Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests

Coaches Poll Punishes UF/Cap one cup hit

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Coaches Poll Punishes UF/Cap one cup hit

Postby Gatorlaw92 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:08 am

Even though we had as many losses, but defeated FSU, Texas a&m, and s. carolina head-to-head, we were ranked below each of them. Really punished us for sugar bowl stinker. It should've been obvious to voters we didn't have the intensity we would otherwise have had if we still had a shot at the title, and looked at the overrall body of work. Head to head is, of course, the most direct test between two tied teams, tiebreaker, but they did not employ it here in these three cases. Oh well, at least the gators shouldn't be complacent in the off-season. Sugar bowl loss really hurt us in potential points for capital one cup standings, also. We would've had possibly 30 points with sugar win finishing second or third, but now only end up with 3. That is a huge difference in the capital one cup competition, where the winner will only usually total about 90-100 pts.
Gatorlaw92
Senior Gator

Re: COACHS' POLL PUNISHES UF/Cap one cup hit

Postby oxrageous » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:10 am

What the hell is the Capital One Cup competition?
oxrageous

Postby Jabberdave » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:16 am

oxrageous wrote:What the hell is the Capital One Cup competition?

All-Sports trophy, I believe.
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:18 am

Jabberdave wrote:

I'm pretty sure no one cares about that.
oxrageous

Re: Coaches Poll Punishes UF/Cap one cup hit

Postby gatordad » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 am

I might care a little bit...is that OK?
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 am

oxrageous wrote:
Jabberdave wrote:

It's a cool award for the overall best performing athletic program. So it's cool if UF wins it, but I'm not buying a Capital One Cup championship shirt.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:24 am

gatordad wrote:I might care a little bit...is that OK?

Hmmm, I'm not sure. We're going to have to define what "a little bit" means to you. Let's begin.

Would you rather have UF win the All-Sports trophy or find a ten dollar bill in the gutter?

If the answer is the trophy, then how about a fifty dollar bill?

Still the trophy? How about a one hundred dollar bill?

Personally, I'd take a five dollar bill.
oxrageous

Postby MatthewM. » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:25 am

Pretty sure Bama and UK currently give zero fuhks about it.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby unofficialgator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:25 am

At UF, final polls don't matter at all if we don't finish at 1 and we are a complete failure if we don't finish in the top 25
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby Gatorlaw92 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:28 am

Of course we do, it's all over espn advertising for the cap one comp. Winner gets trophy at the espys and $400,0000. It's become the most prestigious all-sports trophy in the country, certainly the most well-known. You can't watch espn without seeing a commercial about it. We won the men's capital one cup the first two years, proving yet again, that we are one of the best, if not the best, athletic programs in the country. There is still the director's cup national all-sports comp run by the national assoc of athletic directors, which comp is in its thirtieth year. ONLY UF has finished top-10 all 29 years of that comp, the only consistently elite athletic program in the country!! And, as I said, 2 for 2 winning the men's cap one cup. Surprised you don't follow that, ox. That's the gators' greatest greatness in sports, our all-around athletic program, which is tops, arguably. We win the SEC all-sports comp every year, too. The dominant/flagship athletic program in the sec. So when bama fans or anyone else tries to rub your nose in anything, just say our overrall program is far ahead of theirs. We have national team titles in 12 different sports. Only a handful of schools can say that.
Gatorlaw92
Senior Gator

Postby crosscreekcooter » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:28 am

Jabberdave wrote: but I'm not buying a Capital One Cup championship shirt.

All my t-shirts have foodstains on them.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby crosscreekcooter » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:30 am

Gatorlaw92 wrote:Of course we do, it's all over espn advertising for the cap one comp. Winner gets trophy at the espys and $400,0000. It's become the most prestigious all-sports trophy in the country, certainly the most well-known. You can't watch espn without seeing a commercial about it. We won the men's capital one cup the first two years, proving yet again, that we are one of the best, if not the best, athletic programs in the country. There is still the director's cup national all-sports comp run by the national assoc of athletic directors, which comp is in its thirtieth year. ONLY UF has finished top-10 all 29 years of that comp, the only consistently elite athletic program in the country!! And, as I said, 2 for 2 winning the men's cap one cup. Surprised you don't follow that, ox. That's the gators' greatest greatness in sports, our all-around athletic program, which is tops, arguably. We win the SEC all-sports comp every year, too. The dominant/flagship athletic program in the sec. So when bama fans or anyone else tries to rub your nose in anything, just say our overrall program is far ahead of theirs. We have national team titles in 12 different sports. Only a handful of schools can say that.

Jeremy?
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby Jabberdave » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 am

crosscreekcooter wrote:
Gatorlaw92 wrote:Of course we do, it's all over espn advertising for the cap one comp. Winner gets trophy at the espys and $400,0000. It's become the most prestigious all-sports trophy in the country, certainly the most well-known. You can't watch espn without seeing a commercial about it. We won the men's capital one cup the first two years, proving yet again, that we are one of the best, if not the best, athletic programs in the country. There is still the director's cup national all-sports comp run by the national assoc of athletic directors, which comp is in its thirtieth year. ONLY UF has finished top-10 all 29 years of that comp, the only consistently elite athletic program in the country!! And, as I said, 2 for 2 winning the men's cap one cup. Surprised you don't follow that, ox. That's the gators' greatest greatness in sports, our all-around athletic program, which is tops, arguably. We win the SEC all-sports comp every year, too. The dominant/flagship athletic program in the sec. So when bama fans or anyone else tries to rub your nose in anything, just say our overrall program is far ahead of theirs. We have national team titles in 12 different sports. Only a handful of schools can say that.

Jeremy?

Can't be. Jeremy would have said "very, very" about 8 times in that post.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby Gatorlaw92 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:37 am

BAMA and UK HAVE TO SAY they don't care, because they have no chance of winning. That can't really say that, because then why do they field teams in baseball and almost all the same sports? They can't field teams in their athletic program and then say they don't count!!! LOL!! Sure, some sports are more prestigious, and the capital one cup takes that into account, but they ALL COUNT, or they wouldn't field the teams. Not sure what the point is about finding money in the street. The point is that this comp is further evidence, of UF's greatness, along with the fact that we are the only school in the country with multiple national titles in both football and men's hoop, the two majors, and the other stats I have listed previously.
Last edited by Gatorlaw92 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gatorlaw92
Senior Gator

Postby jand3k » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 am

Jabberdave wrote:
oxrageous wrote:
Jabberdave wrote:

It's a cool award for the overall best performing athletic program. So it's cool if UF wins it, but I'm not buying a Capital One Cup championship shirt.

If you change your mind, let me know, I've got 10 XLs in a T, and only 6 tanks left. All are in gray. :cool:
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 am

Cap One Cup means nothing
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby jjGator68 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Capital one is a great honor!!!!!!!!!
jjGator68
Redshirt Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:56 pm

No it isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorBart » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Gatorlaw92 wrote:Even though we had as many losses, but defeated FSU, Texas a&m, and s. carolina head-to-head, we were ranked below each of them. Really punished us for sugar bowl stinker. It should've been obvious to voters we didn't have the intensity we would otherwise have had if we still had a shot at the title, and looked at the overrall body of work. Head to head is, of course, the most direct test between two tied teams, tiebreaker, but they did not employ it here in these three cases. Oh well, at least the gators shouldn't be complacent in the off-season. Sugar bowl loss really hurt us in potential points for capital one cup standings, also. We would've had possibly 30 points with sugar win finishing second or third, but now only end up with 3. That is a huge difference in the capital one cup competition, where the winner will only usually total about 90-100 pts.

I kind of agree with this. Funny to see A&M and FSU ahead of us since we beat them on their own field. But if we use your logic, then Louisville should be upset that they are not ahead of us in the polls, since they made us look like chumps in the Sugar Bowl and we have the same final record.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby SC Gator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Does it matter? I mean, didn't you Daddy tell you if you ain't first, you're last?
In all kinds of weather.
SC Gator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum