Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cover2, dz_23, Gatorious, Google Adsense [Bot], MJMGator, MSNbot Media, NoGaGator, swampfuel, Wait ’til next year, Yahoo [Bot] and 74 guests

Coach

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Coach

Postby Gator50 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:21 am

Gator50
Redshirt Gator

Re: Coach

Postby wfoster314 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:33 am

Can't argue with anything there.
To Be...
wfoster314
Senior Gator

Postby DocGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:10 am

100% bulls eye on target.
DocGator
Redshirt Gator

Postby Don't Mean Nothing » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:23 am

Nice
Don't Mean Nothing
Redshirt Gator

Postby gatordad » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:36 am

That's what I've been saying...only not as erudite as this guy.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby Billgator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:42 am

BULLY, seems to explain a lot.
Billgator
Baby Gator

Postby gatorpe » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:49 am

Coach Will Muschamp must answer for Florida’s failures and inspire hope for its future.

This caption says it all. When you go through a tough schedule with one loss and make the Sugar Bowl your job is to answer for your "failures"? This sports writer answers to hardly anyone. His product is here today and gone tomorrow. Hundreds of thousands do not look at his every sentence and tell him what he did wrong. Will and this team willed there way to a lot of victories this year, Bottom line is they won a lot of games. Laid an egg in the bowl game which meant everything to UofL and was just a game we were supposed to win. The SW with so much insight and football smarts should go coach if he has it so figured out. I learned LONG LONG ago to mostly ignore experts and writers. They would be coaching if they knew so much or maybe had the guts. Bandwagon fans love winning but come quickly to the forefront when we are "supposed" to win. F him.
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
gatorpe
Heisman Gator

Postby Naples Gator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:05 am

Gatorpe is dead on - any Gator fan finding fault with Coach Will Muschamp after this year is really a rotten fan. From a truly awful 7-6 team in his first year to 11-2 this year works for me, especially with so many entitled players from the previous coach on the team.

My real problem is all the kids leaving early. And before I get any you don't know what these kids lives are like replies, did anybody catch that Georgia had like 6 kids come back this year because they wanted to win the SEC and have a shot at a NC? You think those kids come from better financial situations than our Gators? I doubt it, but they sure have more invested in their school than the ever-growing list of players we have bolting for the NFL.

The real motivator for Louisville was that Charlie Strong stayed rather than take the Tennessee job. That's all those Cardinals needed as motivation.

Compare that to a group of disinterested Gators who probably spent the week talking about how great it was going to be at the "next level" - "how ready they were to play pro ball" and how "they had accomplished everything they set out to do at Florida."

Wait until Muschamp has a roster full of his recruits before you judge his effectiveness as a coach. Until then, I say thanks for coming and playing for us - good luck in the Pros and I'm excited about next year already!
Last edited by Naples Gator on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naples Gator
Freshman Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:05 am

gatorpe wrote:
Coach Will Muschamp must answer for Florida’s failures and inspire hope for its future.

This caption says it all. When you go through a tough schedule with one loss and make the Sugar Bowl your job is to answer for your "failures"? This sports writer answers to hardly anyone. His product is here today and gone tomorrow. Hundreds of thousands do not look at his every sentence and tell him what he did wrong. Will and this team willed there way to a lot of victories this year, Bottom line is they won a lot of games. Laid an egg in the bowl game which meant everything to UofL and was just a game we were supposed to win. The SW with so much insight and football smarts should go coach if he has it so figured out. I learned LONG LONG ago to mostly ignore experts and writers. They would be coaching if they knew so much or maybe had the guts. Bandwagon fans love winning but come quickly to the forefront when we are "supposed" to win. F him.

You are right on the money there gatorpe.

It is easy to criticize the people who actually do things whether they be football coaches, teachers, doctors, politicians. Easy to take potshots at people. Sure they have a right to criticize. And the leaders know that they will be criticized.

But what you and I know is that this is only one game. We get taken to the woodshed in one game, and some want to throw in the towel, quit, say our coach is no good while praising the opposition's coach to high heaven. Sure Charlie Strong is a pretty good coach. But so is Will Muschamp. He has proven that the way he has turned around our program.

Will Muschamp is our guy. Some people don't like him. You keep hearing this underlying tone that he is from Georgia. Some don't like him because he wants to run a run first offense. There is this underlying tone of longing for the days of Spurrier and the Fun-n-Gun offense.

There is room for improvement. No doubt. But right now what our coach and players need is our support. Remember this was one game. There is good criticism and there is criticism that is over-the-top and is uncalled for.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby Billgator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:18 am

No, what our coach needs is counselling. Coach childish Boom, needs to become Coach mature gentleman.
Billgator
Baby Gator

Postby Beauregard » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:28 am

I think the article's criticism was a little too strong. Yes, Florida played horribly in the Sugar Bowl. However, it's still just one game and you can never look at one game (no matter how bad or good) when evaluating a coach.

Florida made strides from '11 to '12. There's no question about that. The program is headed in the right direction. We'll see what happens in Year Three.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:46 am

Naples Gator wrote:Gatorpe is dead on - any Gator fan finding fault with Coach Will Muschamp after this year is really a rotten fan. From a truly awful 7-6 team in his first year to 11-2 this year works for me, especially with so many entitled players from the previous coach on the team.

My real problem is all the kids leaving early. And before I get any you don't know what these kids lives are like replies, did anybody catch that Georgia had like 6 kids come back this year because they wanted to win the SEC and have a shot at a NC? You think those kids come from better financial situations than our Gators? I doubt it, but they sure have more invested in their school than the ever-growing list of players we have bolting for the NFL.

The real motivator for Louisville was that Charlie Strong stayed rather than take the Tennessee job. That's all those Cardinals needed as motivation.

Compare that to a group of disinterested Gators who probably spent the week talking about how great it was going to be at the "next level" - "how ready they were to play pro ball" and how "they had accomplished everything they set out to do at Florida."

Wait until Muschamp has a roster full of his recruits before you judge his effectiveness as a coach. Until then, I say thanks for coming and playing for us - good luck in the Pros and I'm excited about next year already!

^^^^ Good stuff right there. Please post more.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Beauregard » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:11 am

I'm tired of hearing this excuse. Florida lost and lost badly in a game they were favored to win. It happens to everyone at some point, but that does not mean there's an excuse for it.

And if I'm a guy on the verge of going pro, I'm thinking that every NFL scout is probably (no, certainly) going to watch film of this Sugar Bowl game when trying to determine my draft value. So (even if it's just for selfish or internal reasons) I probably need to play well and not stink it up because you're always auditioning for the NFL.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:17 am

K State got their butts whooped too, and badly.

It happens
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby ncargat1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:22 am

Florida has work to do. It needs discipline. It needs to develop the quarterback. It needs playmakers. It needs special players. It needs to get better.

All of this we know. No one really expected 11-2 this year, did they?

Play makers and Special Players?

Maybe they did not watch Matt Jones over the last 6 weeks.
Maybe they did not notice Kelvin Taylor this season.
Maybe they wrote this before VH3 absolutely showed up about every other top player in high school football because he was so good out there.

Do we need PROVEN play makers? OF course.
Do we need to find a QB? Of course.
Is our offense conservative to the point of indolent? Of course.

And yet.....11-2.

Does it seem like given all of the above, Will is doing one HELL of a good job after only 2 years? Of course!!
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby TN G8tr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:25 am

ncargat1 wrote:
Florida has work to do. It needs discipline. It needs to develop the quarterback. It needs playmakers. It needs special players. It needs to get better.

All of this we know. No one really expected 11-2 this year, did they?

Play makers and Special Players?

Maybe they did not watch Matt Jones over the last 6 weeks.
Maybe they did not notice Kelvin Taylor this season.
Maybe they wrote this before VH3 absolutely showed up about every other top player in high school football because he was so good out there.

Do we need PROVEN play makers? OF course.
Do we need to find a QB? Of course.
Is our offense conservative to the point of indolent? Of course.

And yet.....11-2.

Does it seem like given all of the above, Will is doing one HELL of a good job after only 2 years? Of course!!

+1
That about sums it up. No surprises at all.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby Billgator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:26 am

You guys are great Gator fans, and I applaud your loyalty. But I think you are still drink'n the koolaid. I'm not trying to antagonize you, but I want you to look at the facts.
We were real lucky to win a lot of our games, and we squeaked by a lot of bad opponents. The teams wasn't that good and it wasn't that much of an improvement over last year.
The game wasn't just one bad game, it was a microcosm of our season and program.

"Florida looked unprepared

One team went into Wednesday's game angry and focused, with a chip on its shoulder and something to prove.

The other team seemed arrogant and uninspired, and acted as if it already had proven itself. You can figure out which team was which.

The Gators looked more interested in trying to intimidate the Cardinals. They acted as if all they had to do was lay out a couple of players, talk some smack and pick up the trophy. On Louisville's first possession, the Gators hit Bridgewater on the chin, and when Bridgewater popped right back up, the Gators were cooked.

The bully pushed Louisville, Louisville pushed back, and the bully ran away.

Know whose fault it was Florida was more interested in playing maul ball than winning? Coach Will Muschamp's.

Florida looked desperate"

This loss was the best thing that could happen to Gator football. We are horrible. 11-2 , worst 11-2 team in history. We need to fix a lot , this game exposed us and everyone else sees it.

We need to acknowledge this total failure and not make excuses. We need repair from the top down.
Billgator
Baby Gator

Postby tillsb » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:31 am

I'd rather be a horrible 11-2 than last year's record.
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby divits888 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:37 am

Beauregard wrote:

I'm tired of hearing this excuse. Florida lost and lost badly in a game they were favored to win. It happens to everyone at some point, but that does not mean there's an excuse for it.

And if I'm a guy on the verge of going pro, I'm thinking that every NFL scout is probably (no, certainly) going to watch film of this Sugar Bowl game when trying to determine my draft value. So (even if it's just for selfish or internal reasons) I probably need to play well and not stink it up because you're always auditioning for the NFL.

Although I also think that’s a bogus excuse, I find it funny that it’s the very same excuse you posted here when Bama got it’s ass handed to them by Utah in the Sugar Bowl.
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:37 am

I don't think we're all drinking the Koolaid. And yes I do agree it was probably best that this happened with the whuppin we got. I think like as ncargat1 put it. We have a great nucleus in tact. We have a staff in place that has the potential, we are tougher, and we need all the other intangibles. And that is finding the missing pieces. The recruiting class that's coming in, upgrading the OL, WR's, and playmakers. Just think some are trying to state we are still in, as you put, "the repair" stage. But in the same token have come tremendous stirdes.

That game you know is going to leave a bad taste in WM's mouth. Knowing his attitude he probably wishes they could have been on the practice field on Thursday am. I think this will be a great motivation for most of the returning team.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum