Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 17 guests

My two cents...for what it's worth.

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

My two cents...for what it's worth.

Postby diehardg8r » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:47 pm

Now that I have calmed down a bit from last night and had a chance to think about what happened, I have come to some conclusions about our perfromance. Most of the blame has to go to the coaches...no surprise.

First of all, I have no explanation for our defensive performance. After watching the way Teddy was shredding the secondary we should have brought alot more heat and taken chances that the pressure would have made him pull the trigger before he was ready. Other than that........ :?

As for our offense, this is really where I blame the staff. What we see in JD has to already be a known with the staff, particularly Pease. So whats the best method of approach? How about we line up with two TE, Joyer and Gilly and just pound the hell out of them with Jones filling in some for Mike. Yeah, I know we were down early but if we had gone in with that game plan, maybe we could have sparred ourselves the int. TD on the first play. It takes patience and a committment to do it but I think seeing what was in store for our D, it would have been the best way to counter their offense, by keeping Teddy on the sideline. I think we could have worn them down by the middle of the 3rd and hit some big runs and maybe even a pass or two.

That's been our ONLY offensive strength this year IMO. Certainly not JD throwing the ball. If they were trying to get him off early and into the game they should have let him run the ball on some options and draws. I agree that the QB position is a problem and will have to be addressed but for the purposes of winning last night, with what we had, I think that was our best option.

Feel free to take shots. :lol:
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Re: My two cents...for what it's worth.

Postby MatthewM. » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Your two cents are worthless as tits on a bull.

I was/am not even mad about last night. I cared just about as much as the players did. It was a meaningless exhibition game and I knew losing was a real possibility with the crew we have.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby diehardg8r » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:00 pm

So....your not mad about last night? Did you catch your GF smoking some strange meat cause you sure sound mad about something?
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Not mad. My girlfriend better not be smokin any strange meats unless she wants me to spend more time and money on my wife.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby diehardg8r » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 pm

:lol:
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:10 pm

MatthewM. wrote:Not mad. My girlfriend better not be smokin any strange meats unless she wants me to spend more time and money on my wife.

:lol:
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorBart » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:16 pm

diehardg8r wrote:Now that I have calmed down a bit from last night and had a chance to think about what happened, I have come to some conclusions about our perfromance. Most of the blame has to go to the coaches...no surprise.

First of all, I have no explanation for our defensive performance. After watching the way Teddy was shredding the secondary we should have brought alot more heat and taken chances that the pressure would have made him pull the trigger before he was ready. Other than that........ :?

As for our offense, this is really where I blame the staff. What we see in JD has to already be a known with the staff, particularly Pease. So whats the best method of approach? How about we line up with two TE, Joyer and Gilly and just pound the hell out of them with Jones filling in some for Mike. Yeah, I know we were down early but if we had gone in with that game plan, maybe we could have sparred ourselves the int. TD on the first play. It takes patience and a committment to do it but I think seeing what was in store for our D, it would have been the best way to counter their offense, by keeping Teddy on the sideline. I think we could have worn them down by the middle of the 3rd and hit some big runs and maybe even a pass or two.

That's been our ONLY offensive strength this year IMO. Certainly not JD throwing the ball. If they were trying to get him off early and into the game they should have let him run the ball on some options and draws. I agree that the QB position is a problem and will have to be addressed but for the purposes of winning last night, with what we had, I think that was our best option.

Feel free to take shots. :lol:

I find nothing to disagree with here - good breakdown of what the issues were last night. Going away from our running game was the biggest coaching issue that I saw, offensively. Playing soft on the WRs was the biggest defensive issue. We simply got out-coached. Hopefully Champ and staff will learn from it.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby diehardg8r » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:12 pm

And playing the safeties too deep. We certainly got out coached.
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby G8RNGA » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:16 pm

MatthewM. wrote:Not mad. My girlfriend better not be smokin any strange meats unless she wants me to spend more time and money on my wife.

:lmao:
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby Mus_champ11 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:29 pm

I agree totally. And Dont let Driskell throw the ball inside our own 20.

Although I wish Debose would have knocked that pass down instead
of up. Although its easy to criticize. Just a bad break on the play.

your points on offense and running the ball we spot on. Keep
Bridgewater on the sidelines. What ever happened to the slant throws
we used against FSU. (that 's petty on my part).

Time to put this behind us (except the coaches) and get ready for spring ball etc.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby FunnGun » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: This is your niche.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Orangeandblue15 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Yes I agree with everything you said and that the coaches didn't seem to care. Muschamp even looked calm until the penalty on the bench, but that's a long time for Muschamp not to yell at somebody. Also im not sure if I am the only one who noticed this, but did it seem like every other pass Bridgewater completed was to a WR that we had a linebacker covering? You would think eventually we would just blitz the linebackers since they weren't covering anyone anyway. And WTF was Watkins doing on that one TD... He was in great position, looked at the ball and then just tapped the receiver and watched him catch the ball when it looked like Watkins easily could have made a play on the ball.
Orangeandblue15
Baby Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum