Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gardnerwebbalumnigator, GatorBart, Gatorious, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, RebelGator and 60 guests

Don't be fooled by 11-1

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Don't be fooled by 11-1

Postby G8rEd » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:58 am

We are an 8-4 team pretending to be an11-1 team. Pease stinks, and Driskel stinks.
G8rEd
Baby Gator

Re: Don't be fooled by 11-1

Postby jagator0 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:00 am

You are what your record is. This team made some big strides this year. Before the season I would have taken 8-4 and ran. So even if you're right, I'm not complaining.
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Postby BSJGator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:04 am

G8rEd wrote:We are an 8-4 team pretending to be an11-1 team. Pease stinks, and Driskel stinks.

No disrespect to your avatar, but you're underestimating the heart these guys have shown all year.
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby MeyerRules » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:06 am

Louisville just wanted it more than us tonight. We were flat and got dominated in all areas of the game. We need some playmakers on offense it is just to much to ask a team to continue to score on 15 play drives. Not sure where this team is headed depending on who leaves but our offense leaves a lot to be desired! We had a GREAT season in my opinion I would have never guessed we would have finished 11-1. They surpassed all my expectations during the regular season. It's is just a shame they came totally unprepared for this game.
MeyerRules
Senior Gator

Postby L-Boy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:11 am

I'm disappointed, but not totally shocked. This team had great moments against top team, but needed a miracle to win the homecoming game. The offense mostly sucked, but that isn't shocking. More disappointing is how the Louisville offense moved the ball up and down the field.
L-Boy
Gatorsports Legend

Postby jagator0 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:14 am

This happens in bowl games. You don't play for a month. They listen to all the "experts" telling everybody that this game is a no-brainer. Our guys are hearing it too. Not that surprising really. When you give up a quick score to start the game off and then another one to start the second half off, you basically spotted them two touchdowns. You can't do that with a "pound the ground and play defense" kind of team.

Things that need to happen before next season. We need a better O-Line. We need better QB play. And we have got to do something about all the damn penalties. We could have been back in the game if not for bogging down in the red zone when it was 14-0 because of two stupid penalties. The on-sides kick didn't work, but to then give them another 30 yards in penalties on top of that? That's just stupid. That needs to be cleaned up.

But all in all, I'd rather be where we are this year than where we were last year coming off a bowl win over the Bucknuts.
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Postby mrgator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 am

I can appreciate your anger after what the gators showed tonight but if anything you should say don't be fooled by 33-23. I give all kinds of credit to Louisville because they showed they have the talent to compete against any team based on what I saw tonight. I also know that a single game means very little when trying to decipher an entire team's season. Does anyone sit there and think that Utah was the better team than Bama just because they beat them in one game? Hardly.

I think UL is a great team but I'm not going to let 11-2 become some ugly thing all of a sudden just because I'm angry with the way the gators played 1 game.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby EtsuGator42 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 am

MeyerRules wrote:Louisville just wanted it more than us tonight. We were flat and got dominated in all areas of the game. We need some playmakers on offense it is just to much to ask a team to continue to score on 15 play drives. Not sure where this team is headed depending on who leaves but our offense leaves a lot to be desired! We had a GREAT season in my opinion I would have never guessed we would have finished 11-1. They surpassed all my expectations during the regular season. It's is just a shame they came totally unprepared for this game.

Agreed, We just dug ourselves in too much of a hole. I thought we played decent in the second half but whenever we got something going we just shot ourselves in the foot. We basically spotted them 14 points, take those away and entire different game.
EtsuGator42
Senior Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:19 am

Northern Illinois and Florida State were both better prepared than UF tonight, and they both reek of ass.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby SavannahGator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:26 am

mrgator wrote:I can appreciate your anger after what the gators showed tonight but if anything you should say don't be fooled by 33-23. I give all kinds of credit to Louisville because they showed they have the talent to compete against any team based on what I saw tonight. I also know that a single game means very little when trying to decipher an entire team's season. Does anyone sit there and think that Utah was the better team than Bama just because they beat them in one game? Hardly.

I think UL is a great team but I'm not going to let 11-2 become some ugly thing all of a sudden just because I'm angry with the way the gators played 1 game.

I've made that point several times. Utah exposed Bama in that Sugar Bowl, and Saban used that to lead to two NCs. I'm not predicting NCs for Muschamp, but this happened to Bama, it happened to us, and it's gonna happen again to someone else in the future.

Our players and coaches have to learn from this game and move forward. We still have the nucleus of a great team going forward, but a lot has to happen in the off season.

One thing is certain. Muschamp has said that Jeff is the starting QB going into the spring. I'm not so sure, and I think Jacoby should think 2x about transferring to another school.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8rEd » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:26 am

BSJGator wrote:
G8rEd wrote:We are an 8-4 team pretending to be an11-1 team. Pease stinks, and Driskel stinks.

No disrespect to your avatar, but you're underestimating the heart these guys have shown all year.

I can't help but think they believed their press clippings here. Charlie Strong had his guys SO ready.
Last edited by G8rEd on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
G8rEd
Baby Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:28 am

SavannahGator wrote:
mrgator wrote:I can appreciate your anger after what the gators showed tonight but if anything you should say don't be fooled by 33-23. I give all kinds of credit to Louisville because they showed they have the talent to compete against any team based on what I saw tonight. I also know that a single game means very little when trying to decipher an entire team's season. Does anyone sit there and think that Utah was the better team than Bama just because they beat them in one game? Hardly.

I've made that point several times. Utah exposed Bama in that Sugar Bowl, and Saban used that to lead to two NCs. I'm not predicting NCs for Muschamp, but this happened to Bama, it happened to us, and it's gonna happen again to someone else in the future.

Our players and coaches have to learn from this game and move forward. We still have the nucleus of a great team going forward, but a lot has to happen in the off season.

One thing is certain. Muschamp has said that Jeff is the starting QB going into the spring. I'm not so sure, and I think Jacoby should think 2x about transferring to another school.

My expectations for next season will drop drastically if Jeff remains the starter headed into next season.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby ltraz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:54 am

This thread is idiotic. We went 11-1 with the hardest schedule in the country. We are exactly what every real gator fan thinks...a tough team that stuck together through a few very hard games when many other teams (and including past UF teams with more talent) would have folded. And luckily, a team that had way more faith in themselves than most posters here or we would have quit in the 1st quarter of half our games.

OP, I think you stink and while we're going with the unfair name calling, I think your dog stinks too.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby Gouryella » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:25 am

11-2 is amazing with the handicapped offense we have. We lose a lot on defense. We may want to temper expectations. Our d line is in trouble.
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby Tunaboat » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:47 am

Gouryella wrote:11-2 is amazing with the handicapped offense we have. We lose a lot on defense. We may want to temper expectations. Our d line is in trouble.

Based on tonight's performance I doubt we lose much.
What do YOU know? Albert Einstein's wife
Tunaboat
Freshman Gator

Postby Jbossgator9 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:11 am

You are a disgrace of a Gator fan if you even are a fan at all of the Gators. Our record says 11-2. Sorry but YOU can't take away those wins. This has been a great season and Muschamp has this program AHEAD of schedule. We are who we are and that is 11-2 and a TOP TEN team and will be a TOP TEN team next year. YOU LOSE, Gators WIN. Go Gators!!
Jbossgator9
Heisman Gator

Postby ccsdk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:34 am

This one was hard to watch especially now when my FSU friends are going to hammer me. I do think Pease is a really good coordinator and I wonder how much better we would have been this year with a really good QB. Lets open up the position to more competition. I think we can do better.
ccsdk
Senior Gator

Postby Looneyg8r » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:13 am

I Have No Friends :( wrote:
SavannahGator wrote:

My expectations for next season will drop drastically if Jeff remains the starter headed into next season.

We won 11 games this year running the ball and committing few turnovers (on offense) No reason to think that we cant do the same next year. Lets not forget that Driskel is only a soph, and that none of us were complaining about him after the game at College Station or the game at Tennessee...and to a lesser degree, the game at Ron Zook Field.
Looneyg8r
Senior Gator

Postby mtn2top » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:05 pm

It just goes to show the slight margin of error that this team operated under all season. There were a couple of games against other over matched teams that could have very easily resulted in a loss.

Looking at the entire season, it was a remarkable year considering what was expected by most pundits. Based on just last night, very disappointing to never be the game and end up losing to an underdog by double a two TD spread.

It's unfortunate but understandable that the effort and outcome of the last game weighs so heavily on the perception of the fans and media as to the progress of the Gator program. It's a negativity about our program that will lay around rotting for months and into next season. The truth lies somewhere in between and favors the positive.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum