Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, Gatorbythebay, Google [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, Trung, UFever and 58 guests

Fleeting Thoughts from Sugar Bowl/Nola

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Fleeting Thoughts from Sugar Bowl/Nola

Postby JonBon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Just got back to Texas... Scatter-shooting thoughts:

Turnout: Bourbon street on Tuesday night was at least 75% Louisville fans and the majority of them seemed to be in their 20s and in large groups. Whereas Gator fans were usually in groups of 2 and generally older.

Gameday: A lot more Gator fans than the night before, but again, Louisville had a far younger crowd. Looks as if the Gator Alumni show up but the current students don't. I have never been one to harp on turnout because everyone has their reasons but wow... The stadium was 65-70% Louisville and the Gator stands were embarrassing.

I had the joy of sitting in the lower bowl of the Louisville section. For the most part the fans were more than nice, but there were a couple of dbags.

Some memorable lines:
UL fan: "Our coin toss captains blow y'alls out of the water!"
Me: "You do know Muhammad Ali never went to Louisville?"
UL Fan: "So, he's from Kentucky!"
Me: "Really... I'm sure a lot of people are from Florida"

UL fan: "David Lee is the only good thing to come from Florida"
Me: "Thanks? I would give you a compliment but I cant name anyone out of Louisville."

UL fan: "Joakim Noah is a woman"
Me: (I had to just laugh at this one, it was kind of a funny thing to say in a football game)

All in all, I can see why people don't like making the trip to a bowl game because my gf and I spent close to a grand only to see them get killed. However, no one could have predicted that so that isn't an excuse. Plus, after 2 crap years I figured there would be a little more excitement around the program for a BCS bowl.

All in all, good but disappointing times. Go Gators.
JonBon
Freshman Gator

Re: Fleeting Thoughts from Sugar Bowl/Nola

Postby law98gator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Joakim Noah would make one very ugly woman. Of course, he's a very ugly man as it is.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:12 pm

law98gator wrote:Joakim Noah would make one very ugly woman. Of course, he's a very ugly man as it is.

Kinda harsh on Joakim,... but I'm sure he'll rebound from it.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby JonBon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:16 pm

rogdochar wrote:
law98gator wrote:Joakim Noah would make one very ugly woman. Of course, he's a very ugly man as it is.

Up high man!

Yeah this one guy was really hooked on basketball dissing before the game. I found it humorous... Until the ass kicking commenced.
JonBon
Freshman Gator

Postby phideltgator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Maybe we should remove our name from the Bowl list unless it's for the NC. This entire event was very unsettling. Poor crowd attendance, poor team effort, and one player shows up for alma mater presentation. Needs to be fixed.
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby JonBon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:42 pm

phideltgator wrote:Maybe we should remove our name from the Bowl list unless it's for the NC. This entire event was very unsettling. Poor crowd attendance, poor team effort, and one player shows up for alma mater presentation. Needs to be fixed.

I know you are being somewhat facetious, but it does raise a valid point on a lot of other issues. If I were a player I would hate to look up into the stands of a major BCS bowl game and see that you are outnumbered 2 to 1 when you are at the mighty U of F.

On the other hand, this team seemed to strive on the "Us against the world" mentality so either way I try to spin it, it still doesn't add up. Something just doesn't seem quite right and I have no idea what it is.
JonBon
Freshman Gator

Postby NitroGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:05 pm

rogdochar wrote:

I see what you did there...well done....
NitroGator
Redshirt Gator

Postby JonBon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:14 pm

NitroGator wrote:
rogdochar wrote:

I see what you did there...well done....

Great Job! :clap:
JonBon
Freshman Gator

Postby BSJGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:43 pm

I got a hundred says he doesn't give a rats ass what you think...just saying :lol:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum