Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clawhammergator, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 44 guests

UGA's QB Murray to return

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby SavannahGator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Aaron Murray will return to UGA for his last year. I don't know if this is something to be "scared of", as he really hasn't done that well against us. If any one player on their team hurt us the past two years, it was Jarvis Jones, and he is gone.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8819392/georgia-bulldogs-aaron-murray-return-senior-season
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
User avatar
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby Homer J » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:37 pm

They have 10 of 11 starters coming back on offense but lose 9 starters on D.
Image
User avatar
Homer J
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4801
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm
Location: Flowery Branch, GA

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby SavannahGator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:40 pm

Homer J wrote:They have 10 of 11 starters coming back on offense but lose 9 starters on D.


Clearly what is going to seem like a schizophrenic team.

In the last three seasons (including our OT win over them in 2010), he has done what he does best - throw at least one pass, and often two (maybe 3?), per game, directly at one of our players. I don't see anything changing in his senior year.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
User avatar
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby TommyGator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:00 pm

I think this is very positive news for GATORS!

He is an average QB. And a turnover machine.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
User avatar
TommyGator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1834
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby Maillot Jaune » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:05 pm

TommyGator wrote:I think this is very positive news for GATORS!

He is an average QB. And a turnover machine.



He has certainly not played well against us. Stop their run and I like our chances.
User avatar
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby rogdochar » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Judging from our posts, Murray must be doing this against their
coaches' wishes.? :?
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12748
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby Gouryella » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Average? Come on....
User avatar
Gouryella
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:01 am

After winning at Clemson in week one, Clowney clobbers him between the hedges in week two.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3845
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Shelby, NC

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby TN G8tr » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:55 am

Murray is a good QB but we play many great QB's. I see nothing to be scared of here. Last year's playmaker was Jarvis Jones and they lose I think 10 of 11 on defense. Richt is in for a rude awakening.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
User avatar
TN G8tr
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6355
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby scmike » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:37 am

I do not give a rats a$$ who UGA has next year, but we better beat them or WM can go. No excuse to lose 3 years in a row to them. I remember the past when they dominated us, and I do not want a repeat. Muschamp has shown us nothing in the past 2 UGA Games. Also, I disagree with those who say Murray is not a positive aspect for the Dawgs because he is a leader who has kept his team focused even after bad losses. He will be a factor next year.
As for Clowney, we shall see. He is running his mouth as are all of the South Carolina newspapers about him. He has a bulls eye on his chest. Our mediocre line did a good job on him this past season, and UGA will have a veteran line next year.
Go Gators; Beat the Dawgs!
scmike
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:10 am

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby jagator0 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:58 am

If you put heat on him, he will throw the ball to you.
jagator0
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby Travis McGee » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:24 am

Translation:

"The NFL didn't rate me very highly and so I'm forced to come back to Georgia for my senior year."
Travis McGee
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby Swampsoup » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 am

With those two running backs and that offensive line this is not great news.
"They hate because we are great" " We are great because we are Gators!"
User avatar
Swampsoup
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby tillsb » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:42 am

Means nothing if we cannot generate an offense next year. Hopefully there is some progress between now and next season.
User avatar
tillsb
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby oxrageous » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:59 am

I was curious, so I looked up Murray's stats against UF.

2010: 18-37, 313 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT
2011: 15-34, 169 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
2012: 12-24, 150 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT

TOTAL: 45-95 (47%), 632 yards, 6 TD, 7 INT

The numbers are even worse than I thought. 47% completions and 7 picks? Ouch. Yet they won 2 of 3.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13712
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby Ringer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:11 am

oxrageous wrote:I was curious, so I looked up Murray's stats against UF.

2010: 18-37, 313 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT
2011: 15-34, 169 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
2012: 12-24, 150 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT

TOTAL: 45-95 (47%), 632 yards, 6 TD, 7 INT

The numbers are even worse than I thought. 47% completions and 7 picks? Ouch. Yet they won 2 of 3.



Murray is a good QB but he reminds me of John Brantley for some reason. He's got the interception thing down pat now he just needs to work on his fall down in the fetal position move.
Image

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
User avatar
Ringer
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2671
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby Alvin York » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 am

SavannahGator wrote:Aaron Murray will return to UGA for his last year. I don't know if this is something to be "scared of", as he really hasn't done that well against us. If any one player on their team hurt us the past two years, it was Jarvis Jones, and he is gone.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8819392/georgia-bulldogs-aaron-murray-return-senior-season


How Manning/Tebow like. The Dude could easily jump to the NFL with a lucrative contract but decided to hang one more year to go a 'NC huntin'.

Dawgs are barking, they want it all next year.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Image
User avatar
Alvin York
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby oxrageous » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 am

Alvin York wrote:The Dude could easily jump to the NFL with a lucrative contract but decided to hang one more year to go a 'NC huntin'.

Based on what? I haven't seen a single report that projects him as a high draft pick. Sounds like you're speaking out of your backside again.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13712
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby GatorJB » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:58 am

Alvin York wrote:
SavannahGator wrote:Aaron Murray will return to UGA for his last year. I don't know if this is something to be "scared of", as he really hasn't done that well against us. If any one player on their team hurt us the past two years, it was Jarvis Jones, and he is gone.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8819392/georgia-bulldogs-aaron-murray-return-senior-season


How Manning/Tebow like. The Dude could easily jump to the NFL with a lucrative contract but decided to hang one more year to go a 'NC huntin'.

Dawgs are barking, they want it all next year.


He admitted on ESPN a few days ago that he was projected to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. It was smart for him to stay; however, I'm certainly not going to be nervous when UGA plays UF next season. That offense has stunk against UF, and the fact that they lose 9 defensive starters makes me feel pretty good about next season.
GatorJB
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:47 am

Re: UGA's QB Murray to return

Postby Alvin York » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:29 am

oxrageous wrote:
Alvin York wrote:The Dude could easily jump to the NFL with a lucrative contract but decided to hang one more year to go a 'NC huntin'.

Based on what? I haven't seen a single report that projects him as a high draft pick. Sounds like you're speaking out of your backside again.


Of course I"m only speaking for myself but the contract of a 2nd or 3rd round NFL draft pick is a lucrative proposition. How many college seniors would forego their senior year to become an instant millionaire?
Still Our Royal Family!!

Image
User avatar
Alvin York
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron