Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 17 guests

Hargreaves Is the Lock

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Hargreaves Is the Lock

Postby NoGaGator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 pm

- down CB UF needs! MVP in the UA game tonight and was all-class.
NoGaGator
All-American Gator

Re: Hargreaves Is the Lock

Postby rogdochar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Very good. Very welcome. "Weights 'til next year."
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Kurtis Lowe » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 pm

Definitely looked every bit like the #1 cover corner in the nation.

Quick
Body Control
Hands
Run support
Position IQ

Kid has it all.
Because the ACC just doesn't prepare you.
Kurtis Lowe
All-American Gator

Postby Coach9 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 am

Easily the best player in the game.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:58 am

It's not easy for a CB to be the STANDOUT, but he was.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rowdyreptiles4 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:38 am

Kid has insane skills. Welcome aboard VH3!!
rowdyreptiles4
Baby Gator

Postby airg8r96 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:09 am

Was very impressed with how VH3 played. That pass breakup for a TD was an outstanding play by him. He is a great athlete and I am looking forward to watching him make the same type of plays wearing Orange & Blue.
The original airg8r96 on GSMB
Go Gators!!!
airg8r96
Redshirt Gator

Postby Homer J » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:12 am

Kurtis Lowe wrote:Definitely looked every bit like the #1 cover corner in the nation.

Quick
Body Control
Hands
Run support
Position IQ

Kid has it all.

good hips - he said he saw that he was beat by Treadwell and turned and ran with him and made the play.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby NoVa Gator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:41 am

He could beat Robertson, Watkins, or Purifoy for a starting cornner position next year.

Also, who is going wear #24 between Hargeaves III and Poole? It will be interesting to follow. :idea: :question:
NoVa Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby DeathRoll » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:12 am

Kid impressed me so much I started watching just him on most of the plays that the camera still had him in the picture. Kid is insanely good, seemed to be very humble.

I sure wish they would have run Taylor a bit more but it seems both coaches were intent on letting the QB's showcase their passing skills instead of running the ball.
DeathRoll
Senior Gator

Postby travy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:26 am

this kid is special! love the way he carries himself too. seems very mature and confident. go gata!
travy
True Gator

Postby Homer J » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:28 am

DeathRoll wrote:Kid impressed me so much I started watching just him on most of the plays that the camera still had him in the picture. Kid is insanely good, seemed to be very humble.

I sure wish they would have run Taylor a bit more but it seems both coaches were intent on letting the QB's showcase their passing skills instead of running the ball.

I'm glad they didn't because the last thing we need is a freak accident in an all star game.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby TN G8tr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:29 am

Did not get to see the game, but if he plays as good as you all and the media are saying.... Current UF DB's you better get ready for some comp.

How often do you hear of a CB getting the MVP of an all star game. The only one I recall is the Dallas DB in the Super Bowl years ago vs. Pittsburg.

Gotta be a special guy.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:32 am

I will be real surprised if he isnt a starter as a true freshman.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:39 am

Is he enrolling to play spring ball???
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:52 am

TN G8tr wrote:Is he enrolling to play spring ball???

I saw an artcle before that said another player was but didnt mention him enrolling early though he was a big part of the article. So I am guessing he isn't.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby Amazin1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:04 pm

Zach does not have him listed as an EE. that dude is crazy skilled...i was VERY impressed and was also just watching him whenever he was in camera range. i.m.o he will be a starting corner for us next year.
Amazin1
All-American Gator

Postby ltraz » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:14 pm

Gator Fever wrote:I will be real surprised if he isnt a starter as a true freshman.

With Gator fans, someone is always the best or worst player ever! You'd be surprised if a true freshman doesn't beat out two corners that will be getting pre-season ALL-SEC votes? So you're saying you think he will be head and shoulders above JJ and Haden as freshman b/c they would not have started on our team next year (if they were coming in as freshman obviously).

I do think he looked good enough to possibly allow us to shift players to other positions of need (Purifoy to O some and Poole to FS). Sucks that he's not an EE.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 pm

ltraz wrote:
Gator Fever wrote:I will be real surprised if he isnt a starter as a true freshman.

With Gator fans, someone is always the best or worst player ever! You'd be surprised if a true freshman doesn't beat out two corners that will be getting pre-season ALL-SEC votes? So you're saying you think he will be head and shoulders above JJ and Haden as freshman b/c they would not have started on our team next year (if they were coming in as freshman obviously).

I do think he looked good enough to possibly allow us to shift players to other positions of need (Purifoy to O some and Poole to FS). Sucks that he's not an EE.

I was reading an article discussing it and they seem to think he would also even before that game against top WR's but we will see and Muschamp appears to be the type that starts the player performing best despite the seniority of others unless that player is in the doghouse.
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:18 pm

ltraz wrote:With Gator fans, someone is always the best or worst player ever!

Well, VH3 is one of the best players I've seen. However, he will need some work on wrapping up. He tends to hit the running back in the leg without wrapping up.

I agree that he will give us immediate depth and playing time. I think he plays nickle or one of the corners in the nickle package.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum