Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Double Gator Dad, Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, NCOGator, TheDouglas78 and 64 guests

The SEC Backlash has started

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

The SEC Backlash has started

Postby Homer J » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:08 pm

I was watching PTI and they started talking about the graduation rates of the two school. What the heck does that have to do with last night's game.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Re: The SEC Backlash has started

Postby Vatgator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:16 pm

It started on here a while ago when the first game of the season we had folks hoping that messigan would beat Bama - dopes cutting off their noses to spite their faces
Vatgator
True Gator

Postby DaddyGator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:30 pm

Homer J wrote:I was watching PTI and they started talking about the graduation rates of the two school. What the heck does that have to do with last night's game.

That those Notre Dame grads won't have a natty champ ring? On a serious note, if you get a full ride and don't graduate, whose fault is that?
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:33 pm

SEC-hate was alive and flourishing when "they" propped up as #1
that ND team who escaped too many close games on an easy
opponent-schedule.

There's talk all around "the truth": that ND had no business being
matched against Bama in the NCG. Some "wonder" if Oregon would
have been a better match. Duh ? (We gotta get someone who can
beat the SEC! Hey, we 'shoulda' got aTm .... oops ?)
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby CGgater » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:06 pm

Sour grapes and excuses.

Remember jim delany's letter to the big 10-ish after UF pounded the suckeyes 41-14? "We do things the right way. We have higher academic standards..." Nevermind that UF's academic rating crushed posu just as much as the game's final score. :rolleyes:
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby BMF » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Started? It's been this way for years now.
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby Double Gator Dad » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Any day now they will revert back to the tried and true excuse "We can't recruit the caliber players that Bama has because of our academic standards."

A study was conducted about 6 years ago and the outcome was that Notre Dame's players SAT scores were in the lower half of all NCAA football players.
Who needs facts getting in the way of a good excuse.
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby scmike » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:55 pm

GO SEC!
scmike
Senior Gator

Postby PowerGator79 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:51 pm

The day the NCAA has the balls to strip any team of a national championship because they did not meet a graduation rate is the day the SEC will start requiring their "student-athletes" to graduate. Until then, as Al Davis used to say, "Just win, baby."

In the end, it's just a multi-billion dollar business. The NCAA knows that, regardless of what they say.

What, me cynical?
PowerGator79
Freshman Gator

Postby ncargat1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Homer J wrote:I was watching PTI and they started talking about the graduation rates of the two school. What the heck does that have to do with last night's game.

Who gives a cr@p about graduation when you could go become a millionaire?

Among the players expected to at least test their standing with the NFL Draft Advisory Board are cornerback Dee Milliner, right tackle D.J. Fluker and running back Eddie Lacy.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/08/alabama-2013-season-look-ahead/1813831/
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby jand3k » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:50 pm

It's kinda hard to hear that crap...

from way up here on this SEC-owned BCS perch.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby ATXGator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:06 am

Graduation rate will be lower when players leave early for NFL. Although ND did have one or two players declare at this point.
"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take!"

ATXGator
Heisman Gator

Postby phideltgator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:18 am

It's tough at the top...great title for a book
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatortracker » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:27 am

I am an older man that worked with many companies and managed many people over my long career. In my entire career, I never met a person from Notre Dame that wasn't a flaming A Hole. They are very close to Porsche drivers in mentality..my sh-- does not stink. For the last 5 years ND beats 3 high school level teams in their first games and they are in the top ten..They got their A--s kicked good.
gatortracker
Senior Gator

Postby diehardg8r » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:43 pm

When most of your starters are leaving and getting drafted in the first 3 rounds, it's kinda hard to stick around for graduation.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby gatordad » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:18 pm

gatortracker wrote:I am an older man that worked with many companies and managed many people over my long career. In my entire career, I never met a person from Notre Dame that wasn't a flaming A Hole. They are very close to Porsche drivers in mentality..my sh-- does not stink. For the last 5 years ND beats 3 high school level teams in their first games and they are in the top ten..They got their A--s kicked good.

Just a dadgum minute there ...tracker...what have you got against Porsche drivers? I've owned and driven a number of them. You find jerks in all walks of life and driving all kinds of cars. However, to lump me in with a ND grad...well, that's just beyond the pale and I will not tolerate it. Bunny and I are going to drive my Carrera4S to the club to have a gin and tonic and try to forget the assault on me and my character..

You have definitely hurt my feelings and I will not be sending you a Christmas Card in the future. So there!
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum