Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], MrSwampy, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, Yahoo [Bot] and 25 guests

Hard to believe the sec has won 7 NCs in a row

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Hard to believe the sec has won 7 NCs in a row

Postby UFGATORFAN » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:28 am

Alabama officially is a dynasty but its pretty cool the streak we started 7 years ago is still alive.

And Alabama, Florida, a&m, and Georgia will all start the season top 10 poised to defend that title
UFGATORFAN
True Gator

Re: hard to believe the sec has won 7 NCs in a row

Postby UFGATORFAN » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:31 am

Also, in that streak we have wrecked the big 10 twice, the big 12 twice, the pac 12, an independant, and even had to cannibalize one of our own. The poor ACC hahaha
UFGATORFAN
True Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:33 am

SC could be in the top ten as well.

The non-SEC teams in the top ten will be pOSU, ND, UL, Oregon, and Stanford, unless some bunghole votes in FSU since they are back.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby the-color-blue » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:37 am

you might hear some clemson in the top ten as well but all acc teams are just getting funny to laugh at... chatting with a friend earlier:
Him: we are talking about the national title game leave fsu out of this.
me(almost feeling bad cause it is so easy): don't worry they have been left out of it for sometime hehehe
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby SwampedGator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:39 am

Ole Miss wins it all next year.

Totally kidding, but they seriously would have beat ND.
SwampedGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Coach9 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:39 am

Most years in that string, the SEC had multiple teams that could have beat the opponent that the rest of the country put up for slaughter.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby scooby321 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:41 am

Ube looked sick and I am sure all the love for Saban as the best coach today. Notre Dame is who we thought they were a fraud who played nobody. USC got killed by GT. I think ND would have finished in the lower standings in the SEC
scooby321
Heisman Gator

Postby the-color-blue » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:43 am

oregon should always be the team we play at least it would be fun.... unless it's auburn or uga i would rather the streak end
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:10 am

What does Lou Holtz have to say on the subject?
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Postby the-color-blue » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:14 am

he looks like a dog that did something wrong
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby tillsb » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:51 pm

I think the aggies win it all next year.
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby Scott512 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Alabama winning 3 of these 7 titles kind of taints this great SEC run for me. Why? Because as long as Saban is there the Gators will not win big. I hope Muschamp has the midas touch because that's what it will take to win the SEC let aone the BCS or alleged national championship.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Re: Hard to believe the sec has won 7 NCs in a row

Postby willgetin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:07 pm

UFGATORFAN wrote:Hard to believe the sec has won 7 NCs in a row

No its not. The SEC is just that good. With the dominance shown by the SEC during this one, I don't see how anyone can say that it is hard to believe...

And to add, people, get off the "nobody's gonna beat Saban" bandwagon. Seriously.
Alv: We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
Alv: You do realize your signature bums me out more than any other Jort rabble on the GSMB...Any chance you would...remove it?
willgetin
Heisman Gator

Postby jand3k » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:25 pm

willgetin wrote:
UFGATORFAN wrote:Hard to believe the sec has won 7 NCs in a row

No its not. The SEC is just that good. With the dominance shown by the SEC during this one, I don't see how anyone can say that it is hard to believe...

And to add, people, get off the "nobody's gonna beat Saban" bandwagon. Seriously.

I approve this message in its entirety!!
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gatorlaw92 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:12 pm

I said before the game on a previous post that notre lame would be about the seventh best team in the sec. I have no reason to change that view, except that I compared nd to vandy, but vandy would prob beat them too.

I should point out that UF is still amongst the best, if not the best, overrall athletic program in the country. Sure, bama is great in football, but has never done anything in hoop or baseball, for example.
Gatorlaw92
Senior Gator

Postby gatorpe » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:02 pm

Gatorlaw92 wrote:I said before the game on a previous post that notre lame would be about the seventh best team in the sec. I have no reason to change that view, except that I compared nd to vandy, but vandy would prob beat them too.

I should point out that UF is still amongst the best, if not the best, overrall athletic program in the country. Sure, bama is great in football, but has never done anything in hoop or baseball, for example.

Good point. Would anyone here trade those back to back BB titles (and all that fun and talent) for two more football titles?
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
gatorpe
Heisman Gator

Postby WashingtonDCGator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:14 pm

We are standing on top on the college football world, ladies and gentlemen. And the view from up here is pretty dang good! SEC!
Last edited by WashingtonDCGator on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WashingtonDCGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Homer J » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:15 pm

I was listening to "The Game", the sports radio show here in Atlanta and Cordell Stewart was talking about Ohio State giving Bama a better game than ND. He has been on this kick since the end of the season and said that Urbs knows how to coach against the SEC. This guy is a tool. I tried calling in but got home before I got on the radio.

I can guarantee that Ohio State is going to be a preseason #1 and be there all season long as they play their high school opponents - until they get abused in the bowl game.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:17 pm

gatorpe wrote:Good point. Would anyone here trade those back to back BB titles (and all that fun and talent) for two more football titles?

In a millisecond.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby MJMGator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:19 pm

law98gator wrote:
gatorpe wrote:Good point. Would anyone here trade those back to back BB titles (and all that fun and talent) for two more football titles?

In a millisecond.

Not me. I enjoyed watching those magical runs in hoops as much as any football season I can ever recall...dating back to the 70's.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum