Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -THE DUDE-, arkygator, BMOC, Gator Fever, GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, soflagator and 60 guests

Meyer Picked Notre Dame

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Meyer Picked Notre Dame

Postby bellce0 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:32 am

I'm curious how Gator fans viewed Urban Meyer's pick of Notre Dame over Alabama. Did he pick Notre Dame because he believed they would win the game? Or like most everything he does (and has done), he chose them to make a statement or further his own cause?
bellce0
Baby Gator

Re: Meyer Picked Notre Dame

Postby MatthewM. » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:40 am

How could he pick against one of his 19 dream jobs? Wasn't surprised.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Gulfstream » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:42 am

Let. Him. Go.
Hey, you want something done right, don't ask me.
Gulfstream
All-American Gator

Postby TommyGator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:08 am

Hey! Give the man a break! He has physical problems!

His throat twitches and begins to seize whenever he thinks of Sabama.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby phideltgator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 am

Deep in his Esophagus, Urbs knew the tide would win. Don't kid yourselves.
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby ncargat1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:23 am

Urban Heart Attack, Brent Musberger, Kirk Herbstreit, all of them not only picked but were openly rooting for Notre Dame. ESPN is really, really ruining college football and the experience of watching a good old fashioned SEC azz-whooping.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:38 am

Muschugger and Herbie were sure slobbering all over ND and how they were battling and could still turn it around.

They finally gave in. The Tide was rolling and there was nothing ND could do, but hope for the clock to run and get out of town.

They even finished saying how much was returning to ND next year and they'll be right back in the mix with Kelly. Trouble is, BAMA is deeeeeeeep and talented.

Urban was having shortness of breath trying to say something intelligent as to how to stop BAMA, so be it. OSU would have looked the same vs BAMA last night.
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:51 am

Urban Meyer knew damn well that Alabama was better than Notre Dame, but he wanted Notre Dame to win. Urban is not an SEC guy. Will Muschamp would have picked Alabama.

Urban is also jealous of Saban. He wanted Saban to lose. A Notre Dame victory would have made Urban feel better.

Alabama opened the season with a 41-14 win over Michigan. They finished the season with an almost identical score against Notre Dame.

Michigan = Notre Dame = Ohio State

Now Urban Meyer knows in his heart that all three of his dream teams suck.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:11 am

Urban must have been in an alternative universe. Now Notra Lame looked better on O that I though they would and Bama made a couple of mistakes that I was disapointed in. Should have been even more scoring by Bama.

Notra Lame is my most disliked team and fans ever since we lost to them many years ago in the Sugar Bowl. Their arrogant fans turned me off forever.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby Homer J » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:28 am

Okeechobee Joe wrote:Urban Meyer knew damn well that Alabama was better than Notre Dame, but he wanted Notre Dame to win. Urban is not an SEC guy. Will Muschamp would have picked Alabama.

Urban is also jealous of Saban. He wanted Saban to lose. A Notre Dame victory would have made Urban feel better.Alabama opened the season with a 41-14 win over Michigan. They finished the season with an almost identical score against Notre Dame.

This
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby Class of '78 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:29 am

Okeechobee Joe wrote:Urban Meyer knew damn well that Alabama was better than Notre Dame, but he wanted Notre Dame to win. Urban is not an SEC guy. Will Muschamp would have picked Alabama.

Urban is also jealous of Saban. He wanted Saban to lose. A Notre Dame victory would have made Urban feel better.

Alabama opened the season with a 41-14 win over Michigan. They finished the season with an almost identical score against Notre Dame.

Just as Meyer's star rose in college football, Saban came in and stole away the thunder. He'll never admit it because he's got too much of an ego, but it really has to get in his craw that it happened that way.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby IDGAC » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:34 am

Who cares?
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby jmskjrgator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:42 am

If you could look deep into Urban's soul you would see he
was glad they were on probation and not playing Bama.
Saban created his mental problems. He also knows the
NCG is rewarded for beating the best in the SEC and that
is one hard task.

Look for his health problems to return when he meets
Saban or WM again.
jmskjrgator
All-American Gator

Postby gatordad » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:57 am

gag...playing the SEC in January should be tougher than it was this year. UF needs to re-raise the bar for excellence!
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:01 am

had Posu taken their bowl penalty last year like they should have ol Urbs would be in the hospital again this morning...i think just seeing Saban gives him esophageal spasms
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby No1GatorFreak » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:23 am

After the game Fowler asked Urban something about wouldn't he like a crack at Alabama with his undefeated Buckeyes? Urban said, "sure I would like a crack at them. But, that's it. I'll leave it at that." All the while he had a look and smirk on his face that smelled of "man we can't beat these guys with the team I've got." He even said he would like to see them play Oregon.
No1GatorFreak
Baby Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:25 am

OSU would likely lose worse than ND did. Their defense is worse and offense just as bad.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby jagator0 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:33 am

I can't wait to see the bucknuts in a bowl against the SEC. That will be a major beatdown. Urbs can't hide behind probation next year. That SECCG is going to be the death of him at some point. Had we won that game he could've been Nick Saban.
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Postby bobinstarke » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:09 am

ReelGatorDoc wrote:Muschugger and Herbie were sure slobbering all over ND and how they were battling and could still turn it around.

They finally gave in. The Tide was rolling and there was nothing ND could do, but hope for the clock to run and get out of town.

They even finished saying how much was returning to ND next year and they'll be right back in the mix with Kelly. Trouble is, BAMA is deeeeeeeep and talented.

Urban was having shortness of breath trying to say something intelligent as to how to stop BAMA, so be it. OSU would have looked the same vs BAMA last night.

And you would have thought Manti Teo (Who became te-who in this game) was the second coming. Not a heisman performance, he looked below average against the bama Oline.
bobinstarke
Baby Gator

Postby Vatgator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 am

Saban's ass whooping of Meyer turned hm into a b1g twt
Vatgator
True Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum