn2top wrote:We won't need Erik in this one, so Billy D is likely to let him heal for more significant match up in the days to come.

Tweets from his girlfriend and Brockway indicate that he may try to play tonight. We shall see. I say rest him so he can be more healthy for when we will need him.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum