Who is online

Users browsing this forum: emoryandhenry, Google [Bot], MSN NewsBlogs, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, WobbleGator and 56 guests

2013 Schedule

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

2013 Schedule

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:15 am

8/31 TOLEDO
9/7 at Miami
9/14 bye
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 ARKANSAS
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
10/26 bye
11/2 vs. Georgia
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

I'll say 9-3, definite losses at LSU and South Carolina, and we split UGA/FSU.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Re: 2013 Schedule

Postby GBHOR » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:18 am

gardnerwebbalumnigator wrote:8/31 TOLEDO
9/7 at Miami
9/14 bye
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 ARKANSAS
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
10/26 bye
11/2 vs. Georgia
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

Sounds about right considering some of the defensive losses and JD's lack of progress this season, even with a bad O line his decision making is suspect to say the least.
GBHOR
All-American Gator

Postby Kurtis Lowe » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:40 am

I'd say, this early, the game at LSU is the only one I wouldn't hang my hat on..

UF has a considerable amount of talent coming back and could weave into the SECCG. History has proven it's anybody's to win.

One thing is certain, it's going to be a long off season.
Because the ACC just doesn't prepare you.
Kurtis Lowe
All-American Gator

Postby UF_Cheme_Student » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:51 am

GBHOR wrote:
9/7 at Miami
9/14 bye
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 ARKANSAS
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
10/26 bye
11/2 vs. Georgia
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

Sounds about right considering some of the defensive losses and JD's lack of progress this season, even with a bad O line his decision making is suspect to say the least.

JD has all the physical tools but I don't think he has the mental ability to be the guy. He and Bridgewater could not be any more opposite. JD is very slow in his decision making and seems to lock onto the receiver. He has the ability to be successful qb when we are running it and playing ball control offense like we did much of the season. I don't think he has the ability to elevate the offense and take the game over, like we saw Bridgewater do. JD is kind of like JPW for Alabama in Saban's first two seasons. McElroy and McCarron both had the ability to elevate the bama offense and win a game passing it.
UF_Cheme_Student
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:04 am

9/7 at Miami
9/14 bye
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 ARKANSAS
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
10/26 bye
11/2 vs. Georgia
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

I'd actually say 9-4. I think we lose at Miami. Think about it... We play down to teams. We are an extremely overconfident bunch of kids and The Tie will have this game circled show their place in the state.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:24 pm

NVGator wrote:
9/7 at Miami
9/14 bye
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 ARKANSAS
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
10/26 bye
11/2 vs. Georgia
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

I'd actually say 9-4. I think we lose at Miami. Think about it... We play down to teams. We are an extremely overconfident bunch of kids and The Tie will have this game circled show their place in the state.

Since our fans stayed away en masse from New Orleans last night, will they help scUM to sell out their rented home for that game? If we lose to scUM, we have major issues.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Vatgator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:27 pm

I'm also concerned about scUM and also mizzou (it's away). If Murray goes pro, then maybe UGA ia W. Otherwise, 7-5 - 9-3 and the outback bowl.

If we lose to scUM, then the season's a disaster, especially ticket sales.

Who are the leaders next year on O and D?
Vatgator
True Gator

Postby gatordad » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:31 pm

The Miami game might be very entertaining. I just put it on the calendar and am seriously thinking about going to the game.

I had a great time in Tally this year with gatorson and this might be the perfect road trip.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:42 pm

gatordad wrote:The Miami game might be very entertaining. I just put it on the calendar and am seriously thinking about going to the game.

Yep, probably heading down there for that game as well. Tickets should be easy to come by and South Florida is a million times better than Tallacrappy.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby ltraz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:06 pm

11-1. Loss at LSU. Our D will be different, but just as everyone on this message board loves to do, people are looking at the losses and ignoring what you gain by having players w/ another year of experience. Can anyone name a USC DT...nope. Because outside pressure rules college football. Next year our two stud DEs are a year older and RoPo comes back from injury. Our CBs will be studs. Remember Haden and JJ's junior years...imagine if they had been juniors at the same time. If Easley comes back, we're fine at DT. Orr has continuously improved and Jacobs/Cummings will be very serviceable back-ups. I also expect a lot more 3-4 (after all he is a Sabanite) next year, which will drop a DT. Safety and MLB are the question marks, but our safeties really aren't asked to do too much.

As for our O, I count addition by subtraction. I can't believe Humphries didn't pass Nixon this year and I expect Green to get passed next year (or be motivated to improve enough to keep his spot). Our young TEs have another year and hopefully a light turns on for either JB or JB. Losing Gilly (and possibly Reed) are the big negatives, but I think we'll use for RBs to replace the productivity of 1 next year.

As for opponents...USC is mediocre. Was this year and will be next year. UGA loses their entire D...and is coached by Richt. FSU will have a new QB...and is coached by Dumbo. LSU will be very good, but their lack of aggressiveness on O will always make them beatable. Miami and Vandy are both well-coached, but we have more talent.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:02 pm

LSU is set up to lose a few on D. That's why Gilmore committed to them.

I think McMillian coming in, in the spring will help us a lot. He may take the MLB position from Taylor by the 4th game.

According to one of the articles this past week, Elam said that Poole was one of the most impressive DBs we have because he can play any position. Maybe Champ was trying to get him some time, ala Purifoy in the Gator Bowl last year.

I like next years team but the schedule scares me a bit. We get Vandy (off a bye) and USCw (off a bye) in back to back weeks.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby muddycorey » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:58 pm

NVGator wrote:
9/7 at Miami
9/14 bye
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 ARKANSAS
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
10/26 bye
11/2 vs. Georgia
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

I think either people are setting lower expectations for this team so that they don't have to feel disappointed, or they just don't see what is truly happening here.

Is Muschamp still a young head coach? Absolutely. His mentor Saban, was a head coach for six years (plus four years under Belichek), before he even began the re-creation of LSU football....it then took him 4 years to win a NC there. He then coached another couple of years before creating the juggernaut he has now.....and for all of those WM haters...he's following an eerily similar path of his mentor while he's been at Bama. 7-6 in year one....big turn around in year two with a surprising loss to Utah in the Sugar Bowl....you can look up what happened next.

Anyways....another year with our new Strength and Conditioning, another great recruiting class, another "full" season with the same offensive coordinator, and I believe a great addition of Joker Phillips to the staff (a steal if you ask me)....I would expect them to be just as strong and hopefully a little more mature.
muddycorey
Senior Gator

Postby NVGator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:07 am

muddycorey wrote:
NVGator wrote:
9/7 at Miami
9/14 bye
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 ARKANSAS
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
10/26 bye
11/2 vs. Georgia
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

I think either people are setting lower expectations for this team so that they don't have to feel disappointed, or they just don't see what is truly happening here.

Is Muschamp still a young head coach? Absolutely. His mentor Saban, was a head coach for six years (plus four years under Belichek), before he even began the re-creation of LSU football....it then took him 4 years to win a NC there. He then coached another couple of years before creating the juggernaut he has now.....and for all of those WM haters...he's following an eerily similar path of his mentor while he's been at Bama. 7-6 in year one....big turn around in year two with a surprising loss to Utah in the Sugar Bowl....you can look up what happened next.

Anyways....another year with our new Strength and Conditioning, another great recruiting class, another "full" season with the same offensive coordinator, and I believe a great addition of Joker Phillips to the staff (a steal if you ask me)....I would expect them to be just as strong and hopefully a little more mature.

You are leaving out major flaws we have.
1. A QB with the passing threat.
2. A composed and focused team.
3. A team mentality
4. Leaders of the team.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby GBHOR » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:09 am

ltraz wrote:11-1. Loss at LSU. Our D will be different, but just as everyone on this message board loves to do, people are looking at the losses and ignoring what you gain by having players w/ another year of experience. Can anyone name a USC DT...nope. Because outside pressure rules college football. Next year our two stud DEs are a year older and RoPo comes back from injury. Our CBs will be studs. Remember Haden and JJ's junior years...imagine if they had been juniors at the same time. If Easley comes back, we're fine at DT. Orr has continuously improved and Jacobs/Cummings will be very serviceable back-ups. I also expect a lot more 3-4 (after all he is a Sabanite) next year, which will drop a DT. Safety and MLB are the question marks, but our safeties really aren't asked to do too much.

As for our O, I count addition by subtraction. I can't believe Humphries didn't pass Nixon this year and I expect Green to get passed next year (or be motivated to improve enough to keep his spot). Our young TEs have another year and hopefully a light turns on for either JB or JB. Losing Gilly (and possibly Reed) are the big negatives, but I think we'll use for RBs to replace the productivity of 1 next year.

As for opponents...USC is mediocre. Was this year and will be next year. UGA loses their entire D...and is coached by Richt. FSU will have a new QB...and is coached by Dumbo. LSU will be very good, but their lack of aggressiveness on O will always make them beatable. Miami and Vandy are both well-coached, but we have more talent.

Valid points but our Offense is its own worst enemy, more so than opposing defenses. Our QB situation is the major ? IMO. USC defense will be young but the offense will remain mostly intact especially at the skill positions and O line. Maybe they lose 3 starters and none on O line, we all know what the OBC can do plus we will be on the road, but thats why they play the games.
:D Go Gators
GBHOR
All-American Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:09 am

NVGator wrote:
muddycorey wrote:
NVGator wrote:
9/7 at Miami
9/14 bye
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 ARKANSAS
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
10/26 bye
11/2 vs. Georgia
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

3. A team mentality
4. Leaders of the team.

3 of these can really be corrected in the offseason don't you think?

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby GBHOR » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:13 am

Swamp Queen wrote:
NVGator wrote:
muddycorey wrote:
NVGator wrote:
9/7 at Miami
9/14 bye
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 ARKANSAS
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
10/26 bye
11/2 vs. Georgia
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

3. A team mentality
4. Leaders of the team.

Yes, but that one is a killer.
GBHOR
All-American Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:16 am

GBHOR wrote:
Swamp Queen wrote:
NVGator wrote:
muddycorey wrote:
NVGator wrote:
9/7 at Miami
9/14 bye
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 ARKANSAS
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
10/26 bye
11/2 vs. Georgia
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

3. A team mentality
4. Leaders of the team.

Yes, but that one is a killer.

It will be tough but I'm not ready to give up on 2013 yet. I'm looking forward to it!

Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby NVGator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:16 am

Swamp Queen wrote:
NVGator wrote:
muddycorey wrote:
NVGator wrote:
9/7 at Miami
9/14 bye
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 ARKANSAS
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
10/26 bye
11/2 vs. Georgia
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

3. A team mentality
4. Leaders of the team.

Yes, and generally I'd say easily. But not this team. We didn't take 1 step back last night, or two steps. We took multiple steps back.

I was more accepting with the composure unraveling last night with the team, but once Muschamp regressed to 2011 Fall games and his tirades in the 2nd half, I think it will be very difficult.
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:31 am

NVGator wrote:
Swamp Queen wrote:
NVGator wrote:
muddycorey wrote:
NVGator wrote:
9/7 at Miami
9/14 bye
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 ARKANSAS
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
10/26 bye
11/2 vs. Georgia
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

3. A team mentality
4. Leaders of the team.

Yes, and generally I'd say easily. But not this team. We didn't take 1 step back last night, or two steps. We took multiple steps back.

I was more accepting with the composure unraveling last night with the team, but once Muschamp regressed to 2011 Fall games and his tirades in the 2nd half, I think it will be very difficult.

If that's how you want to look at next season then that's ok. I'm going to see how we actually play next season before I say anything drastic.

Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby NVGator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:46 am

Swamp Queen wrote:
NVGator wrote:
Swamp Queen wrote:
NVGator wrote:
muddycorey wrote:
NVGator wrote:
9/7 at Miami
9/14 bye
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 ARKANSAS
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
10/26 bye
11/2 vs. Georgia
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

3. A team mentality
4. Leaders of the team.

If that's how you want to look at next season then that's ok. I'm going to see how we actually play next season before I say anything drastic.

Indeed and I admire that. I'll wait till we face adversity in the moment and see how we adapt.
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum