Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackLabGator, MSNbot Media, rogdochar and 17 guests

4 penalties and no posturing

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

4 penalties and no posturing

Postby dangerous dave » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:16 am

alabama had 4 penalties for 40 yards and i did not see anyone doing any posturing. quite refreshing
dangerous dave
Baby Gator

Re: 4 penalties and no posturing

Postby whtstrp58 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:53 am

Agreed.
Make a play, get back to huddle and move on.

Muschamp would do well to strive for this attitude.
Gatorhater Hater since 1980
whtstrp58
Freshman Gator

Postby ncargat1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:25 am

whtstrp58 wrote:Agreed.
Make a play, get back to huddle and move on.

Muschamp would do well to strive for this attitude.

Once he is in position to have talent behind talent and the threat of benching and suspensions for inappropriate conduct will carry more weight and not hurt the whole team.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:28 am

It was very noticable that there was minimal celebration and BAMA had plenty to celebrate.

Also they maintained their intensity throughout the game ... impressive display of talent, coaching and execution.

the bar is high and we'll have to go thru it to move on. so be it

congrats to their program and the SEC
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby The RH Factor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 am

I think I saw someone on their offensive line get called for holding, which is a rarity.

However, the officiating was done by a PAC-10 crew, so I can understand.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8RNGA » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 am

That was a disciplined team and it showed. WM has a goal to do the same at UF, but it will take both time and leadership from players. That was not all coaches. The strong tone is established there. We need players who emerge as leaders and hold their teammates accountable when coaches aren't around and also when they are.
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:12 am

G8RNGA wrote:That was a disciplined team and it showed. WM has a goal to do the same at UF, but it will take both time and leadership from players. That was not all coaches. The strong tone is established there. We need players who emerge as leaders and hold their teammates accountable when coaches aren't around and also when they are.

Insightful post. You have to get the right kind of players. I am not talking about talented players. I am talking about coachable players. Mike Gillislee type players. Yes sir, no sir type guys who do their jobs.

Another thing you will notice about Bama. They don't do the big dramatic play where they knock someone's head off. They play their position, carry out their assignment, do their job, and just make the play. Some players like to make the big hit which draws a lot of attention from the crowd and then take the next play off. Not Bama.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby IDGAC » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:24 am

The RH Factor wrote:I think I saw someone on their offensive line get called for holding, which is a rarity.

However, the officiating was done by a PAC-10 crew, so I can understand.

Yes, the PAC-10 officials didn't get the memo that you are to never, ever, ever call Bama offensive linemen for holding. Even though it happens all. the. time.
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby gatordad » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:53 am

Nothing to do with the posing and posturing that UF demonstrated last week. That's the point...
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby jand3k » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:11 am

There is a lot of "right" in this thread.

UF could do well to emulate the power and control displayed last night.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby g8trs99 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:42 am

I'm sure Saban had his boys on their best behavior for the spotlight game. You all act like they are choir boys. Anyone remember the 'Bama DT that suplexed the Mizzou RB and nearly broke his neck? He stayed in the game. Saban did nothing. Then acted like a thug afterward.
Last edited by g8trs99 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
g8trs99
True Gator

Postby ltraz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:11 am

So when they looked flat and eventually lost b/c of a stupid penalty vs TAMU and we came out with fire and dominated the 2nd half...I wonder if Bama boards were posting about how they'd like to be more like UF and be able to beat teams that may be more talented.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am

Since when has Saban allowed a lot of that crap on the field? He doesn't put up with it.
oxrageous

Postby gatordad » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:18 am

My point exactly...it looks like a team of men that know how to behave. And as for "the big stage" reference above...not much bigger than the Sugar Bowl is there? Boorish at best. Clean it up.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby rtygators1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:25 am

After watching the game last night all I have to say is WOW! As much as I do not like Alabama - especially their fans - I have much respect for Saban and what he has been able to do as a coach. The way the team represented themselves was impressive to say the least - not that ND was that big of an opponent. But to compare what the Gators did in their bowl game - coaching and executing - to ALabama really shows how much more improvment our team really needs. Our team did finish better than I expected going into this year, but I never jumped on the bandwagon when our team kept pulling out victories. Don't get me wrong I was happy by the wins but even in the wins it was painfully obvious just how much improvment was needed.
As far as I am concerned the verdict is still out on Muschamp - yes he did get an 11-2 record this year but the lack of discipline on the field has been absolutley ridiculous the last few years. I expect to see a major improvement next year if Muschamp is a good coach. If these problems are not corrected in a major way it will show what kind of coach Muschamp really is. Right now I am giving the benefit of the doubt considering the reports of the attitudes and players that were on the team and the mentality of the players developed the last few years of Meyers control - or lack thereof. But the other issue that really has me still concerned with Muschamp is his admitted lack of offensive prowess but yet he still micro manages the OC and directs the plays. A good HC knows his weeknesses and finds qualified coordinators to manage those aspects that the HC is weak at. Muschamp should direct the game plan but Let Pease run the offense.
rtygators1
Baby Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:26 am

Screw Satan
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby jand3k » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:31 am

ltraz wrote:So when they looked flat and eventually lost b/c of a stupid penalty vs TAMU and we came out with fire and dominated the 2nd half...I wonder if Bama boards were posting about how they'd like to be more like UF and be able to beat teams that may be more talented.

I'm sure you're being sarcastic but you are actually closer to the truth than you might think.

I do believe that UF's performance and behavior in the Sugar bowl was used as motivation and a teaching tool for Alabama's coaching staff as to what could happen and possibly how not to be.

Sorta like how Michigan was upset by Appy St and how that leason was preached in all locker rooms across the country.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:35 am

WobbleGator wrote:Screw Satan

That is not what I typed. :angry:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby g8trs99 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:38 am

rtygators1 wrote:After watching the game last night all I have to say is WOW! As much as I do not like Alabama - especially their fans - I have much respect for Saban and what he has been able to do as a coach. The way the team represented themselves was impressive to say the least - not that ND was that big of an opponent. But to compare what the Gators did in their bowl game - coaching and executing - to ALabama really shows how much more improvment our team really needs. Our team did finish better than I expected going into this year, but I never jumped on the bandwagon when our team kept pulling out victories. Don't get me wrong I was happy by the wins but even in the wins it was painfully obvious just how much improvment was needed.
As far as I am concerned the verdict is still out on Muschamp - yes he did get an 11-2 record this year but the lack of discipline on the field has been absolutley ridiculous the last few years. I expect to see a major improvement next year if Muschamp is a good coach. If these problems are not corrected in a major way it will show what kind of coach Muschamp really is. Right now I am giving the benefit of the doubt considering the reports of the attitudes and players that were on the team and the mentality of the players developed the last few years of Meyers control - or lack thereof. But the other issue that really has me still concerned with Muschamp is his admitted lack of offensive prowess but yet he still micro manages the OC and directs the plays. A good HC knows his weeknesses and finds qualified coordinators to manage those aspects that the HC is weak at. Muschamp should direct the game plan but Let Pease run the offense.

Do everyone a favor and stay off the bandwagon. I hear there are some openings on FSU's bandwagon for "fair-weather" fans like you. I think they are supposed to be back yet again. Or maybe you and Saban can get a picture together at the local 'Bama Wal-mart.

BTW, a good poster knows his weaknesses.
g8trs99
True Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 am

g8trs99 wrote:I'm sure Saban had his boys on their best behavior for the spotlight game. You all act like they are choir boys. Anyone remember the 'Bama DT that suplexed the Mizzou RB and nearly broke his neck? He stayed in the game. Saban did nothing. The acted like a thug afterward.

He sent two players home and asked anybody else want a ride back to t-town with these two asshats raise your hand. I think that caught the rest of the teams attention.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum