Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, arkygator, Gator Fever, Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins and 63 guests

RB Chris Johnson tranferring

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby Homer J » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Image
User avatar
Homer J
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm
Location: Flowery Branch, GA

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby AugustaGator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Homer J wrote:I haven't seen this yet.



http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ansfer-out


He got the shaft in the bowl game. He lost his cool, but I have seen much, much, much worse being done on the field with no penalty.

That play is a good one to watch again and see the 'class' of Louisville.
AugustaGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 5712
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby Travis McGee » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Good luck, Johnson!

As far as Florida goes, he was what he was - a special teams player and a back up. He won't be missed much, if at all.

Still, he got to be a scholarship player to my beloved UF and that's not an easy thing to accomplish.
Travis McGee
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Good luck wherever you end up, Chris.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

Image
Image
User avatar
I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6161
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Where nobody is looking

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby Homer J » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Travis McGee wrote:Good luck, Johnson!

As far as Florida goes, he was what he was - a special teams player and a back up. He won't be missed much, if at all.

Still, he got to be a scholarship player to my beloved UF and that's not an easy thing to accomplish.



+1
Image
User avatar
Homer J
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm
Location: Flowery Branch, GA

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby ncargat1 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:35 pm

AugustaGator wrote:
Homer J wrote:I haven't seen this yet.



http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ansfer-out


He got the shaft in the bowl game. He lost his cool, but I have seen much, much, much worse being done on the field with no penalty.

That play is a good one to watch again and see the 'class' of Louisville.


He threw a punch right in front of the ref. Does not matter if it had no force, was a slap, or never even landed. You can not do that from pee-wee on up.

I never begrudge kids leaving UF. I will still be a fan of Jacoby Brissett where ever he lands (assuming it is not the SEC east or FSU). And I really hope Chris Johnson finds a place he can play.

Best of luck to both.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
User avatar
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby NVGator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:42 pm

And more with the exodus.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
User avatar
NVGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9875
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby -THE DUDE- » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:22 pm

NVGator wrote:And more with the exodus.

gotta make room for those new recruits...could sign around 30 this year
User avatar
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4449
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby GatorKen » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:24 pm

ncargat1 wrote:
AugustaGator wrote:
Homer J wrote:I haven't seen this yet.



http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ansfer-out


He got the shaft in the bowl game. He lost his cool, but I have seen much, much, much worse being done on the field with no penalty.

That play is a good one to watch again and see the 'class' of Louisville.


He threw a punch right in front of the ref. Does not matter if it had no force, was a slap, or never even landed. You can not do that from pee-wee on up.

I never begrudge kids leaving UF. I will still be a fan of Jacoby Brissett where ever he lands (assuming it is not the SEC east or FSU). And I really hope Chris Johnson finds a place he can play.

Best of luck to both.


both players threw strikes and only Chris Johnson got a penalty.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.


I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
User avatar
GatorKen
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 5652
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm
Location: Murica

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby Noneya » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:36 pm

-THE DUDE- wrote:
NVGator wrote:And more with the exodus.

gotta make room for those new recruits...could sign around 30 this year


This should be Swanson's spot imo. Plug him in to ST from day one and another body (though a big one) in the backfield.

Johnson's ceiling was a STer. Swanson's is a STer from day one and starting FB before he goes.
Noneya
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1506
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby NoVa Gator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:37 pm

The punch he threw in the Sugar Bowl costed him a whole lot, way too much IMO.
User avatar
NoVa Gator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:14 am

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby rogdochar » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:46 pm

As RB Chris Johnson had 5 carries for 35 yards. That's 7 yd. ave.
I liked his running style, but we're loaded there for 2013. He came
originally as a DB, so he should be useful where he winds up.
Good luck, Chris.
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12723
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby G8rnTtown » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:46 pm

The hand writing was pretty much on the wall for JB. As for CJohnson, he was never going to see much pt at rb, was 2 short to be a lb, and would never be much more than st player. So he pursues pt elsewhere. Man down, man up! :)
G8rnTtown
Baby Gator
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:03 am

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby law98gator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:54 pm

:yawn:
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16858
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby ncargat1 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:13 pm

GatorKen wrote:both players threw strikes and only Chris Johnson got a penalty.


No argument. But he deserved to be flagged and ejected. Just because they did not call the Louisville kid does not justify his stupid reaction. Again, you are taught not to retaliate from pee-wee on up. No excuse, he should have been ejected.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
User avatar
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby law98gator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Everyone on the planet knows that it's the second guy throwing the punch who gets flagged.

When they said #32 was ejected I had to look at a roster to remember who it was.

Again, :yawn :.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16858
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby oxrageous » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:28 pm

I blame Urban Meyer for recruiting that thug trash in the first place. Oh wait...
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13647
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby Homer J » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:29 pm

I liked watching him run the ball in the O&B game and thought he had a chance to see the field this year. But in the long run, he is at best a special teamer. I too would love to give this scholly to a FB like Swanson. Brisset is a no brainer. Give his scholly to D. Walker.
Image
User avatar
Homer J
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm
Location: Flowery Branch, GA

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby GatorMark86 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:57 pm

The bar has been raised again for the Gators. This is all part of building a long term top 10 team and being in the hunt each year for another National Championship.
GatorMark86
Baby Gator
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: RB Chris Johnson tranferring

Postby alcoholica » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:34 pm

I don't think the punch had anything to do with him transferring. Matt Jones play along with 2 (potentially 3) stud freshmen backs coming in had more to do with it. Not sure what happens with Mack Brown. Writing was on the wall if he wanted PT.
Image
User avatar
alcoholica
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron