Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, t-gator, Yahoo [Bot] and 59 guests

Background Information on Darrin Kitchens

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Background Information on Darrin Kitchens

Postby Plantation Gator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:23 am

Wow :exclaim: Can someone provide some background information on Mr. Kitchins. Him going out to the band when the rest of the Gators ran and hid after the game showed true loyalty, courage and heart.

He is more of a Gator than most.

Hope he goes far in life.
Plantation Gator
Freshman Gator

Re: Background Information on Darrin Kitchens

Postby NavetG8r » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:32 am

Background info? He's a Gator. That's all I care about. As for the rest of the team, and why they weren't there with him. I'd guess about half of them were no longer Gators before the game even started. The defense sure looked like they'd already left for the NFL.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby gatordad » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:18 am

My new favorite Gator.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby EtsuGator42 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 am

If anybody didn't see the article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html

Bet the coaching staff felt like crap when the asked him where he was.
EtsuGator42
Senior Gator

Postby DaddyGator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:55 am

What "In all kinds of weather" means. Thank you, Mr. Kitchens.
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorOnEnemyTurf » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:03 am

Wow
I saw this on the rolling headlines of Yahoo this morning as a lot of folks across the nation will be seeing it.
That is a man who carries pride .....with all the heat he still
had the courage and the passion to express himself in the most positive of ways .
Mr. Kitchens , you truly have my respect !
GatorOnEnemyTurf
True Gator

Postby Gator_Chompz » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 am

+1
Gator_Chompz
Baby Gator

Postby 8802gator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:43 am

It always rubbed me the wroong way that we only sing the alma mater after a win. Seems like that is sayin it is ok to have school pride, but only after a win. Hopefully this classy move by kitchens will prompt the coaches to change this.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby jand3k » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 am

Very well done, Sir!

"At the end of Florida victories, the team usually sticks around to sing the alma mater with the band.

But after Wednesday’s embarrassing 33-23 loss to Louisville in the Sugar Bowl, most Florida players couldn’t get off the field fast enough while others went to find their friends and family in the stands.

But one player stayed to sing his last fight song of the season.

Junior linebacker Darrin Kitchens ran over to the band section, held his helmet high and proudly sang the fight song. It didn’t matter that he was the only one standing alone while his other teammates ignored his gesture.

According to the participation report, Kitchens never played in the game. Yet he seemed to savor this final moment and I'm sure the band appreciated his participation."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/lone-florida-player-stays-sing-final-alma-mater-172044134--ncaaf.html
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby hawkeye » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Kudos to Mr. Kitchens! After the loss to Mississipi state in 11' , homecoming most of the team went over to the band to sing the alma mater. Urban bolted off the field like the fair weather Gator he turned out to be. My wife emailed foley every day for a week until the athletic department finally responded.
hawkeye
Baby Gator

Postby gatorspook » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:17 pm

hawkeye wrote:Kudos to Mr. Kitchens! After the loss to Mississipi state in 11' , homecoming most of the team went over to the band to sing the alma mater. Urban bolted off the field like the fair weather Gator he turned out to be. My wife emailed foley every day for a week until the athletic department finally responded.

The tradition is we celebrate after a win...only
gatorspook

Postby NVGator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm still surprised this didn't make the front of Gatorsports and we had to find it on Yahoo.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Ancient Reptile » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:20 pm

I saw Kitchens on the field. Surely he was playing. Participation report?
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby 8802gator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Ancient Reptile wrote:I saw Kitchens on the field. Surely he was playing. Participation report?

I saw him out there on defense.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby kwhunterufl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:48 pm

This is the same Gator that took a god-awful hit last year vs. FSU on a kickoff return. Kid has heart!

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbytes/2011/11/27/injury-updates-will-muschamp-says-darrin-kitchens-is-fine-after-scary-moment/
--------------------------------------------------------
The only 'fall colors' I need are orange and blue!
kwhunterufl
Senior Gator

Postby GatorBait25 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Ancient Reptile wrote:I saw Kitchens on the field. Surely he was playing. Participation report?

I saw him too/. Play that I recall was the pass in the flat to the back that got them to the one yard line it was 7-0 at the time. He was running to the left side of the field. I'm not sure if it was a blown assighment or not on his behalf or someone else. But the closest guy to the back in the flat was Easley. I cant imagine Quinn putting Easley in man to man and it wasn't a zone blitz.
GatorBait25
True Gator

Postby BSJGator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:54 pm

gatorspook wrote:
hawkeye wrote:Kudos to Mr. Kitchens! After the loss to Mississipi state in 11' , homecoming most of the team went over to the band to sing the alma mater. Urban bolted off the field like the fair weather Gator he turned out to be. My wife emailed foley every day for a week until the athletic department finally responded.

Spook, I don't consider singing the fight song after the game "celebrating" though I respect others decision to differ.

I think it shows the team's solidarity with the fans/band if they'd sing it after every game, especially since the band is playing if after the losses, too.
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Jbossgator9 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:56 pm

Definite kudos to him. He should start at least the first game next year just because of this. Our future is bright and we are ahead of schedule. Go Gators!!
Jbossgator9
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:58 pm

BSJGator wrote:
gatorspook wrote:

Spook, I don't consider singing the fight song after the game "celebrating" though I respect others decision to differ.

I think it shows the team's solidarity with the fans/band if they'd sing it after every game, especially since the band is playing if after the losses, too.

I agree BSJ. Do we still sing 'We are the boys' even if we're down 45 pts?

On a seperate note, when are we going to have to inject "Boys/Girls" into that song? :lol:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby PastyStoole » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Some interesting background on Kitchens from Gatorzone Bio:

Kitchens' father was a relentlessly self-improving lingerie salesman with low-grade narcolepsy and a panchant for buggery. His mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. Kitchens' father would womanize, drink, make outrageous claims like he had invented the question mark. Sometimes, his father would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. His childhood was pretty typical. Summers in Rangoon, louge lessons, in the spring his family would make meat helmets. When Kitchens' was insolent he was placed in a burlap sack and beaten with reeds. At the age of 12 he received his first scribe. At 13 he met an Austrian barber-surgeon named Wilma. She ritualistically shaved his testicles.
Last edited by PastyStoole on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
travy wrote:shove this article up your ass you mouthbreathing hick
PastyStoole
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum