Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, Chomper, Go Gata, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Sasquatch Gator, Yahoo [Bot] and 69 guests

Chipper Not Happy With Gators Either

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Chipper Not Happy With Gators Either

Postby Cold Blooded Reptile » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Chipper Jones rips Gators after upset

One of the Florida Gators’ best-known fans is ripping into the team after its stunning 33-23 loss to Louisville in the Sugar Bowl Wednesday night.

Chipper Jones took to Twitter to express the frustration that many Gator fans are feeling after watching Florida fall behind 24-3 in the first half and 33-10 in the second half before falling 10 points short in a late comeback attempt.

“Never seen a more undisciplined football team in my life. As a life long UF fan, that was embarrassing,” Jones wrote Thursday.

And then: “I can handle getting beat, but to show ur [fannies] in front of the whole country? Sure hope the inmates ain’t running the asylum down there!”

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-georgia-sp ... gia_sports
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly ... for a worthy cause .... Theodore Roosevelt
Cold Blooded Reptile
Freshman Gator

Re: Chipper Not Happy With Gators Either

Postby ncargat1 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Cold Blooded Reptile wrote:Chipper Jones rips Gators after upset

One of the Florida Gators’ best-known fans is ripping into the team after its stunning 33-23 loss to Louisville in the Sugar Bowl Wednesday night.

Chipper Jones took to Twitter to express the frustration that many Gator fans are feeling after watching Florida fall behind 24-3 in the first half and 33-10 in the second half before falling 10 points short in a late comeback attempt.

“Never seen a more undisciplined football team in my life. As a life long UF fan, that was embarrassing,” Jones wrote Thursday.

And then: “I can handle getting beat, but to show ur [fannies] in front of the whole country? Sure hope the inmates ain’t running the asylum down there!”

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-georgia-sp ... gia_sports

And we care about that POS why?
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Chipper is a native of Crescent/Jacksonville (Bolles H.S.) He will be "enshrined" in the Baseball Hall of Fame. He is a lifelong Gator fan.
He played a maximum-length Pro-sports career with only dignity, no
scandals.

As a notable Gator fan and a man who reveres good sportsmanship he
expressed his accepting his team's loss but not accepting the loss of
sportsmanship. It's suppose to be constructive sporting competition.
Chipper, along with many, was emotionally moved by the conduct of
the "home-team" he wants always to feel pride about.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby mtn2top » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:54 pm

rogdochar wrote:Chipper is a native of Crescent/Jacksonville (Bolles H.S.) He will be "enshrined" in the Baseball Hall of Fame. He is a lifelong Gator fan.
scandals.

+1
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby CapitalGator02 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 pm

Twitter is awful. I agree with Jones' sentiment, but send Foley and/or Muschamp a letter instead of being an emotional female on the interwebz...
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorspook » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:12 pm

ncargat1 wrote:

Because he is a loyal gator, is well respected, and is 100% right.
gatorspook

Postby Double Gator Dad » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:16 pm

gatorspook wrote:
ncargat1 wrote:

Not saying I don't agree with him but this is the first public acknowledgement of him being a Gator fan that I have ever seen. Yes, he is from Florida (Pierson actually) but I have not heard anything about his feelings on the Gators before.
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby kcgator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:26 pm

gatorspook wrote:
ncargat1 wrote:

Yep. Muschamp should be utterly embarrassed by that crap sandwich we were served on Wednesday.
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby GulfG8r » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:27 pm

CapitalGator02 wrote:Twitter is awful. I agree with Jones' sentiment, but send Foley and/or Muschamp a letter instead of being an emotional female on the interwebz...

+100
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby kubygator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:27 pm

rogdochar wrote:Chipper is a native of Crescent/Jacksonville (Bolles H.S.) He will be "enshrined" in the Baseball Hall of Fame. He is a lifelong Gator fan.
scandals

'I've messed up royally'

Braves' Jones admits fathering out-of-wedlock child

Click here for more on this story
Posted: Friday October 23, 1998 11:23 AM

Jones has reportedly admitted to having several affairs during 1997 Tom Hauck/Allsport
ATLANTA (AP) -- Atlanta Braves third baseman Chipper Jones, perhaps the team's most recognizable star, has acknowledged publicly that he fathered an illegitimate child born seven months ago.

"I've messed up royally," Jones said Wednesday during an interview with Morris News Service at his Atlanta home. "I've messed up just about as bad as a man can mess up without killing somebody. I've committed adultery and I'll pay for that the rest of my life.

"I want to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to my wife, to the fans and to the Braves organization for not representing myself very well and not doing the things all those people expect me to do. I ask for forgiveness."

Jones sat with his wife, Karin, and described the pain he caused when he told her about an affair he began with a Michigan woman 18 months ago, the news service said.

"It was the worst day of my life. It was terrible," he said. "Just seeing how much pain I can inflict on another human being without putting my hands on them is just unbelievable. I'll never do it again."

The affair was one of several Jones had following the 1996 World Series, the news service said. During the Braves' final spring training in West Palm Beach, Florida, in March 1997, he met a waitress at Hooter's and the woman, who has returned to her Michigan home, gave birth to a boy in March.

Jones said he will support the child, although details have not been worked out.

"I was going through a pretty rebellious period where it didn't matter what Karin said, I was going to do the opposite," Jones said. "I was really self-absorbed."

Jones met his wife while he played at Class A Macon in 1991. They were married after the 1992 season.

They sought counseling last winter, and Jones said he has turned away from the bar scene.

"You keep getting temptation thrown in your face and eventually you're going to slip up," he said. "I had to make a decision on what the most important thing in my life was. The most important thing was Karin."

Mrs. Jones said her Christian background had helped her through the troubled time. Asked why she stayed with Jones after he admitted his affairs, she admitted, "I almost didn't. Honestly, it was faith, pure and full. I didn't stay because of the ballplayer, that's for darn sure, because I hated the ballplayer at that point.

"It was because of all I had invested in the relationship. I got on my knees, fought with God, ran, went to counselors, called my friends in the wee hours of the morning and went through a severe depression about leaving for good," she said.

The two said their relationship is improving.

"The most important thing to me is not baseball, it's not image, it's reconciling; it's getting my priorities straight again," Jones said. "I'm kind of throwing myself into my relationship with my wife right now, trying to make things work."

With his all-American image, Jones is a spokesman for the Braves' Big League Lunch Program for area schoolchildren and devotes much of his free time during the season to baseball clinics for kids.

"I want to be a better role model," he said. "I've gone out to schools and I've been on TV and I've said all the right things and it appears like I've done all the right things, but I was really leading kind of a hypocritical life.

"It's time I started practicing what I'm preaching," Jones said.

Guess he gets a pass because he isn't black like Tiger
kubygator
True Gator

Postby GulfG8r » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:29 pm

kubygator wrote:
scandals

'I've messed up royally'

Jones has reportedly admitted to having several affairs during 1997 Tom Hauck/Allsport
ATLANTA (AP) -- Atlanta Braves third baseman Chipper Jones, perhaps the team's most recognizable star, has acknowledged publicly that he fathered an illegitimate child born seven months ago.

"I've messed up royally," Jones said Wednesday during an interview with Morris News Service at his Atlanta home. "I've messed up just about as bad as a man can mess up without killing somebody. I've committed adultery and I'll pay for that the rest of my life.

"I want to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to my wife, to the fans and to the Braves organization for not representing myself very well and not doing the things all those people expect me to do. I ask for forgiveness."

Jones sat with his wife, Karin, and described the pain he caused when he told her about an affair he began with a Michigan woman 18 months ago, the news service said.

"It was the worst day of my life. It was terrible," he said. "Just seeing how much pain I can inflict on another human being without putting my hands on them is just unbelievable. I'll never do it again."

The affair was one of several Jones had following the 1996 World Series, the news service said. During the Braves' final spring training in West Palm Beach, Florida, in March 1997, he met a waitress at Hooter's and the woman, who has returned to her Michigan home, gave birth to a boy in March.

Jones said he will support the child, although details have not been worked out.

"I was going through a pretty rebellious period where it didn't matter what Karin said, I was going to do the opposite," Jones said. "I was really self-absorbed."

Jones met his wife while he played at Class A Macon in 1991. They were married after the 1992 season.

They sought counseling last winter, and Jones said he has turned away from the bar scene.

"You keep getting temptation thrown in your face and eventually you're going to slip up," he said. "I had to make a decision on what the most important thing in my life was. The most important thing was Karin."

Mrs. Jones said her Christian background had helped her through the troubled time. Asked why she stayed with Jones after he admitted his affairs, she admitted, "I almost didn't. Honestly, it was faith, pure and full. I didn't stay because of the ballplayer, that's for darn sure, because I hated the ballplayer at that point.

"It was because of all I had invested in the relationship. I got on my knees, fought with God, ran, went to counselors, called my friends in the wee hours of the morning and went through a severe depression about leaving for good," she said.

"The most important thing to me is not baseball, it's not image, it's reconciling; it's getting my priorities straight again," Jones said. "I'm kind of throwing myself into my relationship with my wife right now, trying to make things work."

With his all-American image, Jones is a spokesman for the Braves' Big League Lunch Program for area schoolchildren and devotes much of his free time during the season to baseball clinics for kids.

"I want to be a better role model," he said. "I've gone out to schools and I've been on TV and I've said all the right things and it appears like I've done all the right things, but I was really leading kind of a hypocritical life.

Does EVERYTHING have to come down to race???

Amazing. Absolutely amazing
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby IDGAC » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Yeah that was a pretty stupid comment by kuby, even though he was making a good point. Kind of like a turd on top of a truffle.
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 pm

So, Chipper Jones played the sport in dignified style. I am saddened
by what I've just learned. I condemn what he and other females did
to his wife. She has handled that with dignity.

The "Art of Loving" is becoming something that seems will be
represented by The National Endowment of the Arts in the future.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GBHOR » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:53 pm

kubygator wrote:
scandals

'I've messed up royally'

So F'ing up in ones personal life means that you must recuse yourself from commenting on a bunch of prima donnas acting stupid on national television? And did chippers wife chase him out the house with a baseball bat and make him wreck a car, "sober" of course.
GBHOR
All-American Gator

Postby GatorInGeorgia » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:03 pm

kubygator wrote:
scandals

'I've messed up royally'

No, it has nothing to do with race. It had everything to do with the fact that Chipper wasn't and still isn't nearly as famous and recognizable as Tiger. That's what happens when a guy like Tiger voluntarily splashes his face all over the media in order to earn $100+ million per year in endorsements. You take the good with the bad when you willingly participate in that situation. 85% of America wouldn't recognize Chipper Jones if he walked up to them and introduced himself. If it had been a white athlete that was close to Tiger's level of prominence that person would have been put through the ringer just the same.....that's what the media does.

Secondly, Chipper didn't get a "pass". He was blistered in the media. Probably not as bad as Tiger but this was a big story when it happened. Don't forget, it's been about 15 years since this occured so the story has died, just like the Tiger situation has also run it's course and died.

You may want to actually look at the facts next time before posting. It would help your credibility.
GatorInGeorgia
True Gator

Postby oxrageous » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:04 pm

kubygator wrote:Guess he gets a pass because he isn't black like Tiger

You are a fool. Tiger isn't black, either.

What Chipper said wasn't off the mark. Is Twitter stupid? Absolutely.
oxrageous

Postby williston_gator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:07 pm

Somebody check out Purifoy's twitter. He shot back at Chipper's comments.

*edit: it looks like he took them down but here's a screenshot.*

williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:19 pm

williston_gator wrote:Somebody check out Purifoy's twitter. He shot back at Chipper's comments.

Purifoy shouldn't have said that. Fans are allowed. Players need to move on...he'll be a fan someday and can criticize to his heart's desire.
gatorspook

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 pm

I'm surprised more coaches or even the NCAA haven't completely banned Twitter usage by student-athletes. It just stirs up ****, and pissing matches like the one between Chipper and Purifoy.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Red D » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:23 pm

williston_gator wrote:Somebody check out Purifoy's twitter. He shot back at Chipper's comments.

Apparently, Loucheiz, football isn't your sport either. We all saw how a Big Least QB shredded you and your teammates. Maybe golf for you, something non-contact?
Red D
Senior Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum