Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, TN G8tr and 23 guests

can it get worse?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

can it get worse?

Postby phideltgator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:22 pm

Been catching insult after insult in every direction I go and it hasn't let up. I can't even go to Publix without the produce manager giving me a big sht eating grin. It's like the whole world was waiting to see the Gators get their butt's beat and man are they reveling in it. It's tough at the top sometimes.
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Re: can it get worse?

Postby gatorhoya » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Yes it could be worse. Imagine you haven't been relevant in football for the last 12 seasons. Every year you get a top 3 recruiting class and a top 10 preseason ranking. But then you find ways to lose 3-5 games almost every season to randomly, weak-ass conference teams. Then, you finally make a BCS game, and you have to play a weak ass team that has no business in the BCS. And it takes you all of 3 and a half quarters to put them away. Then you wake up and realize for the last several seasons you have been coached by a poor man's version of Ron Zook. You know, like the movie Multiplicity where Michael Keaton gets cloned 4 times and the 4th clone is basically retarded? That's your coach now...a four-timed cloned Ron Zook!

Yes, it can be worse. You could be a Seminole.
gatorhoya
Freshman Gator

Postby kcgator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:29 pm

phideltgator wrote:Been catching insult after insult in every direction I go and it hasn't let up. I can't even go to Publix without the produce manager giving me a big sht eating grin. It's like the whole world was waiting to see the Gators get their butt's beat and man are they reveling in it. It's tough at the top sometimes.

Top of WHAT??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby 8802gator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:29 pm

That's the price we pay for rooting for a top program. Lets face it, anybody that wasn't a gator was rooting for louisville to get the upset.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:29 pm

The previous two years were much worse.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby soflagator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:35 pm

You could be a lonely, middle-aged produce manager at Publix who seeks his thrills through the failures of the team of one of his store's customers, waiting patiently all season for such a moment, which likely didn't live up to his preconceived expectations of how satisfying those 3 seconds would be.

So yes. :cool:
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby Homer J » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:38 pm

gatorhoya wrote:Yes it could be worse. Imagine you haven't been relevant in football for the last 12 seasons. Every year you get a top 3 recruiting class and a top 10 preseason ranking. But then you find ways to lose 3-5 games almost every season to randomly, weak-ass conference teams. Then, you finally make a BCS game, and you have to play a weak ass team that has no business in the BCS. And it takes you all of 3 and a half quarters to put them away. Then you wake up and realize for the last several seasons you have been coached by a poor man's version of Ron Zook. You know, like the movie Multiplicity where Michael Keaton gets cloned 4 times and the 4th clone is basically retarded? That's your coach now...a four-timed cloned Ron Zook!

Yes, it can be worse. You could be a Seminole.

I live and work with jawja fans and when they talk smack, I like to ask how old they were the last time jawja won a National Championship. Most were not even a gleam in their daddy's eyes when they won it.

The one fsu guy that I work with has been talking smack for a while and it got worse when the ladies BB team beat the Gators. Then we bet on the men's BB game (I won) and football (I won again). I just tell him, "at least you have women's basketball to fall back on".
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby cover2 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 pm

phideltgator wrote:Been catching insult after insult in every direction I go and it hasn't let up. I can't even go to Publix without the produce manager giving me a big sht eating grin. It's like the whole world was waiting to see the Gators get their butt's beat and man are they reveling in it. It's tough at the top sometimes.

That's part of the price you pay for being a Gator fan. If we had won, we'd be blasted for beating a nobody. Think back to what SOS said one time..."if your opposition likes you, they must be beating you" (or words to that effect)! And what the hell are you worrying about what the Publix produce manager thinks? He's just happy his bunch got matched up with No. Ill.!
"I aim to kill you in one minute, Ned, or see you hang in Ft. Smith at Judge Parker's convenience! Which'll it be?"
cover2
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorBart » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 pm

soflagator wrote:You could be a lonely, middle-aged produce manager at Publix who seeks his thrills through the failures of the team of one of his store's customers, waiting patiently all season for such a moment, which likely didn't live up to his preconceived expectations of how satisfying those 3 seconds would be.

:D
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby Zambo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:05 pm

soflagator wrote:You could be a lonely, middle-aged produce manager at Publix who seeks his thrills through the failures of the team of one of his store's customers, waiting patiently all season for such a moment, which likely didn't live up to his preconceived expectations of how satisfying those 3 seconds would be.

Simple as that!

Just respond, "Well it could be worse...I could work at Publix."

Of course, this tactic will not work if you are the produce stockboy and the produce manager is your boss.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby Speedytilian87 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:08 pm

I think its comical how one win seemingly destroyed a whole season for unexpected success. For god sakes we finished 11-2. Nobody on the face of the planet had us winning over 9 games this year.
Gator Since: 2006
Alumni: UF Poli Sci '10
Dorm: Weaver
High School City: Deerfield Beach
Current City: Gainesville

Speedytilian87
Senior Gator

Postby GulfG8r » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Zambo wrote:

Simple as that!

Of course, this tactic will not work if you are the produce stockboy and the produce manager is your boss.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby scmike » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:37 pm

Let's not gripe and sulk like UGA fans did after they lost to Bama. We simply got our a$$es whipped by a team who came to play. Our guys were not mentally prepared and they were poorly coached for "that" game. Thus, they lost to a team they should have easily clobbered.
Let's hope WM, his staff and the players learned a valuable lesson to not let that happen again. 11-2 is pretty darn good when you look at how mediocre our offense was most of the season.

Go Gators!
scmike
Senior Gator

Postby gatorspook » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:47 pm

GulfG8r wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Simple as that!

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there

Z sold his soul to the devil...I'm telling you. This came out of nowhere.
gatorspook

Postby 2dumb2fold » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:32 pm

It feels purty good to be hated again......YOU KNOW, THEY ARE ALL BAIT.....
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday, for a kansas
cheeseburger today.
2dumb2fold
Freshman Gator

Postby Gators79 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:20 pm

I live in NC and heard crap from a few people. For the most part UF is always in the hunt for a NC. How many other teams can say that? My neighbor is a Pitt fan and he once said we can't even sniff a NC . I'm not blowing sunshine and I was mad as heck at the Coach and Players, Champ took it like a man and we will get better because of this. See 62–24 loss by Steve in the NC game.
I was pissed, embarrassed like all of us. But we are Gators and it great to be a Florida Gator.

Go Gators!
Gators79
Heisman Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Gators79 wrote:I live in NC and heard crap from a few people. For the most part UF is always in the hunt for a NC. How many other teams can say that? My neighbor is a Pitt fan and he once said we can't even sniff a NC . I'm not blowing sunshine and I was mad as heck at the Coach and Players, Champ took it like a man and we will get better because of this. See 62–24 loss by Steve in the NC game.
I was pissed, embarrassed like all of us. But we are Gators and it great to be a Florida Gator.

Go Gators!

It's great to be a Florida Gator.

Hell yeah we're mad. But when football season starts next season, when they kick it off on opening day, when the Gators come out of the chute, and the voice booms over Payne's Prairie "Here Comes the Gators", then who would you rather be Louisville with Charley Strong or Florida with Will Muschamp? When next year starts the fans will be back and optimism will reign in Gainesville like it always does at the beginning of a new season.

Who do you think in the next year, the next two years, the next three years has the best chance to win the National Championship -- Louisville with Charlie Strong or Florida with Will Muschamp?

We made an F on the final exam and ended up with a B instead of an A for the course. Next year we will be better prepared for the final and will Ace the course.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:32 pm

soflagator wrote:You could be a lonely, middle-aged produce manager at Publix who seeks his thrills through the failures of the team of one of his store's customers, waiting patiently all season for such a moment

To be fair, most Clowns don't rise to management. I'm sure he's held in high esteem by army of stock boys, baggers, and fry cooks that comprises the vast majority of the Clown nation. Perhaps he has a graduate degree. I don't think you should be so sarcastic to such a well-educated and accomplished Clown.

which likely didn't live up to his preconceived expectations of how satisfying those 3 seconds would be.

I'd comment, but this seems like an area for MattM.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Jbossgator9 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:33 pm

KSU got beat worse than we did
Jbossgator9
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorShea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:36 pm

I live in Oklahoma and they have been waiting with baited breath for a moment like this. I still hear that Tebow sucks and the anger on why Bradford didn't get as much tv time as he did/does. I explain it very easily that Bradford is an absolute bore in an interview. That pretty much ends the argument but it doesn't douse their hate. Haters gonna hate!
GatorShea
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum