Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cover2, dz_23, Gator Fever, Gatorbythebay, Gatorious, Google Adsense [Bot], MJMGator, MSNbot Media, NoGaGator, swampfuel, Wait ’til next year, Yahoo [Bot] and 86 guests

The TRUTH about Bama

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

The TRUTH about Bama

Postby floridagator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Really good team among not so REALLY good teams this year.
Remember Bammer lost and was out of contention. Other teams had to beat teams in order for them to even make it to the game.

Bammer looked good against a ND team that hardly handled Pitt.

Not saying Saban teams aren't good but not as superior as some treat them.

LUCK still has a major part in college football and even getting to the NC game.

In other words them Gators do not have to dismantle the swamp and focus on tennis. We were just where they were. We man handled them and beat them in the fourth late not long ago.

Screw Bammer , go Gators!
floridagator
Heisman Gator

Re: The TRUTH about Bama

Postby GatorKen » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:54 pm

floridagator wrote:Really good team among not so REALLY good teams this year.
Remember Bammer lost and was out of contention. Other teams had to beat teams in order for them to even make it to the game.

Bammer looked good against a ND team that hardly handled Pitt.

Not saying Saban teams aren't good but not as superior as some treat them.

LUCK still has a major part in college football and even getting to the NC game.

In other words them Gators do not have to dismantle the swamp and focus on tennis. We were just where they were. We man handled them and beat them in the fourth late not long ago.

Screw Bammer , go Gators!

Bama was clearly the best team in the country this year. If they play A&M 10 times they win at least 7 times vs A&M.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby unofficialgator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:56 pm

This. Our Gator team faired pretty well against LSU, TAMU UGay teams that all gave bama all they could handle.

Of the 3 national title teams, this was Bama's least talented though. I suspect individually they will be better in terms of developed talent next year.

Hopefully we can field an offense that is a bit more honest next year
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Why was I expecting something about cousins and/or farm animals?

Or maybe the scientific explanation of why tornadoes always hit trailer parks.
Last edited by law98gator on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:10 pm

This year, this Alabama team would beat all non-SEC teams as
lopsided as they beat undefeated, "#1" Notre Dame.
This NC Alabama team would only be given tough wins or even defeats
at the hands of other SEC teams. No-no, not ever another SEC v SEC
NCG. Welllll wait 'til that playoff system throws 4-5-6 of the best
into the hopper. Think 2 SEC teams emerge ?
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby BMF » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:11 pm

This is a sour grapes thread. Leave it alone. We should have lost to Louisiana Lafayette....HELLO! We squeaked by Missouri, TAM, and struggled w Bowling Green (among a few others).

We had a GREAT season. Period. We had a chance to win the East...we didn't. We had great wins vs. TAM, Tennessee, LSU, SC, and FSU.

We are improving....but to start this thread trying to belittle Bama's accomplishments is plain sour grapes....

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby NVGator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:16 pm

BMF wrote:This is a sour grapes thread. Leave it alone. We should have lost to Louisiana Lafayette....HELLO! We squeaked by Missouri, TAM, and struggled w Bowling Green (among a few others).

We had a GREAT season. Period. We had a chance to win the East...we didn't. We had great wins vs. TAM, Tennessee, LSU, SC, and FSU.

We are improving....but to start this thread trying to belittle Bama's accomplishments is plain sour grapes....

---

:clap: :clap:
:yes:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby MJMGator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm

BMF wrote:This is a sour grapes thread. Leave it alone. We should have lost to Louisiana Lafayette....HELLO! We squeaked by Missouri, TAM, and struggled w Bowling Green (among a few others).

---

+1
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby NavetG8r » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 pm

---

Yeah, I'd say Bamma was one of the top 3-4 teams in the country this year. They made it to the title game and won. And I won't be a bit surprised if 2 out of the top 4 teams in the 4 team playoff are SEC teams consistently once it gets rolling. And that's gonna give plenty of opportunities to see SEC against SEC for the title. The other conferences can boo hoo about it all they want, but the bottom line is, play a schedule that merits recognition, and win. Otherwise, be just another wanna-be. However, I also see a lot of boo hooing inside the SEC when the loser of the SECCG finds itself out of the top 4 and behind another SEC team that might have lost to them. Just like this year with UF and UGA. We might see the SEC do away with the championship game and just award the top record the conference title, or name an east and west champion and leave it there. Still have one more year of the crappy BCS before we have to worry about that. But it's food for thought.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby DaddyGator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:24 pm

41-14
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby floridagator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:24 am

---

Not sour grapes at all. I kinda posted this in response after readin the "fall of Gator empire thread"

this was a good year for us and were moving in the right direction. That being said I'm just saying bama didn't coast through they lost and had to have teams lose to let them slide through. Nothing wrong with that happens pretty much every year, but it's not like bama's running the table. They lost at home it happens.

Sour grapes, no. How bout some get off bama's jockstrap
floridagator
Heisman Gator

Postby floridagator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:31 am

---

Not sour grapes at all. I kinda posted this in response after readin the "fall of Gator empire thread"

this was a good year for us and were moving in the right direction. That being said I'm just saying bama didn't coast through they lost and had to have teams lose to let them slide through. Nothing wrong with that happens pretty much every year, but it's not like bama's running the table. They lost at home it happens.

Sour grapes, no. How bout some get off bama's jockstrap
floridagator
Heisman Gator

Postby alcoholica » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:43 am

We're not as far away as we think from a NC, but we're further away than we thought before the Sugar Bowl. It takes time to build depth on the lines and have a solid 2 deep chart. We're close, but I don't think next year does it. Maybe 2014 with Driskel as a Sr. who is much more mature. Then we'll see if Muschamp has built a program. Future looks good tho.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 am

alcoholica wrote:We're not as far away as we think from a NC, but we're further away than we thought before the Sugar Bowl. It takes time to build depth on the lines and have a solid 2 deep chart. We're close, but I don't think next year does it. Maybe 2014 with Driskel as a Sr. who is much more mature. Then we'll see if Muschamp has built a program. Future looks good tho.

I agree with this. ALL of this.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:47 am

... right now, I don't know where we are.??
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby The RH Factor » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 am

I thought this thread was going to be about players juicing and getting paid.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby TN G8tr » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:33 am

alcoholica wrote:We're not as far away as we think from a NC, but we're further away than we thought before the Sugar Bowl. It takes time to build depth on the lines and have a solid 2 deep chart. We're close, but I don't think next year does it. Maybe 2014 with Driskel as a Sr. who is much more mature. Then we'll see if Muschamp has built a program. Future looks good tho.

I think this is correct. Give it a bit of time. We are definitely moving in the right direction. IMO we are at least better off than the Clowns.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby phideltgator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:47 am

Want some truth? Here is some truth, how about $5.5 million a year, how about $525 K bonus money for BCS/NC?
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Alagator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:03 am

One thought though. Last year our offense was horrid and everyone blamed Wise. Before that it was Dazz's fault. This year our offense was seemingly just as terrible but nobody seemed to second guess Pease.?.? Why is that? Is it because we finally realized it was horses we were lacking? Because we saw glimmers of hope? Because we thought he was our salvation and we can't stand the thought that he may not be?

Watching that bowl game I kept thinking, offensively we look just as inept as we did last year and the year before that. I saw no progress there. We looked bad defensively in the bowl game but overall our defense was a force to be reckoned with. If we can just field a decent offense I'll be satisfied going forward.
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:37 am

The truth about BAMA is that if OSU wasn't on sanctions this year, it would have been OSU / ND in the NC and not BAMA.

BAMA played well, has talent, executed, stayed focused, is well coached and was well prepared. We played our best game vs FSU and I'll take that over the Bowl game.

I was impressed with BAMA from a football execution and just taking it to ND without all of the celebration after a tackle. Just get up and do it again.

We are coming along, and better than I expect, but have a ways to go. Full speed ahead. We'll see BAMA in Atlanta and we better be ready!
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum