Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], The RH Factor and 30 guests

Is Johnny Manziell > (Tebow+Newton)??

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Is Johnny Manziell > (Tebow+Newton)??

Postby Alvin York » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:48 am

This is approaching sheer science fiction . Is he an extraterrestrial? Did you see what this just out of his teens red shirt freshman did out there?

Johnny Football makes Cam Newton look extraordinarily second rate. Am I seeing the greatest skill set of any college quarterback of the modern era?
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Re: Is Johnny Manziell > (Tebow+Newton)??

Postby kubygator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:55 am

Alvin York wrote:This is approaching sheer science fiction . Is he an extraterrestrial? Did you see what this just out of his teens red shirt freshman did out there?

Johnny Football makes Cam Newton look extraordinarily second rate. Am I seeing the greatest skill set of any college quarterback of the modern era?

Yes
kubygator
True Gator

Postby Jbossgator9 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:11 am

No because The GATORS figured him out and OWNED and DESTROYED Manziel in the 2nd half and came away with the VICTORY. If we can do it, teams will figure him out because they have a WHOLE offseason to watch game film and learn how to stop him. LSU did it too. Go Gators!!
Jbossgator9
Heisman Gator

Postby Alvin York » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:18 am

Jbossgator9 wrote:No because The GATORS figured him out and OWNED and DESTROYED Manziel in the 2nd half and came away with the VICTORY. If we can do it, teams will figure him out because they have a WHOLE offseason to watch game film and learn how to stop him. LSU did it too. Go Gators!!

That's right. i had forgotten the Gator D probably did the best job of stopping Johnny Football this season. Still something's not right here. You did a bang up job against the Heisman Trophy winner but you couldn't stop the Louisville quarterback. Somebody explain that one to me.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby ccsdk » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:25 am

Teams and Kids mostly improve as the season progresses. We were fortunate to play them early. Chances are we wouldn't have been so fortunate if we had to play them later in the year.
ccsdk
Senior Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:26 am

This game's national performance, highlights A & M as the best fun
playing philosophy school around. It will be the first choice of 5*
recruits in the area. Who wouldn't put coach Sumlin at the top of
their list ? Play 2-3 more years with Johnny Manziel.

Many gsmb-ers were posting that the notoriety and celebration and
extra-fun of a fiery offense (SOS' Fun & Gun) better attracts the top
recruits. Lock ourselves into grind out wins with slow clock-control
and we will lock out flash & dash top recruits.

Always go for the top echelon in pass-game + run-game . That
will give top wins and will attract staunch defensive players too.
The highlight spotlight that shines on that offense will reflect well
on the defense too.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby jagator0 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:40 am

Alvin York wrote:
Jbossgator9 wrote:No because The GATORS figured him out and OWNED and DESTROYED Manziel in the 2nd half and came away with the VICTORY. If we can do it, teams will figure him out because they have a WHOLE offseason to watch game film and learn how to stop him. LSU did it too. Go Gators!!

That's right. i had forgotten the Gator D probably did the best job of stopping Johnny Football this season. Still something's not right here. You did a bang up job against the Heisman Trophy winner but you couldn't stop the Louisville quarterback. Somebody explain that one to me.

We're still waiting for someone to explain it to us. And yes, he is that good. He had a game tonight that Tebow is saying "Whoa, I wish I would've been that good". Dude had 228 on the ground with two TDs. Adrian Peterson would take that any time. But then add to it 288 through the air with two TDs (should have been three) and one pick (should have been none)? Wow! So much for the Heisman jinx.
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Postby BMF » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:45 am

He very would could be better....and may already be. He doesn't have a national championship (yet)...but other than that, statistically, he's as good or better than both.

And, agree, we were fortunate to play them early.

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby NVGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:46 am

kubygator wrote:
Alvin York wrote:This is approaching sheer science fiction . Is he an extraterrestrial? Did you see what this just out of his teens red shirt freshman did out there?

Yes

+1

And I believe you had the pleasure of seeing our Gators in College Station.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:49 am

A new first for Manziel will be the first time ever confluence of the
Sophomore jinx with the post Heisman jinx and he'll break it full
shatter.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby TN G8tr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:50 am

He is a true athlete and exciting to watch. And he could be one of the best. One thing with TT and sCam. They were able to will thier teams and got the championships to go with it. Maybe that comes with JFB's maturation process. Also remember he had a great nucleus around him. Great Player but lets see how another year or two go.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby BMF » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:38 am

TN G8tr wrote:He is a true athlete and exciting to watch. And he could be one of the best. One thing with TT and sCam. They were able to will thier teams and got the championships to go with it. Maybe that comes with JFB's maturation process. Also remember he had a great nucleus around him. Great Player but lets see how another year or two go.

Very true....but remember, Tebow didn't win the Heisman during a championship season either.JF has 3 more years.
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby TN G8tr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:54 am

BMF wrote:
TN G8tr wrote:He is a true athlete and exciting to watch. And he could be one of the best. One thing with TT and sCam. They were able to will thier teams and got the championships to go with it. Maybe that comes with JFB's maturation process. Also remember he had a great nucleus around him. Great Player but lets see how another year or two go.

Very true....but remember, Tebow didn't win the Heisman during a championship season either.JF has 3 more years.

Yes. I guess I was referring more to that TT ('09 & Overall Career) and CN how they carried thier teams. Even though CN did it in a simultaneous year.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby kcgator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:05 am

Driskel > Manziel
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby The_AlphaGator1906 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:25 am

Johnny Football is a great player but are'nt we just prisoners of the moment right now? Why not wait until his career is over to judge him as being one of the best ever.
"Do you like it? Do you think Cleveland is cool? I mean, I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good a bout Cleveland?"-Joakim Noah
The_AlphaGator1906
Heisman Gator

Postby scmike » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:36 am

Whether we like it or not, Manziell is better than Tebow and Cam and he has 2-3 more years to play at A&M who will definately be a major contender to win the SEC next season.
scmike
Senior Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:39 am

The_AlphaGator1906 wrote:Johnny Football is a great player but are'nt we just prisoners of the moment right now? Why not wait until his career is over to judge him as being one of the best ever.

I have to agree. Tremendous season by Manziel but wasn't Newton just as dominant, if not more, in 2010? Plus he led Auburn to a title, something the other two didn't.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby DaddyGator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:47 am

Alvin York wrote:

I think a few of them were puzzling out where they were going in the draft or how many microbrews Crescent City really serves.
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Beauregard » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:19 am

Hard to say where Manziel ranks, but I do know one thing: If I'm a 5 star recruit in Texas I'm looking a lot more closely at A&M (vs. Texas) than I would have in years past. Mac Brown really needs to get his **** together soon or someone needs to show him the door.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby usmcmfs » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:49 pm

I'll just say the nickname is appropriate. The kid does it all. He does a lot of what Tebow and Newton do.....he just does it faster.
usmcmfs
All-American Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum