Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], The RH Factor and 30 guests

Driskell vs. Bridgewater

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Driskell vs. Bridgewater

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:24 am

Tonight highlighted why a passing QB who can strike deep and stress a defense.

It also highlighted why you should never have a mouthbreather as your QB. Move to slot receiver, Driskell. It's your only hope for the NFL. Someone needed to tell you.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Re: Driskell vs. Bridgewater

Postby Beauregard » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:29 am

It also highlighted why you should never have a mouthbreather as your QB.

Why phrase it that way?
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:30 am

Fvkk off, bammer. I really don't care if you and Driskell are brothers in the international order of shiiity qbs.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Beauregard » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:35 am

law98gator wrote:Fvkk off, bammer. I really don't care if you and Driskell are brothers in the international order of shiiity qbs.

Just don't understand why a so-called fan would call a player who works hard and (as far as I know) does the right things a name like that. Driskell didn't play well and maybe isn't the caliber QB UF needs to reach the top. That's really all that needs to be said.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 am

We tried to tell them all year, law.

gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:37 am

I don't know why a fan of another team would hang out on a sports board.

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Beauregard » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:40 am

law98gator wrote:I don't know why a fan of another team would hang out on a sports board.

Well, I guess someone has to take up for a UF player whose worst crime is not playing well. It happens to everyone sometimes. And maybe the guy isn't the answer at QB, but I don't think he should be ridiculed for it. Give him a break.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby GatorStud » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:44 am

Can't execute a slant; can't defend a slant... it's been a Gator quandary this year.
GatorStud
Head Ball Coach

Postby g8trs99 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:46 am

Well, Driskell played better than Nixon, who could not block #91 at all. But go ahead and waste more threads, becasue Driskell will be QB next year.
g8trs99
True Gator

Postby rogdochar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 am

Perhaps, in all truth, Driskel is a baseball athlete.
He hits scorching line drives, throws on a rope and
speed to chase flies and turn an extra base.

Still, the guy that couldn't beat him out isn't gonna be the answer.
Not with this supporting cast. Who is the QB Coach 'cause he could
not train Driskel to play right, nor Brissett to exceed Driskel. :cool:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:59 am

Maybe you just weren't mentally tough enough for football.

Ever consider tennis?

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby ltraz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:03 am

law98gator wrote:Tonight highlighted why a passing QB who can strike deep and stress a defense.

It also highlighted why you should never have a mouthbreather as your QB. Move to slot receiver, Driskell. It's your only hope for the NFL. Someone needed to tell you.

1) By 'mouthbreather' do you mean someone that lacks intelligence? 2) What does your 1st sentence mean?
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:04 am

Law, this entire team got curb stomped by a BIG Least team. You know, a team that's as bad as a team from The WAC. :lol:

This was awful. Our QB can't make a read on the D nor our defense stop a decent passing game.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Tunaboat » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:09 am

law98gator wrote:Maybe you just weren't mentally tough enough for football.

Ever consider tennis?

Look guys, we just got punked by a big east team. We are superior to that team talent-wise in every respect. The Gators were not ready to play football tonight and it was every damn one of them, right down to the punter. We stunk up the field, flat out sucked. Driskell was not good but nobody else was either. We got behind so fast the Gilly couldn't be used effectively. Both lines got dominated by the BIG EAST. Are you sh@tting me? Champ better take this seriously, the bloom is off the rose of the fsu win. We are back to suckage on the national stage because we could not take care of business against an inferior opponent.
What do YOU know? Albert Einstein's wife
Tunaboat
Freshman Gator

Postby Beauregard » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:11 am

law98gator wrote:Maybe you just weren't mentally tough enough for football.

Ever consider tennis?

Just don't see why anyone would stoop to name-calling over a kid who works hard, plays hard, and seems to do the right things. And I feel that way about any player on any team. So it just kinda puzzles me when it's a player on a team that you supposedly support.

If JD isn't the answer at QB, then he's not. But he was offered a scholarship to a great school and program, took it, and is doing what he can. Can't say I blame him for any of that.

I think you might take your fandom a little too seriously.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby Gator_Machine » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:13 am

Let me start by

I was very impressed by the quarterback play of Teddy Bridgewater. Bridgewater showed great poise & guts (after taking that vicious hit by Bostic early in the game but still played with great determination) while evading the gator defense. Very impressed by the accuracy of his throws - some of those fade passes reminded me of Chris Leak & Danny Wuerfel. The throws that he was making to his open receivers were on the money all night long. Bridgewater has a chance to be a future Heisman winner if he can continue to lead Louisville to another big season. Congratulations to Charlie Strong on having his team so prepared for the Sugar Bowl; it was a great win for your team, Louisville.
Gator_Machine
Freshman Gator

Postby Gator_Machine » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:19 am

rogdochar wrote:Perhaps, in all truth, Driskel is a baseball athlete.
He hits scorching line drives, throws on a rope and
speed to chase flies and turn an extra base.

Still, the guy that couldn't beat him out isn't gonna be the answer.
Not with this supporting cast. Who is the QB Coach 'cause he could
not train Driskel to play right, nor Brissett to exceed Driskel. :cool:

That's a great point. :)
Driskel seems to be more suited to be a pitcher on a baseball team than as a serviceable quarterback. He has no touch on his passes; especially, that first errant pass to a wide open Debose only to be intercepted by Louisville. I don't think that FLorida ever recovered from that mishap!
Gator_Machine
Freshman Gator

Postby ccsdk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:13 am

Mechanically and talent wise Driskel is fine but that third element (football intelligence) he doesn't have. You CAN'T telegraph a throw and lock on him a receiver right from the snap. Watch the better QB's, they don't give away where they are going. He is like a Robot, stiff and mechanical. Good QB's have to be fluid, relaxed, confident and un-predictable. Driskel does not have that skill and I doubt he ever will. Its an innate behavior.
Time to open up the competition for the position.
ccsdk
Senior Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:24 am

Driskel is no more of a QB than Denard Robinson or Jordan Jefferson were. Once they figure that out and put him at another position we can at least more on to finding a real QB.

Our defense will not be lights out next year. We'll need a QB for more than killing the clock.

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby williston_gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:34 am

g8trs99 wrote:Well, Driskell played better than Nixon, who could not block #91 at all. But go ahead and waste more threads, becasue Driskell will be QB next year.

He did seem to be running for his life which is probably why he threw early a few times. This will be a critical offseason for him and the new and hopefully improved oline.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum