Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackLabGator, MSNbot Media, rogdochar and 17 guests

Kind of interesting

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Kind of interesting

Postby Ringer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:25 am

Listening to NFL Color Analyst extoll the virtues of the Spread Option attack and how much pressure it puts on defenses. Wasn't it these same fools who said it would never work in the NFL?

Maybe what they really meant to say was " It won't work with Tebow playing QB".

I can only hope that the success of Seattle, Washington and San Fran will translate into more demand for the versatile QB sitting the bench in NYC.

On a related note, someone in Washington needs to explain why RG111 was allowed to play without their team Doctors clearance... Read what the Doctor said....

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Re: Kind of interesting

Postby Ringer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:30 am

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Postby williston_gator » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:35 am

I've noticed that this year too. It's cool to hate Tebow and everyone wants to be cool. I also love how much pub these rooks got for being "nice Christian guys", good family values and such but with Tebow it was detrimental.
Last edited by williston_gator on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby jand3k » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:39 am

Ringer wrote:Listening to NFL Color Analyst extoll the virtues of the Spread Option attack and how much pressure it puts on defenses. Wasn't it these same fools who said it would never work in the NFL?

Maybe what they really meant to say was " It won't work with Tebow playing QB".

I can only hope that the success of Seattle, Washington and San Fran will translate into more demand for the versatile QB sitting the bench in NYC.

On a related note, someone in Washington needs to explain why RG111 was allowed to play without their team Doctors clearance... Read what the Doctor said....

Couldn't agree more and I've been saying/wondering the same damn thing all year. :madevil:
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby DaddyGator » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:52 am

williston_gator wrote:I've noticed that this year too. It's cool to hate Tebow and everyone wants to be cool. I also love how much pub these rooks got for being "nice Christian guys", good family values and such but with Tebow it was detrimental.

Nor have I heard anyone ragging on Ray Lewis for his faith-based comments on his retirement yesterday.
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby williston_gator » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:56 am

DaddyGator wrote:
williston_gator wrote:I've noticed that this year too. It's cool to hate Tebow and everyone wants to be cool. I also love how much pub these rooks got for being "nice Christian guys", good family values and such but with Tebow it was detrimental.

Nor have I heard anyone ragging on Ray Lewis for his faith-based comments on his retirement yesterday.

He's still got that "may have murdered someone" vibe which is "cool".
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby WestSideGata » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:08 am

I thought it would be interesting had Chip Kelly accepted a job for him to run a version of the offense. Guess he won't get that shot now.
WestSideGata
True Gator

Postby Double Gator Dad » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:25 am

I agree with everyone on this.

I find it fascinating that the talking head haters aren't even smart enough to realize that they are contradicting themselves and thus exposing their real feelings.

At the end of the day, it appears that Tim's opportunity is limited to the Jaguars willingness to embrace the spread option and ditch Gabbert. I am not real confident in that happening since Chaka Kahn is halfway to Los Angeles by now.
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby WestSideGata » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:29 am

As an aside, in my expert opinion (and by that I mean I am an expert at nothing) Hoge is a ******!
WestSideGata
True Gator

Postby gatordad » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:29 am

+1
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum