Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ATXGator, Durty South Swamp, Google Adsense [Bot], Jabberdave, Sasquatch Gator, Swamp Queen and 46 guests

Coaches Told Brissett the Position was Driskel's

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Coaches Told Brissett the Position was Driskel's

Postby Gaturprincess » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Coaches told him it would no longer be a competition at the QB position. He made a decision at that point I guess. He wants to play.
Gaturprincess
Freshman Gator

Re: Coaches Told Brissett the Position was Driskel's

Postby law98gator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:40 pm

I think everyone assumed that.

I can't think of a player being rewarded like that for being the worst QB in the conference.
Last edited by law98gator on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby NVGator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:41 pm

I don't believe anything you have to say, princess. You're such a Brissett homer, it's pathetic.

Everyone knows Brissett was a Weis guy and Driskel was/is a Meyer guy.

Can't wait to see who Muschamp brings in to be his guy.

:lol:
Last edited by NVGator on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Gaturprincess wrote:Coaches told him it would no longer be a competition at the QB position. He made a decision at that point I guess. He wants to play.

In a way even though I think Brissett was the better choice probably I think Muschamp did the right thing if they are hell bent on starting Driskel. There would have been players taking sides etc if they pulled this stuff again next year.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby NoVa Gator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:43 pm

I could have told him that too and I am not a coach. LOL.
NoVa Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorJ » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Princess has been getting slammed for some reason about Brissett. I for one appreciate all of the insider recruiting that she has brought us.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby Ancient Reptile » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:46 pm

gatorJ wrote:Princess has been getting slammed for some reason about Brissett. I for one appreciate all of the insider recruiting that she has brought us.

+1

Did she ever get the apology Matt owed her?
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:48 pm

gatorJ wrote:Princess has been getting slammed for some reason about Brissett. I for one appreciate all of the insider recruiting that she has brought us.

She got slammed cause she reported Brissett was the known starter to all the players and coaches prior to the first game. She was hell bent on Brissett being the starter and wagered her credibility on it.

I, for one, appreciated her thoughts but I don't think MathewM did very much. :lol:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:49 pm

probably because her inside info was crap. "brissett is winning and it's not even close" :lol: what's really amusing is that line is still being used like it came from the coaches when it was just from her. People probably would give her at least a little more credit if she didn't disappear right after Driskel was named starter. :lol:
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorJ » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:00 pm

-THE DUDE- wrote:

probably because her inside info was crap. "brissett is winning and it's not even close" :lol: what's really amusing is that line is still being used like it came from the coaches when it was just from her. People probably would give her at least a little more credit if she didn't disappear right after Driskel was named starter. :lol:

Fair enough. I'm just a fan of information. I'd rather not run off our links to information. Everybody's been wrong about something at some point. Even veritable sources such as Zach.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Can't blame her if the players were putting bad info out there. Maybe from practice many thought JB was the leader.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:07 pm

This was stated in the Brissett transfer article

Kinda dumb IMO an I wouldn't stay either if the person in front of me wasn't playing all that well but I still get no shot to even try to start.
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Postby Gaturprincess » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Gator Fever wrote:
Gaturprincess wrote:Coaches told him it would no longer be a competition at the QB position. He made a decision at that point I guess. He wants to play.

In a way even though I think Brissett was the better choice probably I think Muschamp did the right thing if they are hell bent on starting Driskel. There would have been players taking sides etc if they pulled this stuff again next year.

I think they did the right thing too. If it's Driskel then go all in. And, if you know that then let Brissett go so he can play somewhere else. I glad the coaches sat him down even if it was painful conversation for Brissett.
Gaturprincess
Freshman Gator

Postby Gaturprincess » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:36 pm

Thank you!
Gaturprincess
Freshman Gator

Postby Homer J » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:39 pm

Insider info ??? This came out in November after the FSU Game in the Muschamp presser.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorKen » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:50 pm

-THE DUDE- wrote:

Yep. and YEP!

If she'd had eaten her crow then people might have been easier on her. But she ran like Cam after a scandal :D
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby Dugaboy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Gatorprincess can leave with Brissett...
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:04 pm

gatorJ wrote:
-THE DUDE- wrote:

Fair enough. I'm just a fan of information. I'd rather not run off our links to information. Everybody's been wrong about something at some point. Even veritable sources such as Zach.

Even if it's completely wrong information? That's not much of a source.
oxrageous

Postby Gouryella » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Stubborness is not a great quality to me.

Marrying a guy that could barely muster the 114th ranked passing game in the country. Did we really just average 146 yds per game and the starter is already signed, sealed, and delivered????

Pretty scary if you ask me. We better win at minimum ten games or people will be going way more nuts than now.

One has to wonder...are we the 7-6 team or the 11-2 team????
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby Gaturprincess » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:13 pm

GatorKen wrote:
-THE DUDE- wrote:

Yep. and YEP!

If she'd had eaten her crow then people might have been easier on her. But she ran like Cam after a scandal :D

Whatever!!! Are these some MB rules. Lol!!
Gaturprincess
Freshman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum