Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 29 guests

Losing that game was the best...

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Losing that game was the best...

Postby brodyheisman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 am

Thing that happened to this program this year. I refer you to the 2009 Sugar Bowl. A Alabama team fresh off a disappointing loss to our Gators in the SEC title game rolled in and got smacked by UTAH 31-17. People forget this game, but in my opinion it created the atmosphere we see at Bama today,and a atmosphere that will soon develop here.

It served as a reminder to the Bama players that no team can be taken lightly, and that they must prepare each and every week at a championship level. What we saw unfold was them winning 3 of the next 4 with a style of football that includes battling and giving it all no matter the situation or the score.

I think that if any team will challenge their dynasty it will be us. Talent wise we can match up with them, all we are waiting on is our sleeping giant of a offense to wake up. The advantage that I have seen is that our players seem to have more swagger than any program I have seen in a long time. This can work against you, and we saw it in a lot of games this year vs lesser opponents. At the same time it can also help you tremendously in a competitive atmosphere which we also saw this year.

I would compare our program to Jimmy Johnson's Miami Hurricanes I think we very much embody that brand of football. Muschamp is creating something big here, we have elite coaching, elite players, and the attitude to go with it. I for one am loving how we already aren't getting love for next season its better that way. Look for the Gators to come back with a TREMENDOUS chip on their collective shoulders.
brodyheisman
Redshirt Gator

Re: Losing that game was the best...

Postby gatormandan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:46 am

Sleeping giant offense? Hmmm. They better learn how to block somebody and our QB better learn to do his reads and we certainly better get some receivers that can catch the ball.....I agree with 1/2 of the statement, the sleeping part that is...
gatormandan
True Gator

Postby g8trs99 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:46 am

Is this Canething? I say yes.
g8trs99
True Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:48 am

You are wrong brody.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby brodyheisman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 am

gatormandan wrote:Sleeping giant offense? Hmmm. They better learn how to block somebody and our QB better learn to do his reads and we certainly better get some receivers that can catch the ball.....I agree with 1/2 of the statement, the sleeping part that is...

Maybe if you understood football you would understand our offensive struggles. Why does our o-line suck so much is pass protection? Hmm could it be maybe they never pass blocked under Meyer? You don't pass block in a spread offense everything runs off a zone reed look. Im not sure if you understand how hard it is to switch from a spread to pro style offense. We cant take a 3 step drop without somebody breaking free off the edge. I targeted year three for our offense and I don't see any reason for us not to breakout next year. We have all the talent on the offensive side of the ball going forward to be explosive, and next year I think you will see that.
brodyheisman
Redshirt Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum