Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoomTown, Gator Fever, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, Jabberdave, Maillot Jaune, MSNbot Media, Naples Gator, Sasquatch Gator, WobbleGator and 98 guests

Rex Ryan NOT fired - has Mark Sanchez tattoo

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Re: Rex Ryan NOT fired

Postby gatorJ » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:04 pm

oxrageous wrote:
rogdochar wrote:
oxrageous wrote:Knowing Rex, he's probably been b!tching to the owner all day that he should have input on the new GM and have more power, etc. - even after a disastrous year. No one thinks higher of themselves than Ryan (other than maybe Cam).

Perhaps the owner is changing his mind.

"Ox",you hit the truth-lever in pointing out that this is the span
where garble-gusher's tongue licks all reality opponents. With no
playing-results to constrain him ,"ye olde" Rex-Hex incantations can
run amok. He's picked up his brag-fire torch and the smoke screens
out the view that anything "Ryanized" is a puzzy-splat that cannot
torch anybody in the NFL ..... 'cept maybe an aspiring, inspiring
youngster sincerely pursuing a dream.

I read this 3 times before I finally got the gist of it. :lol:

You did better than me. I couldn't even begin to decipher that.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:46 pm

By the way, has anyone ever really thought about the owners name...Woody Johnson? :lol:

oxrageous

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:57 pm

oxrageous wrote:By the way, has anyone ever really thought about the owners name...Woody Johnson? :lol:

No.
Well, maybe...
Ok, immediately...

:embarrassed:

:lmao:

BOIIIINNGGGGG!!!!!
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:05 pm

I watched Beavis & Butthead as a young man for years in the early 90's. I listened to a particular piece of dialogue from the neighbor Mr. Anderson probably ten times before I got it. It went like this:

"All the old boys are gonna be there. Dick, Peter, Rod, Johnson. I even heard a rumor 'ol John Thomas is going to show up this year."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
oxrageous

Postby TN G8tr » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:27 pm

The J-O-K-E-S, uh, I mean Jets are getting exactly what they deserve. Now time for TT to move on and hopefully to a team that will whip Ryan's Fat AZZ next year. You know TT will be more than pumped for that game almost as much for the Horse Face and the Neck in Mile High.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby G8RNGA » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:13 pm

Not sure I understand this move.
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp Queen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:19 pm

G8RNGA wrote:Not sure I understand this move.

It's the Jets we're talking about....has anything they've done this year made sense??? :?
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby Ancient Reptile » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:29 pm

Double Gator Dad wrote:The Tebow situation with the Jets illustrates the hypocrisy of the league.
I watched the Redskins (How this mascot is allowed to remain is yet another example of the hypocrisy) and Cowboys game and listened to the announcers rave about the read option offense while the rest of the league denigrates the limitations of Tebow and the read option offense.

I guess if the QB is black (even if he is a cornball black per Rob Parker) the offense is acceptable and even innovative but if Tebow runs it, it is limited.

I , like everyone else, just want to see the Jets release him and then wait to see if there is one GM in the league of copycats that has the guts to actually give him a chance.

Hey jacksonville, this is your last chance to save the franchise or you can go ahead and initiate the move to LA. Your move.

You are absolutely correct, but I think you understate the hypocrisy. The announcers were gushing over the wonderful read option offense, and another talking head announced that "the spread option offense" was being adopted by more and more teams across the year. Last year when Tim ran it, it was amickey mouse HS offense that had NO chance of success in the NFL. These jerks with inflated salaries and egos have absolutely no sense of honesty or accountability.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:46 pm

Ancient Reptile wrote:You are absolutely correct, but I think you understate the hypocrisy. The announcers were gushing over the wonderful read option offense, and another talking head announced that "the spread option offense" was being adopted by more and more teams across the year. Last year when Tim ran it, it was amickey mouse HS offense that had NO chance of success in the NFL. These jerks with inflated salaries and egos have absolutely no sense of honesty or accountability.

So there you have it "Ancient", a new biting controversy for them to
fuss over. The "Year of the Dogs Chasing Their Tales". Nationally
broadcast, they should really rip into each other about not being a
real "Pro" NFL pundit, and hurting the ESPN franchise. Then they can
rip each other for not being a sincere team-player because they rip
each other. To keep his temper from completely exploding, Bayless
can push back from the table for Tebowing so as to not get vicious.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Class of '78 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:09 pm

Just to illustrate how effed up the situation is in New York, Ryan in this Daily News piece reportedly says he'd rather be fired if Jets owner Woody Johnson refused to throw lots of money at the team's offensive problems.

But wait. Didn't Johnson do just that when he threw $8 million guaranteed annual at Mark Sanchez last March? :lol:

This fish stinks from the head down.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:45 pm

They are $35 million over the salary cap so likely will not bring in any significant offensive upgrades next year. Sanchez will not have anyone willing to trade for him, nor is there any good free agent QBs out there that would want to go to that train wreck. They are definitely in jeopardy of being the worst team in the NFL next year.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby diehardg8r » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Double Gator Dad wrote:The Tebow situation with the Jets illustrates the hypocrisy of the league.
I watched the Redskins (How this mascot is allowed to remain is yet another example of the hypocrisy) and Cowboys game and listened to the announcers rave about the read option offense while the rest of the league denigrates the limitations of Tebow and the read option offense.

I guess if the QB is black (even if he is a cornball black per Rob Parker) the offense is acceptable and even innovative but if Tebow runs it, it is limited.

I , like everyone else, just want to see the Jets release him and then wait to see if there is one GM in the league of copycats that has the guts to actually give him a chance.

Hey jacksonville, this is your last chance to save the franchise or you can go ahead and initiate the move to LA. Your move.

This is spot on and it is about color being the issue.Seemingly, it's okay to run the read option if you have a black QB that everyone loves and you want him to be successful. Oh, and dont mention God or you are toast. I find it almost criminal how little credit they have given Luck at Indy, who clearly has less talent than either Griffin or Wilson, yet are in the playoffs with a better record. But the read option is about to be in trouble and the sheriff is named Clowney. And if teams are going to use the QB more as a RB in the offense then don't be throwing flags when they get their asses lit up, which is sure to happen the first time clowney lays a hit on one of them like he did today.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby Himey » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:47 pm

This has been stunning to say the least. They are so blantant in their double speak that it is like a pink elephant sitting in a room that everyone in the media is refusing to notice. Quite illustrative in my opinion.
Himey
All-American Gator

Postby crosscreekcooter » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:07 pm

rogdochar wrote: out the view that anything "Ryanized" is a puzzy-splat

I want to know what this is, I may have seen one once.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:20 pm

crosscreekcooter wrote:
rogdochar wrote: out the view that anything "Ryanized" is a puzzy-splat

I want to know what this is, I may have seen one once.

Ryan's spoken grandiose plans are like a woman's suborificial lugi...
... too evaporative into thin air for reporters to write them down
or 'rebleat' them.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

15 you never had a chance my man, its not your fault

Postby GolfinDawg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:47 am

Nice tattoo Rex.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GolfinDawg
Freshman Gator

Re: 15 you never had a chance my man, its not your fault

Postby Swamp82 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:07 am

Lol,
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Re: 15 you never had a chance my man, its not your fault

Postby phideltgator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:22 am

this guy has a loose screw...that's friggin weird.
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Re: Rex Ryan NOT fired - has Mark Sanchez tattoo

Postby oxrageous » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 am

oxrageous

Re: Rex Ryan NOT fired - has Mark Sanchez tattoo

Postby Rich Blackman » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:46 am

sanchez at his worst > tebow

rg3 is actually putting up points with the read option. he's faster, more athletic, slicker with the ball and they're doing much more with his skillset than tebow ever dreamed of doing. he also has amazing touch, accuracy and velocity which deters the defense from focusing on a single element

tebow sucked with the read option the entire game long. then either got bailed out by a defensive play, a player on the opposing team running out of bounds or a 60yd field goal. i'll give him the pass against the steelers (that thomas caught for 10 and ran the other 70). and i'll give him the comeback against the jets. so what. vince young had comebacks.

oh yea, there is no god
Rich Blackman
True Gator

PreviousNext

Return to Gatorsports Forum