Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, t-gator, Yahoo [Bot] and 58 guests

Honey Badger Scared Straight!

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby GatorTAG » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:35 am

While everyone here is wallering in their misery of a loss to Louisville, I thought this could add some perspective on real life.

Sounds like the Honey Badger was scared straight during his time in jail. He sounds like a young man that truly gets what he did wrong and fixed it. Too many of these guys never accept their problem with drugs and blame everything/everyone else. He's definitely lost himself a lot of money over the past year. But if I'm a team looking for a good corner I'd be willing to risk a draft choice on him after reading that story. (ahem, Jacksonville)

This should be a lesson to anyone thinking drugs are going to fix your problems or ease your pain.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8817861/emotional-tyrann-mathieu-admits-regrets-says-marijuana-usage-him
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
User avatar
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby -THE DUDE- » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:37 am

watched that...boo freaking hoo. Poor guy "lost everything I had" should read "threw (smoked) away everything i had"
User avatar
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4455
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby gatordad » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:55 am

We will see if the lesson sticks...jury is out for now.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby NitroGator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:35 pm

Good talent and terrible actor. I don't buy it. He is hoping to get drafted and sign a deal. Once the $$ is not an issue, he will go back to using. Of course, he will be highly scrutinized by NFL people because of his history. Maybe the Rams pick him. That would be a secondary that would never get smoked.....so-to-speak.........
User avatar
NitroGator
Redshirt Gator
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby dz_23 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:55 pm

once a thug always a thug
User avatar
dz_23
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1294
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby rogdochar » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Next credit : Scientology ..... "I'm a cerebrawl kind 'o' guy."
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12734
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby gatorpe » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:37 pm

A thug? Smoking pot makes you a thug. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Putting people into jails, using law enforcement resources and money for those things is about the stupidist thing our society does. We have people snapping everyday and shooting people but we need to focus on pot smokers.........insane. The kid will do fine I am sure. Just look at our former "thug" who is now a star with at corner in the nfl.
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
User avatar
gatorpe
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby oxrageous » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:49 pm

gatorpe wrote:A thug? Smoking pot makes you a thug. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Putting people into jails, using law enforcement resources and money for those things is about the stupidist thing our society does. We have people snapping everyday and shooting people but we need to focus on pot smokers.........insane. The kid will do fine I am sure. Just look at our former "thug" who is now a star with at corner in the nfl.

Were you smoking a joint while you typed this?
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13669
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby WashingtonDCGator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:11 pm

dz_23 wrote:once a thug always a thug


I don't condone drug use at all and I don't partake, but let's get real. If smoking pot makes one a thug, then almost every college kid, and at least 45 percent on the Marion's workforce, are thugs.
Last edited by WashingtonDCGator on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WashingtonDCGator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2609
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby Travis McGee » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:20 pm

This is all about getting drafted higher than he would have.

His agent has his PR guy doing work, and nothing more.
Travis McGee
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby dz_23 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:21 pm

thug
a thug is someone who is going through struggles, has gone through struggles, and continues to live day by day with nothing for them. That person is a thug. and the life they are living is the thug life. A thug is NOT a gangster.

he plays like a thug, standing over his opponents. he hangs out with thugs, thats why he spend time in jail. he got busted more than once for the same crap. call it what u want, i dont see him changing, and his acting gets no sympathy from me. he HAD everything
User avatar
dz_23
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1294
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby gatorpe » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:46 pm

oxrageous wrote:
gatorpe wrote:A thug? Smoking pot makes you a thug. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Putting people into jails, using law enforcement resources and money for those things is about the stupidist thing our society does. We have people snapping everyday and shooting people but we need to focus on pot smokers.........insane. The kid will do fine I am sure. Just look at our former "thug" who is now a star with at corner in the nfl.

Were you smoking a joint while you typed this?

No, were you?
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
User avatar
gatorpe
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby NVGator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:50 pm

dz_23 wrote:thug
a thug is someone who is going through struggles, has gone through struggles, and continues to live day by day with nothing for them. That person is a thug. and the life they are living is the thug life. A thug is NOT a gangster.

he plays like a thug, standing over his opponents. he hangs out with thugs, thats why he spend time in jail. he got busted more than once for the same crap. call it what u want, i dont see him changing, and his acting gets no sympathy from me. he HAD everything


:lol: dz, that's only defined by Tupac.

Definition:

To be a true thug doesnt mean wearing "bling", listening to rap and talking "black". Being a gangsta isnt superficial.. To be a true thug means you havent had it good your whole life, and you intend to change that, and get out of the ghetto if thats where you are, you do whats right, you dont take **** from anyone, and stand up for your friends and dont let them take **** from anyone! You dont have to be a stereotypical "gangsta" to be a thug, a skater can be a thug, a nerd can be a thug, a hick can be a thug, a prep can be a thug, and old ass man can be a thug! So forget your stupid f***king stereotypes and thinking that everybody has to fit into one group, and be labeled.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
User avatar
NVGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9897
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:52 pm

NVGator wrote:
dz_23 wrote:thug
a thug is someone who is going through struggles, has gone through struggles, and continues to live day by day with nothing for them. That person is a thug. and the life they are living is the thug life. A thug is NOT a gangster.

he plays like a thug, standing over his opponents. he hangs out with thugs, thats why he spend time in jail. he got busted more than once for the same crap. call it what u want, i dont see him changing, and his acting gets no sympathy from me. he HAD everything


:lol: dz, that's only defined by Tupac.

Definition:

To be a true thug doesnt mean wearing "bling", listening to rap and talking "black". Being a gangsta isnt superficial.. To be a true thug means you havent had it good your whole life, and you intend to change that, and get out of the ghetto if thats where you are, you do whats right, you dont take **** from anyone, and stand up for your friends and dont let them take **** from anyone! You dont have to be a stereotypical "gangsta" to be a thug, a skater can be a thug, a nerd can be a thug, a hick can be a thug, a prep can be a thug, and old ass man can be a thug! So forget your stupid f***king stereotypes and thinking that everybody has to fit into one group, and be labeled.

Pffft. If we can't label people, how will we discriminate against them?
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

Image
Image
User avatar
I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6181
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Where nobody is looking

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby GatorKen » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:51 pm

gatorpe wrote:A thug? Smoking pot makes you a thug. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Putting people into jails, using law enforcement resources and money for those things is about the stupidist thing our society does. We have people snapping everyday and shooting people but we need to focus on pot smokers.........insane. The kid will do fine I am sure. Just look at our former "thug" who is now a star with at corner in the nfl.



so because people can't follow simple rules you think we should just let it go? lol
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.


I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
User avatar
GatorKen
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 5659
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm
Location: Murica

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby gatorpe » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm

GatorKen wrote:
gatorpe wrote:A thug? Smoking pot makes you a thug. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Putting people into jails, using law enforcement resources and money for those things is about the stupidist thing our society does. We have people snapping everyday and shooting people but we need to focus on pot smokers.........insane. The kid will do fine I am sure. Just look at our former "thug" who is now a star with at corner in the nfl.



so because people can't follow simple rules you think we should just let it go? lol

Stupid rules. People can drink and smoke all they want but smoking weed is some sort of prison offense. You think that makes any sense at all? We have dangerous people in society. A danger to us and our loved ones and we should worry about people smoking pot?
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
User avatar
gatorpe
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby -THE DUDE- » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:07 pm

gatorpe wrote:
GatorKen wrote:
gatorpe wrote:A thug? Smoking pot makes you a thug. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Putting people into jails, using law enforcement resources and money for those things is about the stupidist thing our society does. We have people snapping everyday and shooting people but we need to focus on pot smokers.........insane. The kid will do fine I am sure. Just look at our former "thug" who is now a star with at corner in the nfl.



so because people can't follow simple rules you think we should just let it go? lol

Stupid rules. People can drink and smoke all they want but smoking weed is some sort of prison offense. You think that makes any sense at all? We have dangerous people in society. A danger to us and our loved ones and we should worry about people smoking pot?

Debating the legality of pot should be be in the political pit...and that's not really what this is about. Whether it should be legal (i think it should be and i don't smoke it) is not the issue. Whether there are other violent criminals out there that they should be focusing on is not the issue. What is fact is that it is illegal and it is against the NFL's rules. He knows it's illegal and chose to do it to the point where he was kicked off the team. He was let back in school and was gearing up to return next season and despite previously being kicked off he continued to smoke it. This shows a serious lack of judgement on his part. If i were an NFL exec and trying to decide on drafting him this would play a big part. Did he really learn his lesson? Will he continue to use and thus get to the point where he misses games that he shouldn't be because he's not smart enough to stop smoking? Fact is the kid keeps making the same stupid decisions and for reasons that only he knows but going on TV and "crying" about it does nothing for his rep.
User avatar
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4455
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby rogdochar » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:15 pm

I will not let a Tupac freelance word-meanings established by career
lexicographers. A "thug" is a ruffian, a hoodlum even an assassin. A
thug operates outside the rules, he sucker-punches, operates through
and with a gang of thugs.
He mishandles life challenges.
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12734
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby Mikhail » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:25 pm

gatorpe wrote:
GatorKen wrote:
gatorpe wrote:A thug? Smoking pot makes you a thug. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Putting people into jails, using law enforcement resources and money for those things is about the stupidist thing our society does. We have people snapping everyday and shooting people but we need to focus on pot smokers.........insane. The kid will do fine I am sure. Just look at our former "thug" who is now a star with at corner in the nfl.



so because people can't follow simple rules you think we should just let it go? lol

Stupid rules. People can drink and smoke all they want but smoking weed is some sort of prison offense. You think that makes any sense at all? We have dangerous people in society. A danger to us and our loved ones and we should worry about people smoking pot?

Having problems getting your weed because of those "stupid rules"?
Mikhail
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Honey Badger Scared Straight!

Postby whtstrp58 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Who is this "Honey Badger" that you speak of?
Gatorhater Hater since 1980
whtstrp58
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron