Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -THE DUDE-, bradgator2, CivilGator, Class of '78, Clawhammergator, gatormoe1, gatorpe, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, WobbleGator and 51 guests

Les Miserables

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Les Miserables

Postby old mossback gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:54 pm

I turned on my TV last night to watch the Sugar Bowl and Les Miserables was on instead.

At least Russell Crowe didn't sing the national anthem.

It was sad, I turned it off before intermission.
old mossback gator
Redshirt Gator

Re: Les Miserables

Postby GulfG8r » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:56 pm

old mossback gator wrote:I turned on my TV last night to watch the Sugar Bowl and Les Miserables was on instead.

At least Russell Crowe didn't sing the national anthem.

It was sad, I turned it off before intermission.

It was sadder -- I stuck around for the onsides kick to start the 2nd half.
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:00 pm

I stuck around for the interception in the end zone. Then I turned in.
oxrageous

Postby BSJGator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:03 pm

I switched over to something on the Military Channel at half time, can't remember if I flipped back. Wait, I did. In time to see the 2 x 15 yard penalties on the kick off of the second half. Then I threw up and went to bed... :cry:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby gatordad » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Painful from beginning to end. I saw all the scoring. Hit my thumb with a hammer...didn't' hurt quite so much then.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:05 pm

I'm a masochist, so I watched the entire game. :whipme2:
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby gatorspook » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:15 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:I'm a masochist, so I watched the entire game. :whipme2:

I was there until the end....ugh.
gatorspook

Postby Ancient Reptile » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:35 pm

A real fan takes the bad with the good. Watched it all. I consider it one of the worst Gator games ever. Maybe the worst. The kind of big hits that happen when we are playing LSU, UGA, etc., just made us look like arrogant, undisciplined bullies when playing a disciplined less talented team that carried out assignments in a business like manner. The last time I was this embarassed by a Gator FB team was in the mid-sixties when we played the Richmond Spiders. Think we eventually won that game.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Ancient Reptile wrote:A real fan takes the bad with the good. Watched it all. I consider it one of the worst Gator games ever. Maybe the worst. The kind of big hits that happen when we are playing LSU, UGA, etc., just made us look like arrogant, undisciplined bullies when playing a disciplined less talented team that carried out assignments in a business like manner. The last time I was this embarassed by a Gator FB team was in the mid-sixties when we played the Richmond Spiders. Think we eventually won that game.

How about losing to Memphis for Homecoming in 1988 (or was it 89 - one or the other)? Now THAT was embarrassing. BTW, I'm dismissing the entire 1979 season as just a lost cause, only counting years where we won some games.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby OllieGator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:41 pm

I watched until the end of the 3rd then came on here and followed the action through the game thread. It was MUCH more enjoyable that way.
Have a f ing Merry Christmas D bag!!!!
OllieGator
True Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:45 pm

oxrageous wrote:I stuck around for the interception in the end zone. Then I turned in.

Me, too. And I've never left game or turned off the TV up until now.

If we're going to continue the Driskel experiment next year, I think I'll just keep it off.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GulfG8r » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:16 pm

law98gator wrote:
oxrageous wrote:I stuck around for the interception in the end zone. Then I turned in.

Me, too. And I've never left game or turned off the TV up until now.

If we're going to continue the Driskel experiment next year, I think I'll just keep it off.

Kinda points to that way-overused definition of insanity, doesn't it?
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:23 pm

Musricht needs to keeps his fingers out of the offense. He doesn't have a clue about that side of the ball.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GulfG8r » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:31 pm

law98gator wrote:Musricht needs to keeps his fingers out of the offense. He doesn't have a clue about that side of the ball.

His defensive backs really sucked the big one too
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Yeah, I don't know what to think about that. We stayed base and played a bunch of zone early, so Strong picked on the backer covering the 4th receiver some and Poole some, but they beat our 1 corners a bunch, too.

I'm open for suggestions as to WTF happened. Couldn't see enough of it given the TV feed rarely showed coverages. Haven't heard any decent explanations as to why the secondary looked like dung.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby MassGator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:44 pm

SavannahGator wrote:
Ancient Reptile wrote:A real fan takes the bad with the good. Watched it all. I consider it one of the worst Gator games ever. Maybe the worst. The kind of big hits that happen when we are playing LSU, UGA, etc., just made us look like arrogant, undisciplined bullies when playing a disciplined less talented team that carried out assignments in a business like manner. The last time I was this embarassed by a Gator FB team was in the mid-sixties when we played the Richmond Spiders. Think we eventually won that game.

How about losing to Memphis for Homecoming in 1988 (or was it 89 - one or the other)? Now THAT was embarrassing. BTW, I'm dismissing the entire 1979 season as just a lost cause, only counting years where we won some games.

My Dad would take me to one gator game a year. We went to that Memphis game. I couldn't remember the team till this post.
Cape Cod - Home of the Florida Gators
MassGator
Freshman Gator

Postby NoVa Gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Les Miserables and Muschump let the SEC down this year by losing their bowl games.
NoVa Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Yup, from Champ to Musricht or Muschump in one game.

He'll get a chance to redeem himself next year.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Return to Gatorsports Forum