Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, Chomper, Go Gata, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, NoGaGator, Sasquatch Gator, Yahoo [Bot] and 70 guests

I have sucked

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

I have sucked

Postby GulfG8r » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:26 pm

I've been as bad after the loss as I have accused our taunting, showboating players of being during the loss.

Ox dug up an old post of mine ripping him after the Georgia game for acting the same way I have after this game. Perspective is everything.

To Cover2, Okechobee Joe, and many of the rational, loyal Gators on this message board, and to Coach Muschamp and his staff, I am very disappointed in my reaction the past 4 days. I can do better than that, and I have done better than that.

I mean, I drove 4 hours each way, from College Station, TX to Lake Charles, LA, just so I could catch the Florida-Georgia game on TV (back when it wasn't nationally televised). Unfortunately, that was the "run Lindsay run" game. I didn't hate on our team then as much as I've done the past 4 days.

I suffered through "the Choke". I suffered through the 1995 Fiesta Bowl (62-24). It was horrible, but in none of these events did I throw myself and my team into the fire like I've done following this year's Sugar Bowl.

Perspective is everything, and many of y'all got a lot more of it than I've had recently. 2010 was very discouraging because the direction of the team was all wrong. In 2 short years, Will Muschamp has turned this team around. If we can keep Pease and Quinn around for a little while, and find somebody who can coach quarterbacks and receivers, we'll be fine and have much to cheer about.

I'm not predicting a trip to Atlanta this year because I now realize this team isn't near as good as I thought it was. Driskel may not be the guy, and backing out of that hole will take some time. I definitely chugged the BCS kool aid and it tastes like shi!it coming back up. Like any hangover from too much chugging, this is all on me.

This team needs support, not the BS I've been spewing the last 100 hours.

Cover is right. Much of the GSMB right now is nothing more than an orange & blue version of Warchant. I have contributed to that. I have sucked.

In all kinds of weather. Times like this is what that line is about. Time for me to get over my little disappointment and turn the page, just like Muschamp and his staff and players are fixing to do.

Go Gators
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Re: I have sucked

Postby Zambo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Glad to see you getting your phallopian tubes out of a knot. We all get heated in the game thread and right thereafter. Unfortunately we have some folks who are that way all year long.

Go Gators! We're gonna be fine.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Re: Mea Culpa

Postby bullag8r » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:42 pm

Sometimes you just have to spew and its good to have a place like this to projectile spew. Most of us have done it more than once. Perspective is a process.
bullag8r
All-American Gator

Postby gatorspook » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:51 pm

That's not a problem then...I was worried what this thread was about...
gatorspook

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:37 pm

GulfG8r wrote:I've been as bad after the loss as I have accused our taunting, showboating players of being during the loss.

Ox dug up an old post of mine ripping him after the Georgia game for acting the same way I have after this game. Perspective is everything.

To Cover2, Okechobee Joe, and many of the rational, loyal Gators on this message board, and to Coach Muschamp and his staff, I am very disappointed in my reaction the past 4 days. I can do better than that, and I have done better than that.

I mean, I drove 4 hours each way, from College Station, TX to Lake Charles, LA, just so I could catch the Florida-Georgia game on TV (back when it wasn't nationally televised). Unfortunately, that was the "run Lindsay run" game. I didn't hate on our team then as much as I've done the past 4 days.

I suffered through "the Choke". I suffered through the 1995 Fiesta Bowl (62-24). It was horrible, but in none of these events did I throw myself and my team into the fire like I've done following this year's Sugar Bowl.

Perspective is everything, and many of y'all got a lot more of it than I've had recently. 2010 was very discouraging because the direction of the team was all wrong. In 2 short years, Will Muschamp has turned this team around. If we can keep Pease and Quinn around for a little while, and find somebody who can coach quarterbacks and receivers, we'll be fine and have much to cheer about.

I'm not predicting a trip to Atlanta this year because I now realize this team isn't near as good as I thought it was. Driskel may not be the guy, and backing out of that hole will take some time. I definitely chugged the BCS kool aid and it tastes like shi!it coming back up. Like any hangover from too much chugging, this is all on me.

Cover is right. Much of the GSMB right now is nothing more than an orange & blue version of Warchant. I have contributed to that. I have sucked.

In all kinds of weather. Times like this is what that line is about. Time for me to get over my little disappointment and turn the page, just like Muschamp and his staff and players are fixing to do.

Go Gators

:violin: :drunk:
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby Kilzyo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:42 pm

I was expecting a link to tubegalore.
Kilzyo
True Gator

Postby gatordad » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Though very disappointed in the game, my only gripe has been the way the UF players acted during the game. Win or lose, nobody needs to be asshats and that is the only issue I have had this week. I don't expect our favorite team to win them all; I just expect them to act like students that make us proud.

KEEP IT REAL.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby CapitalGator02 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Kilzyo wrote:I was expecting a link to tubegalore.

Or gloryholes...
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby WestSideGata » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Funny how emotional we get about seeing these kids run around. I guess thats passion. Funny thing is, how many of us have been in big time college athletics, the likes of these athletes? Probably not many, yet we (meaning me also) think we know what is best. Foley picked the right guy, Champo/Pease/Quinn can find excellence in players, and the Gator nation will be the proud NC again....soon.
WestSideGata
True Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:46 pm

There's nothing wrong with criticism. Nothing at all. But there is legitimate criticism and there is just the kind of criticism that represents defeatism, negativity, nihilism. I am talking about the kind of criticism that cries out oh we should have hired Charlie Strong instead of Will Muschamp after just one freakin game. There is some blame for the coaches and there is some blame for the players, and yes there is some blame for us fans.

Football is a game of emotion and motivation. Sometimes the better team can just get in a situation when another team is just fired up, plays with not out of control emotion, and with determination, and you just get in a situation where things just get out of hand. Things go from bad to worse. You get taken to the wood shed. You get whipped. But you know, we probably deserved to get whipped because of our arrogance. You cannot just show up and expect you are going to win.

I am as mad as anyone about losing to Louisville. Our team has to be ready to play every game. Now, of course, that is not going to happen because it is human nature to play down sometimes. Only the real champion learns how to be prepared every game, and even the real champion will lose.

One other thing I wish the Florida football program would learn, and it is this. I wish we would learn how to be more humble in victory and more magnanimous in defeat. No one can be more critical of our program than me. Tempered criticism is a good thing. I am glad we have passionate fans who don't like to lose and who want us to be the best.

But I will never accept the kind of attitude as legitimate that says an 11-2 team that defeated Texas A&M, LSU, South Carolina, Florida State, and gave Georgia all they wanted as over-rated. This team earned every yard they gained and every tackle they made. I will never accept the kind of attitude that says our coach is not as good as opposing team's coach when there is no basis for that. Nick Saban's Alabama team lost to Louisiana-Monroe. You want to tell me with a straight face that the Louisiana-Monroe coach is a better coach than Nick Saban.

Yes, I don't like the showboating, don't like it at all. I don't like the dancing after a play is made. Just do your job. Go back, line up, act like you weren't born in a barn as my dad used to say when I was a kid and walked out of the house without closing the door. Our players need to learn to give better effort when they are not directly involved in the play. Not just the guys close to the ball, but all of the team. If a team wants to be a champion it has got to have one heartbeat.

Don't think this is the first Florida team that ever had players that taunted, that showboated. It's been going on for a long time around here. There was some of it in Spurrier's time here as coach. There was some of it when Zook was here, when Urban Meyer was here. I think when Will Muschamp gets a team that is all of his recruits, I think you are going to see less of it.

I believe this is a message board, and and this is an informal place to vent. And no you are no less of a fan, if you are hyper-critical. Not at all. So make all the over-the-top criticism you want to. Go ahead and be my guest, but it just ain't my style.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:57 pm

GulfG8r wrote:I've been as bad after the loss as I have accused our taunting, showboating players of being during the loss.

Go Gators

Great post, it sucks being so passionate about this game of Gator Football.
We know that these kids could have gone out on top if they had really wanted and played like a team, but some do act like asshats while we the fans suffer for their less than actions on the field. But good for you sucking it up. With my kids years ago I had to learn to let it go quick because I didn't want them to act like me...you know monkey see monkey do, no (DC this isn't a racial overtone) now my youngest son is able to just say well there's always next week or next year and believe me that beats driving 4-5 hours from about any SEC stadium with the exception of A&M and Mizzu having a miserable time thinking about the lost and listening to kids moan and groan or cring because their friends are going to give them sh!+
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:07 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:But I will never accept the kind of attitude as legitimate that says an 11-2 team that defeated Texas A&M, LSU, South Carolina, Florida State, and gave Georgia all they wanted as over-rated. This team earned every yard they gained and every tackle they made. I will never accept the kind of attitude that says our coach is not as good as opposing team's coach when there is no basis for that. Nick Saban's Alabama team lost to Louisiana-Monroe. You want to tell me with a straight face that the Louisiana-Monroe coach is a better coach than Nick Saban.

I agree with this. Despite a lackluster performance by the defense against Louisville (at least until the 2nd half), they earned all 11 wins during the season. Our problem this year was our offense, or better our lack of an offense.

Notice how when both Georgia's and USCe's vaunted defenses both decided not to show up early for their games that both their offenses were able to bail them out? Yeah, we don't have that luxury at UF and in my opinion it's inexcusable. There is simply too much talent on this team to have one of the worst offenses in the FBS.

Pease was hailed as the savior, but his offense is worse than Charlie Cheeseburger's was. If the problem is Pease, then I hope Joker replaces him soon. If the problem is Muschamp having too much say in what the offense does, then he needs to shut it and concentrate on what he knows best.

This Gators team earned their record this year despite being handicapped by a very bad offense. Overrated? Not hardly.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:23 pm

There are plenty here who endured as "typical" season after season
with 50% of our competition expected to beat us. Alabama and UGa
used to beat us every year.

Still, our players did not erase our admiration of their superb play
by "thug-back-alley" behavior parading in the picture that is the
terrain reflecting the University of Florida landscape.

To think on it accurately, visualize its spread to the UF gymnastics
team. Our gymnast athletes "thug-mob" around an Auburn gymnast
who just floor-splatted off the parallel bars. That would totally
disgust us all.

We are seeing and discussing "unsportsman-like" behavior and lots
of it, prominently displayed .... even forcing max-amount of
penalization.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby G8RByte » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:07 pm

I've had the worst year of my life personally (43 years), so it even seemed trivial during and after the game on the 2nd. It's football, and I love it, but it's football. Perspective.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby Gouryella » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:27 pm

I keep reading about people saying we should have hired Strong instead of Muschamp. Did I miss these posts? I honestly don't remember reading them?
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby AugustaGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:33 pm

G8RByte wrote:I've had the worst year of my life personally (43 years), so it even seemed trivial during and after the game on the 2nd. It's football, and I love it, but it's football. Perspective.

Sorry to hear that. I'd say 2012 sucked for me too. Lost several people who mean a lot to me this year. And 2013 is not looking too good to start off either. Hang in there. I will.
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby G8RByte » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:42 pm

AugustaGator wrote:
G8RByte wrote:I've had the worst year of my life personally (43 years), so it even seemed trivial during and after the game on the 2nd. It's football, and I love it, but it's football. Perspective.

Sorry to hear that. I'd say 2012 sucked for me too. Lost several people who mean a lot to me this year. And 2013 is not looking too good to start off either. Hang in there. I will.

Thanks Augusta, I'm hanging in there. You'll be in my prayers.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby AugustaGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:46 pm

G8RByte wrote:
AugustaGator wrote:

Thanks. Same here.
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:04 pm

G8RByte wrote:
AugustaGator wrote:

Thanks, guys. Thanks for being real and reminding us all that there actually are human beings behind the usernames. Do what you have to do to get over the hump, and all the best.

@ GulfG8r: Really good post. You stood up like a man and admitted your fault. Cool. How much better off society would be if more people could bring themselves to do the same.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby gatordad3 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:32 pm

gatordad3
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum