Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angry Narwhal, DaMagicGator, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 55 guests

To all those who jumped:

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

To all those who jumped:

Postby TommyGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Into the abyss
Off the bandwagon
To unwarranted conclusions
Down Boom's throat
Down Driskel's throat
Onto the "we shoulda hired Charlie" bandwagon

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:burp: :burp: :burp: :burp: :burp:
:chillout: :chillout: :chillout: :chillout: :chillout:
:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

This was a very good season.
Yes we lost ot Georgia by not taking care if the ball, and we embarrassed the SEC with aslost to an inferior L'ville team in an uninspired bowl game.

Try focusing on the many positives rather than the negatives.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Re: To all those who jumped:

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:18 pm

We didn't win any championships and lost to our biggest rival again. That being said, we also won more games than the experts said we would and showed glimpses of just how good we can be when we're playing our best football.

The defense and special teams both improved from year 1 under Champ. The offense is still a work in progress and the clock is ticking with Pease. There is NO EXCUSE for an offense at UF to be ranked in the triple digits. This must get fixed immediately, or get someone in here who can fix it.

Looking forward to Spring ball and seeing if Champ and Co. can get this thing figured out. I'm betting they do.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:12 pm

The offense can only go up and most people thought 4 losses including another FSU loss so it beat expectations big time but that passing game has got to improve.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby GatorKen » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:18 pm

failed season, no SEC champ game and loss in the bowl game. lame

And I've been driving the Driskel is subpar train all year. So it is what it is. He can get a lot better or someone can take his job. The offense has to improve.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby NVGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:19 pm

In hindsight, which is always a luxury, not sure how many of those 11 games we won vs. the other team losing. I can probably count on one hand how many we actually won.

Yes, there are some positives to take away from this season, but that is expected from a returning coach, IMO.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby WestSideGata » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:33 pm

I cant remember any Gator team ever being so good at the halftime adjustments. Pretty sure that years from now we won't be making excuses for an 11 win season.
WestSideGata
True Gator

Postby Gouryella » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:37 pm

11 wins is an accomplishment in the SEC.

It wasn't just a bowl loss....a hard fought dog fight. We didn't even show up. I can't stand people making light of it(seem sjust like our players did). I think it is pathetic.

Coach Boom did an outstanding job but man...he was taken to school.

Please point out the poster or posters who said we should have hired Coach Strong instead. I would be interested to see them since I haven't read one. Thanks in advance.
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby Beauregard » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Just like Strong was evidently taken to school in losing to 7-5 Syracuse by 19 pts. and to 5-7 UConn? I dunno that anyone would have been wishing he were at UF after those games.

Listen, every coach gets outcoached sometimes. Sometimes it even gets ugly. It's not the end of the world. It was an 11-2 season. A very good year. Champ has the program headed in the right direction. He just needs to continue to recruit well and things will fall into place.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby AugustaGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:12 pm

The Florida Team, both coaches and players, had a good time in NOLA. I cannot say I blame them. They desired to have a good time, blow a little steam. Go Gators and great season. Thanks.
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby Gouryella » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Beauregard wrote:

Just like Strong was evidently taken to school in losing to 7-5 Syracuse by 19 pts. and to 5-7 UConn? I dunno that anyone would have been wishing he were at UF after those games.

Listen, every coach gets outcoached sometimes. Sometimes it even gets ugly. It's not the end of the world. It was an 11-2 season. A very good year. Champ has the program headed in the right direction. He just needs to continue to recruit well and things will fall into place.

So you agree that Coach Strong abused Muschamp in the 2013 Sugar Bowl?
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby AugustaGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Gouryella wrote:
Beauregard wrote:

No. Mushchamp and the Gators got abused by the fans and the refs.
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby Beauregard » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:38 pm

It looked to me like Louisville did everything better in the Sugar Bowl, including coaching. They probably tied their shoes better. But it's one game and ****storms just happen sometimes. Doesn't mean there's an excuse for them, but every coach who has been around long enough has had a disasterous game at some point.

It should be a very disappointing loss, but the more important thing is the general direction of the program. Champ and Co. made progress this year and I'm sure they'll learn something from the Sugar Bowl setback. And we'll see what happens next year.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby AugustaGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Beauregard wrote:

It looked to me like Louisville did everything better in the Sugar Bowl, including coaching. They probably tied their shoes better. But it's one game and ****storms just happen sometimes. Doesn't mean there's an excuse for them, but every coach who has been around long enough has had a disasterous game at some point.

It should be a very disappointing loss, but the more important thing is the general direction of the program. Champ and Co. made progress this year and I'm sure they'll learn something from the Sugar Bowl setback. And we'll see what happens next year.

To me, it was only a disappointing loss. The Gators deserved a weekend off of fun. Unfortunately, we were/are wound very tight.
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby ccsdk » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:48 am

Keep in mind that it wasn't that long ago that Bama got anilated by Utah in the Sugar Bowl, and then the next year won the SEC championship and the National Championship.
ccsdk
Senior Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:01 am

Christ, some people are insufferable!
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby divits888 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:17 am

It was just one big stinker of a game. We were putrid in just about every phase of the game except for run defense. But even there we had penalties and players dancing around like idiots after making a tackle even though we were behind by three touchdowns.

I’m hoping that something good comes out of this. Something more than lip service.

On a side note, what is it about UF always being among the most penalized teams in the country? It’s been that way going back to at least the 80’s. It doesn’t matter who the coach has been or how many times a coach has promised to “clean it up”. And it’s not because of playing aggressively. Lot’s of teams play aggressively without the contant barrage of penalties. A large percentage are really stupid undisciplined penalties that we seem to commit at the worst times possible. :?
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby mtn2top » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:30 am

I'll feel better about the season when the Sugar Bowl loss wears off a bit more. I'm still taking calls and emails asking WTF happened in New Orleans.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby kcgator » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:12 am

ccsdk wrote:Keep in mind that it wasn't that long ago that Bama got anilated by Utah in the Sugar Bowl, and then the next year won the SEC championship and the National Championship.

Stick to the small words champ.
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gouryella » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:41 am

Beauregard wrote:

Is that a yes?
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby Jbossgator9 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:43 am

We will win at least 10 games next year. Book it baby dolls!! Go Gators!!
Jbossgator9
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum