Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BernardodelaPaz, Gator1man, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jabberdave, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 42 guests

Weiner Leaves Tampa Plant Joins USF As WR Coach

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Weiner Leaves Tampa Plant Joins USF As WR Coach

Postby gatorhar » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Georgia craps their pants.
gatorhar
Heisman Gator

Re: Weiner Leaves Tampa Plant Joins USF As WR Coach

Postby NVGator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Maybe a link? :dunno:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Dugaboy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:34 pm

Who is Weiny?
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Postby Coach9 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:41 pm

Now maybe we can get some kids out of Plant now that di<k is gone.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby Ringer » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Coach9 wrote:Now maybe we can get some kids out of Plant now that di<k is gone.

I endorse this post!

Weiner had a axe to grind against UF... He never had anything good to say about the Gators.

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator_Machine » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Ringer wrote:
Coach9 wrote:Now maybe we can get some kids out of Plant now that di<k is gone.

I endorse this post!

Weiner had a axe to grind against UF... He never had anything good to say about the Gators.

Florida lost a couple of good players in Aaron Murray & others.
But will this coach be a thorn in UF's side if he has success at USF?
Weiner may be good at player development (judging from his High School results), you just never know!

On the other hand, this move by USF is like Florida hiring Kerwin Bell from the HS level! So..
Gator_Machine
Freshman Gator

Postby Gatorjim » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:26 am

He should help USF in recruiting, after all he recruited all of those players to play at Plant.
Gatorjim
Freshman Gator

Postby Ringer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:28 am

Gatorjim wrote:He should help USF in recruiting, after all he recruited all of those players to play at Plant.

+1

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Postby Double Gator Dad » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 am

Gatorjim wrote:He should help USF in recruiting, after all he recruited all of those players to play at Plant.

This is the key point everyone needs to understand. The coaching staff at Plant has not been so successful due to their ability to develop players. They secure a lot of the best talent in the bay area every year by using Plant's academic status to skirt the state's transfer rules.

Plant is an IB school with superior academics and this results in many students transferring each year to capitalize on the academic opportunity. There is a waiting list each year full of deserving students but magically, the atheletes seem to move to the top of list each year.

We all know that all these high school players are capable of and focused on superior academics versus playing for a high profile program. yeah right.

Traditionally, Plant has been a feeder school for UF but again magically, we cannot get a single player from that school during Weiner's tenure. Looks like UGA better get another check ready for the new coach at Plant.
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby willgetin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 pm

Weiner, weiner, chicken deiner...
Alv: We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
Alv: You do realize your signature bums me out more than any other Jort rabble on the GSMB...Any chance you would...remove it?
willgetin
Heisman Gator

Postby Gatorjim » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Double Gator Dad wrote:

This is the key point everyone needs to understand. The coaching staff at Plant has not been so successful due to their ability to develop players. They secure a lot of the best talent in the bay area every year by using Plant's academic status to skirt the state's transfer rules.

Plant is an IB school with superior academics and this results in many students transferring each year to capitalize on the academic opportunity. There is a waiting list each year full of deserving students but magically, the atheletes seem to move to the top of list each year.

We all know that all these high school players are capable of and focused on superior academics versus playing for a high profile program. yeah right.

Traditionally, Plant has been a feeder school for UF but again magically, we cannot get a single player from that school during Weiner's tenure. Looks like UGA better get another check ready for the new coach at Plant.

I'd like to add two points to this. First, my wife has been teaching in Hillsborough County for over 25 years and is perhaps the English teacher with the most tenure in the county (and a UF grad). She has told me many times that Plant gets high marks for academics because they successfully exclude those students from taking tests (like FCAT) that would bring their average scores down. They do draw students from a high income area, so their scores should be pretty good no matter what. But they choose to skew them and have been good at it. The lower achieving students eventually take the tests, but too late to include the scores in the evaluation of the school.

Second, I have a friend who was a football coach from a rival high school. He pulled out Plant's roster one night and went over where every kid lives, and none were in the Plant district. Earl Garcia at Hillsborough wrote the book on recruiting, but got caught and has kept his nose clean for a long time. Wiener has just perfected it.
Gatorjim
Freshman Gator

Postby Mr2Bits » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Gatorjim wrote:
Second, I have a friend who was a football coach from a rival high school. He pulled out Plant's roster one night and went over where every kid lives, and none were in the Plant district. Earl Garcia at Hillsborough wrote the book on recruiting, but got caught and has kept his nose clean for a long time. Wiener has just perfected it.

Wasn't there a news report on how the majority of their top players lived at empty lot with mailboxes on them?
Why drive when you can fly!
Mr2Bits
Heisman Gator

Postby Double Gator Dad » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:09 pm

Gatorjim wrote:
Double Gator Dad wrote:

I'd like to add two points to this. First, my wife has been teaching in Hillsborough County for over 25 years and is perhaps the English teacher with the most tenure in the county (and a UF grad). She has told me many times that Plant gets high marks for academics because they successfully exclude those students from taking tests (like FCAT) that would bring their average scores down. They do draw students from a high income area, so their scores should be pretty good no matter what. But they choose to skew them and have been good at it. The lower achieving students eventually take the tests, but too late to include the scores in the evaluation of the school.

Gatorjim,
Both of mine went to Bloomingdale and they were amazed at the fact that when Bloomingdale had a good athlete (every once in a while if you know Bloomingdale) the kid would amazingly get into Plant while students with the academics would wait a couple of years.
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby scooby321 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:30 pm

As a Plant Alum I am glad he is gone. Plant Alums by far are gator Alums or fans.
scooby321
Heisman Gator

Postby Double Gator Dad » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 pm

scooby321 wrote:As a Plant Alum I am glad he is gone. Plant Alums by far are gator Alums or fans.

Do you have any insight?

That is, was the guy being "supported" by UGA or just a Gator hater?
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby law98gator » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 pm

Remind me who we missed out on from Plant? Robert Marve? Lil Murray, Mr. Int?

Orson Charles is the only guy I would have wanted. Am I forgetting someone?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby BMF » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:06 pm

law98gator wrote:Remind me who we missed out on from Plant? Robert Marve? Lil Murray, Mr. Int?

Orson Charles is the only guy I would have wanted. Am I forgetting someone?

Agree. Murray wouldn't have fit into Meyers system....but then again, neither did Brantley and Meyer recruited him.

Timmy Tebow didn't live in Nease's district either, btw. They used his aunts address in St. John's County.
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby Deuce Coupe » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:31 am

The Dick changed his mind and went back to Plant. He's a drama queen who just needed some attention.

He says it's all for the boys...... yea, right.... :rolleyes:
You can't spell SUCK without Image
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Postby ncargat1 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:36 am

Who really cares? Looks like we just went 11-2 without any contributions from Tamp Plant. I think our program will survive.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum