Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests

Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby No1GatorFreak » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:13 pm

I think that was his name and when he was supposedly on to something in recruiting he would give us the "shades" emoticon. :cool:

Is he still around or what? Just curious
No1GatorFreak
Baby Gator
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby 2dumb2fold » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:20 pm

I remember him. The glasses were usually right....good poster
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday, for a kansas
cheeseburger today.
User avatar
2dumb2fold
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby Ancient Reptile » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Yep; always followed his posts.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2397
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby No1GatorFreak » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:26 pm

He was the guy around here that's for sure. Everyone hung on his every word. Fun times.


Earl Everett :cool:
No1GatorFreak
Baby Gator
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby Gator98MD » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:27 pm

He was awesome, always loved when he would post. Predictions were usually right as well. Too bad he stopped posting. I wonder how some people can give up the GSMB? It's so addictive isn't it?
Image
User avatar
Gator98MD
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby Deuce Coupe » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:32 pm

If I remember it right, he moved away from Florida (lost his connections to the football team), then he was asked to run a recruiting forum on another board and just didn't have time for GSMB anymore.

This is what I was told several years ago.
You can't spell SUCK without Image
User avatar
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby gatorJ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Deuce Coupe wrote:If I remember it right, he moved away from Florida (lost his connections to the football team), then he was asked to run a recruiting forum on another board and just didn't have time for GSMB anymore.

This is what I was told several years ago.


Yeah, I think he moved to Texas...? He still posts every now and then.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
User avatar
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4468
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby NoGaGator » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:08 pm

I remember him moving to TX to take a new job - didn't think it had anything to do with recruiting.

I got the impression he was wired in to someone on Urb's staff and his info was usually pretty accurate. If so, that's probably not the case anymore. Hope he's doing well.
User avatar
NoGaGator
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby -THE DUDE- » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:11 pm

gatorJ wrote:
Deuce Coupe wrote:If I remember it right, he moved away from Florida (lost his connections to the football team), then he was asked to run a recruiting forum on another board and just didn't have time for GSMB anymore.

This is what I was told several years ago.


Yeah, I think he moved to Texas...? He still posts every now and then.

Yeah i heard Texas too...he still posts occasionally at one of the pay sites im a member at.
User avatar
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4455
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby No1GatorFreak » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:31 pm

I think he was even doing his recruiting gig during the Zook days if I remember correctly.

I also hope he is doing well and we don't one day have a Muncie (rip) type of surprise. GCC if you out there tell us where Demarcus Walker is going! HA
No1GatorFreak
Baby Gator
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby MatthewM. » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:34 pm

He was actually a she and she got pregnant a couple of years ago and had to move back home to Texas to live with her parents for financial support.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
User avatar
MatthewM.
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6990
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby Deuce Coupe » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:36 pm

MatthewM. wrote:He was actually a she and she got pregnant a couple of years ago and had to move back home to Texas to live with her parents for financial support.




No ****!!!

I would have never guessed that.
You can't spell SUCK without Image
User avatar
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby DeathRoll » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Remember him well. He was the recruiting guri of GSMB back in the day. Well before Urban came here. Always had real solid recruiting info but like anyone with guts to make a prediction about the intentions of an 18 yo he would occasionally be "wrong" because a kid changed his mind and there were always one or two folks ready to blast him about his "sources". However, he was nevr rersponsible for running off a recruit the way Zach did to Demarcus Walker :razz:

Sometimes I wondered why he even bothered, but most of us really enjoyed the info. I do recall he moved to Texas because of his job and even made a post that he wouldn't be privy to the inside information after his move. I think the gig with a "pay site" came up well after his move. If I'm not mistaken, he posted copuple of times on here back in the fall.
DeathRoll
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Wow, a wormyn with good info. Quality posts.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3839
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Shelby, NC

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby rogdochar » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:17 pm

MatthewM. wrote:He was actually a she and she got pregnant a couple of years ago and had to move back home to Texas to live with her parents for financial support.


Not to worry "Matfume" sends her monthly $-money as required.
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12734
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby The RH Factor » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Gator98MD wrote:He was awesome, always loved when he would post. Predictions were usually right as well. Too bad he stopped posting. I wonder how some people can give up the GSMB? It's so addictive isn't it?


I can understand how some people can give up the GSMB.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4179
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby Swamp Queen » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Gator98MD wrote: I wonder how some people can give up the GSMB? It's so addictive isn't it?


In other words....

Gator98MD wrote:Image
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.


DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
User avatar
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6068
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: anywhere but here

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby SC Gator » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:37 pm

-THE DUDE- wrote:
gatorJ wrote:
Deuce Coupe wrote:If I remember it right, he moved away from Florida (lost his connections to the football team), then he was asked to run a recruiting forum on another board and just didn't have time for GSMB anymore.

This is what I was told several years ago.


Yeah, I think he moved to Texas...? He still posts every now and then.

Yeah i heard Texas too...he still posts occasionally at one of the pay sites im a member at.



Wait..you actually pay to be able to hear the unwanted opinions of Gator fans everywhere?
In all kinds of weather.
User avatar
SC Gator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm
Location: Jew Town

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby gatordad » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:43 pm

He was great and well before UM. He was spot on unless some idiot changed his prepubescent mind at the last minute. My favorite recruiting poster...ever.

Loved his surprises late in January.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Anybody remember GulfCoastGator?

Postby Leroy Jenkins » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:36 am

He was 12?
Leroy Jenkins
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron