Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MrSwampy, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests

Prediction:Max Staver Will Be The Best Gator QB Since Tebow!

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Prediction:Max Staver Will Be The Best Gator QB Since Tebow!

Postby MrAmbition2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Quick release, Accurate, Great awareness, RTG, Leadership Skills, Passionate About Being A Gator....I've met him before and I love his ambition!
MrAmbition2
Baby Gator

Re: Prediction:Max Staver Will Be The Best Gator QB Since Tebow!

Postby G8rnTtown » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:18 pm

He had better be quick. He has 1 year before Will Grier roles into Gtown, assuming Grier sticks with his verbal pledge.
G8rnTtown
Baby Gator

Postby NoGaGator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:22 pm

MrAmbition2 wrote:Quick release, Accurate, Great awareness, RTG, Leadership Skills, Passionate About Being A Gator....I've met him before and I love his ambition!

Hope you're right because he looked positively awful in his game on ESPNU about a month ago.
NoGaGator
All-American Gator

Postby Beauregard » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:25 pm

He wouldn't have to be too damn spectacular to earn the title you want to bestow upon him.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby mtn2top » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:50 pm

If we can take one lesson away from the past couple of years, do not compare any incoming Gator QB to Tim Tebow. It always ends in disappointment and unrealistic expectations because there will only be one Tebow.

It's a different era, with other coaches, players and a new offense.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby MatthewM. » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Never heard of him
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Homer J » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:17 pm

My prediction: He will take over for Trey Burton as the do it all guy and will never be an actual QB.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Some people said the same thing about John Brantley.

Let Max Staver play a real game first, or maybe 30 or so games, and then we'll decide.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby NoVa Gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:27 pm

I will give Max Staver the benificial of the doubt with just one NC. I am easy.
NoVa Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Beauregard wrote:He wouldn't have to be too damn spectacular to earn the title you want to bestow upon him.

You be itchin' for a *****', Beau. Let's see:

BAMA

1. Joe Namath
2. Ken Stabler
3. Jay Barker

FLORIDA

1. Steve Spurrier
2. Danny Wuerffel
3. Tim Tebow

I think we stack up well.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Class of '78 wrote:
Beauregard wrote:He wouldn't have to be too damn spectacular to earn the title you want to bestow upon him.

BAMA

1. Joe Namath
2. Ken Stabler
3. Jay Barker

FLORIDA

1. Steve Spurrier
2. Danny Wuerffel
3. Tim Tebow

A lot of people don't remember that Bart Starr played for Alabama. He was not such a great player at Bama where he played for Ears Whitworth probably the worst coach in Tide history, but Bart Starr sure had a long a storied career in the NFL for Vince Lombardi and the Green Bay Packers.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:23 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:

BAMA

1. Joe Namath
2. Ken Stabler
3. Jay Barker

FLORIDA

1. Steve Spurrier
2. Danny Wuerffel
3. Tim Tebow

A lot of people don't remember that Bart Starr played for Alabama. He was not such a great player at Bama where he played for Ears Whitworth probably the worst coach in Tide history, but Bart Starr sure had a long a storied career in the NFL for Vince Lombardi and the Green Bay Packers.

Yep, was a lot better in the NFL. Some other notable Bammers, Joe, that may have been forgotten:

Steve Sloan
Richard Todd
Pat Trammell
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Class of '78 wrote:
Okeechobee Joe wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:

BAMA

1. Joe Namath
2. Ken Stabler
3. Jay Barker

FLORIDA

1. Steve Spurrier
2. Danny Wuerffel
3. Tim Tebow

Yep, was a lot better in the NFL. Some other notable Bammers, Joe, that may have been forgotten:

Steve Sloan
Richard Todd
Pat Trammell

Pat Trammell is one of the legends of college football. Some people who have never heard of him will think I am kidding, but I am not.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:37 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:
Okeechobee Joe wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:

BAMA

1. Joe Namath
2. Ken Stabler
3. Jay Barker

FLORIDA

1. Steve Spurrier
2. Danny Wuerffel
3. Tim Tebow

Steve Sloan
Richard Todd
Pat Trammell

Pat Trammell is one of the legends of college football. Some people who have never heard of him will think I am kidding, but I am not.

Had a pretty impressive football and academic resume. Died much too young.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Beauregard » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:46 pm

BAMA

1. Joe Namath
2. Ken Stabler
3. Jay Barker

FLORIDA

1. Steve Spurrier
2. Danny Wuerffel
3. Tim Tebow

Now what does that comparison have to do with the best Florida QB in the post-Tebow era? Not a thing, that's what. But if I were going to name UA's top three QB's for a comparison I would have throw in Bart Starr (definitely somebody else) instead of Barker. Do that and the UF trio you mentioned had better college careers, but the UA group had much better pro careers - all QB'ing at least one Super Bowl champion.

And while I know a lot about Alabama and have ties there, I am really not a fan like you people are. Nothing about Alabama football is going to get me upset or excited. And I'm just as critical of the 14 national titles, the annoying sense of entitlement among the fans, Rammer Jammer, and other things like that as anyone on here.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Beauregard wrote:

BAMA

1. Joe Namath
2. Ken Stabler
3. Jay Barker

FLORIDA

1. Steve Spurrier
2. Danny Wuerffel
3. Tim Tebow

Now what does that comparison have to do with the best Florida QB in the post-Tebow era? Not a thing, that's what. But if I were going to name UA's top three QB's for a comparison I would have throw in Bart Starr (definitely somebody else) instead of Barker. Do that and the UF trio you mentioned had better college careers, but the UA group had much better pro careers - all QB'ing at least one Super Bowl champion.

And while I know a lot about Alabama and have ties there, I am really not a fan like you people are. Nothing about Alabama football is going to get me upset or excited. And I'm just as critical of the 14 national titles, the annoying sense of entitlement among the fans, Rammer Jammer, and other things like that as anyone on here.

Didn't have a thing to do with post-Tebow, but mission accomplished. :lol:

Disagree on Bart Starr. I think your assessment is influenced by his work as a Packer. Barker was better at the collegiate level.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:55 pm

Staver will be a great QB in my mind if he can sway his boy Jalen Ramsey to come with him to Gainesville.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Beauregard » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:38 am

Disagree on Bart Starr. I think your assessment is influenced by his work as a Packer. Barker was better at the collegiate level.

Starr, Stabler and Namath finished their college careers many years before I was born. I have no opinion on their careers beyond highlights (obviously everyone looks good in those) and a few facts.

But Barker... I saw Barker plenty. Barker benefitted from some great defensive play. He had something like 50 yards passing and an interception in the Miami national championship. The '92 team won in spite of him. The only time he really stepped up to the plate and was something of a baller was in '94. He did make some plays that year, but he wasn't a stud QB. Great leader and good guy, though. I give him props for that.

Bama's won with a lot of pedestrian QB's. If Saban ever lands an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning type (a future #1 pick) to go along with the RB's he always has and defenses he always has, it just won't be fair.

DW, TT and SS are a tough trio to beat, but pretty much the entirety of all Gator success revolves around those three players. Florida's won, what, two SEC titles and no national titles without one of those three on the roster? And if you include SS as a coach, then that number goes to zero.

Bama's won without Bryant; Bama's won without Saban; Bama's won without either one of them. Bama's won without Ingram, without Richardson, without whoever. Florida without the Holy Trinity? Nada! Not even an SEC title. Even Bill Curry and Mike DuBose won SEC titles at Bama.

Even though I don't consider myself Bama fan, it's fun arguing on behalf of the program because you have so much ammunition. So fire away if you want.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby Homer J » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:40 am

How did Max Staver being the best Gator QB thread turn to a Bama QB thread? Who in the heck cares about Bama QBs in the 1960s?
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby The RH Factor » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:43 am

Okeechobee Joe wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:

BAMA

1. Joe Namath
2. Ken Stabler
3. Jay Barker

FLORIDA

1. Steve Spurrier
2. Danny Wuerffel
3. Tim Tebow

Starr was also a 17th round draft pick and was MVP of two Super Bowls.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum