Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 15 guests

Brissett To Transfer

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Brissett To Transfer

Postby JonBon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:21 pm

Link?
http://buzztap.com/FeedManager?cid=243

Adios MoFo!

Good luck my friend.
User avatar
JonBon
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:00 am

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby JonBon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:23 pm

User avatar
JonBon
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:00 am

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby oxrageous » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:23 pm

Whoops.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13712
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby divits888 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Too bad. I would have thought his chances had improved considerably after the Sugar Bowl.
User avatar
divits888
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6948
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby NVGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:27 pm

Guess there won't be much of a QB competition next year. Maybe Mornhinweg can beat him out.

Gaturprincess, now what?
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
User avatar
NVGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9908
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby Gulfstream » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:30 pm

divits888 wrote:Too bad. I would have thought his chances had improved considerably after the Sugar Bowl.



Agreed. :?
Hey, you want something done right, don't ask me.
User avatar
Gulfstream
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:46 pm
Location: Vietnam

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby Ancient Reptile » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:30 pm

I wish him well. He handled the situation with real class.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2398
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby JonBon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:30 pm

NVGator wrote:Guess there won't be much of a QB competition next year. Maybe Mornhinweg can beat him out.

Gaturprincess, now what?


Didn't you hear... Max Staver is the next Tim Tebow...
User avatar
JonBon
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:00 am

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby BSJGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:33 pm

Bottom line, it's a smart move on his part.
User avatar
BSJGator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2312
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm
Location: Deep in Assnole Territory

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby gatordad3 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:37 pm

As if he did any better when he was the starter during his Freshman season, and against Jacksonville St. :rolleyes:
gatordad3
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby Travis McGee » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:38 pm

I wish the coaching staff wasn't so convinced that Driskel was the guy, because his performance has left me wondering.

He doesn't have a feel for the pocket nor has he demonstrated an ability to progress through his reads.

I'm not at all confident that he will improve too much next season, and that worries the hell out of me.

Good luck Brissett. You seem like a good dude, a hard worker and a smart kid. Go get 'em!
Travis McGee
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby JonBon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:41 pm

gatordad3 wrote:As if he did any better when he was the starter during his Freshman season, and against Jacksonville St. :rolleyes:


While I agree the infatuation with him is laughable, considering he DID GET HIS SHOT to play QB at Florida and did not do so well. I still wish him all of the best and agree this was probably the best move for him.

Now Champ has to get in JDs ear now that their is no competition and let him know that he better take control of the team. No one to compete with now so it is all on Drisk.
User avatar
JonBon
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:00 am

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby GatorBart » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:41 pm

NVGator wrote:Guess there won't be much of a QB competition next year. Maybe Mornhinweg can beat him out.

Gaturprincess, now what?


Staver will likely be the #2 guy going into Fall, but he'll have to pick up the playbook pretty quick, as I don't think he's an EE, despite me thinking he was in a post a couple of weeks ago. We'll see, maybe SM will surprise us?
Image
User avatar
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3809
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:38 pm
Location: Left Coast

Breaking News: Jacoby Brissett to Transfer

Postby Gator_Chompz » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:44 pm

I copied and pasted from my twitter timeline for Gator Country

GatorCountry reporting that Florida #Gators QB Jacoby Brissett has asked for his release and will transfer.

Well...not a surprise for sure....dude did not get his chance in my opinion......discuss.
User avatar
Gator_Chompz
Baby Gator
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby kcgator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:46 pm

JonBon wrote:
gatordad3 wrote:As if he did any better when he was the starter during his Freshman season, and against Jacksonville St. :rolleyes:


While I agree the infatuation with him is laughable, considering he DID GET HIS SHOT to play QB at Florida and did not do so well. I still wish him all of the best and agree this was probably the best move for him.

Now Champ has to get in JDs ear now that their is no competition and let him know that he better take control of the team. No one to compete with now so it is all on Drisk.


JD got MULTIPLE shots! What's your point?
User avatar
kcgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4486
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Breaking News: Jacoby Brissett to Transfer

Postby Gator_Chompz » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:47 pm

Again I am not surprised about his decision. Depending who you ask I don't think he got a fair shake to compete for the job with his 3 snaps early in the season. I do wish him luck and thanks for his contributions as part of our team.
User avatar
Gator_Chompz
Baby Gator
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby MrAmbition2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:48 pm

JonBon wrote:
NVGator wrote:Guess there won't be much of a QB competition next year. Maybe Mornhinweg can beat him out.

Gaturprincess, now what?


Didn't you hear... Max Staver is the next Tim Tebow...


LOL soo BOOM, if you're referring to the post I wrote about Max Staver, I never said he was THE NEXT TEBOW! If not, I still would like to know who actually made such BOLD comparison?
User avatar
MrAmbition2
Baby Gator
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:09 am

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby Gator_Chompz » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:48 pm

Well I guess you beat me to it bud....sorry for the duplicate posting!
User avatar
Gator_Chompz
Baby Gator
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby usmcmfs » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Might just be the best move for all involved. JD really has no competition so his confidence level may rise. JB will get an opportunity to start somewhere. UF/Coach will not have to deal with any QB controversey.

Jeff will have a full year under his belt and while I have some of the same concerns as some others one thing I don't question is his work ethic. With or without the competition Jeff will work his ass off to get even better.
usmcmfs
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Brissett To Transfer

Postby JonBon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:53 pm

kcgator wrote:
JonBon wrote:
gatordad3 wrote:As if he did any better when he was the starter during his Freshman season, and against Jacksonville St. :rolleyes:


While I agree the infatuation with him is laughable, considering he DID GET HIS SHOT to play QB at Florida and did not do so well. I still wish him all of the best and agree this was probably the best move for him.

Now Champ has to get in JDs ear now that their is no competition and let him know that he better take control of the team. No one to compete with now so it is all on Drisk.


JD got MULTIPLE shots! What's your point?


Umm... JD won games with his shots against the the likes of TAMU, LSU, USC, FSU.

Like Muschamp said when they asked him if there was going to be a QB competition...

"THE SOPHMORE WENT 11-1!!! "

JB played LSU, Auburn, and mixtures of others in a fail last year. Plus, he didn't look that great in games he was in this year.
User avatar
JonBon
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:00 am

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron