Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, soflagator, t-gator and 49 guests

Caleb Brantley a Gator again

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Caleb Brantley a Gator again

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:05 pm

The four-star DT recommitted to Florida early this morning after a meeting with the UF coaches.
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: Caleb Brantley a Gator again

Postby GatorSky » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Beautiful
"What the hell are you guys doing?" "Puttin' on the foil coach"... "yeah, every game"... "want some?"
GatorSky
Senior Gator

Postby Amazin1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:09 pm

That didn't take long...
Amazin1
All-American Gator

Postby soflagator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Not a big fan of this kid thus far. Seems to desperate for attention and us more focused on that than anything else. I've also heard that his antics have not been appreciated by several of our other incoming freshmen, including KT.

Hoping for at least one more big DT in this class.
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby WestSideGata » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:58 pm

An 18 year old petulant kid who is wishy washy and emotional, imagine that. Champo will tease this out, if he fits and is worth, he will be a Gator. Not a right, a privilege.
WestSideGata
True Gator

Postby sportstalk » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 pm

I enjoy recruiting season and in the fall try to get out and watch many of our verbals at that time to form my own opinions. But I never ever bank on any of the kids being in our uni until they sign on the dotted line. I think that a high school kid verbally committing to a school could almost be considered the 4th biggest lie behind the three most famous ones:

1. The check is in the mail.
2. I won't *** in your mouth
3. We are from the U.S. Government so we are here to help.
sportstalk
Heisman Gator

Postby bullag8r » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Kids can change. Mine have. I am always reminded of Fred Taylor's trouble and recovery. There have been several others. If the kid has been told what to expect and he still wants to come, sign him up.
bullag8r
All-American Gator

Postby CGgater » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:11 pm

It's a big decision for a 17 or 18 yr old kid to make. However, I wonder if he decided to recommit because he was worried that Adams might take his place? Adams is visiting UF this weekend, correct? Just thinking out loud...
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby bullag8r » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:31 pm

CGgater wrote:It's a big decision for a 17 or 18 yr old kid to make. However, I wonder if he decided to recommit because he was worried that Adams might take his place? Adams is visiting UF this weekend, correct? Just thinking out loud...

Good observation. It is interesting that many superstar recruits have never had to seriously compete for playing time at high school and they don't want to go to a college where they have to compete.
bullag8r
All-American Gator

Postby GatorMark86 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:56 pm

CGgater wrote:It's a big decision for a 17 or 18 yr old kid to make. However, I wonder if he decided to recommit because he was worried that Adams might take his place? Adams is visiting UF this weekend, correct? Just thinking out loud...

If we can get Adams we take him in a heartbeat! If Brantley is the competitor we believe him to be, it will only make each of them better.
GatorMark86
Baby Gator

Postby bayou gator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:07 pm

sportstalk wrote:I enjoy recruiting season and in the fall try to get out and watch many of our verbals at that time to form my own opinions. But I never ever bank on any of the kids being in our uni until they sign on the dotted line. I think that a high school kid verbally committing to a school could almost be considered the 4th biggest lie behind the three most famous ones:

:lol:
P.S. - Don't feed the trolls!
bayou gator
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatordad » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:15 pm

sportstalk wrote:I enjoy recruiting season and in the fall try to get out and watch many of our verbals at that time to form my own opinions. But I never ever bank on any of the kids being in our uni until they sign on the dotted line. I think that a high school kid verbally committing to a school could almost be considered the 4th biggest lie behind the three most famous ones:

What about "of course I'll love you in the morning?"
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby PowerGator79 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:47 pm

Zach Abolverdi wrote:The four-star DT recommitted to Florida early this morning after a meeting with the UF coaches.

:yawn2:

2/6/2013
PowerGator79
Freshman Gator

Postby jand3k » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 pm

4. (reporter) Coach, we hear you interviewed w/team B; are you leaving? (coach) No! Absolutely not. I plan to be with team A for a very long time.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorspook » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Fans get way too crazy over recruiting...
gatorspook

Postby Homer J » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:16 pm

I guess in the end, he really is a good player and we did want him.... until he changes his mind again.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:19 pm

Welcome (back) to the Orange and Blue, Mr. Brantley :cool:
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby MrAmbition2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:18 pm

WestSideGata wrote:An 18 year old petulant kid who is wishy washy and emotional, imagine that. Champo will tease this out, if he fits and is worth, he will be a Gator. Not a right, a privilege.

Petulant? Wishy Washy? Emotional? Sounds like an average Gator fan! He's a KID, leave him alone! He has the right to recommit and decommit as long as he wants until he signs with a school! His future, his decision!
MrAmbition2
Baby Gator

Postby BSJGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:30 pm

jand3k wrote:

4. (reporter) Coach, we hear you interviewed w/team B; are you leaving? (coach) No! Absolutely not. I plan to be with team A for a very long time.

Number 4. Is also known as "The Saban Rule."
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby BSJGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:30 pm

jand3k wrote:

Number 4. Is also known as "The Saban Rule."
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum