Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gatorjim, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, Jabberdave, Maillot Jaune, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 64 guests

Let's All Be Honest.....

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Let's All Be Honest.....

Postby ncargat1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:44 am

Driskel was exposed tonight. I have defended him all year, but the truth is he is a really bad QB that has not improved in any of the areas a QB needs to be good in. He can not read a defense, he does not even attempt to go through a progression, he holds the ball way to f'n long, and decides where he is throwing before the snap. It is the same crap from the start of the year, and he not shown one bit of improvement.

Yet another kid who wants to run because it looks cool, but refuses to learn how to play QB.

He sure did not lose this game by himself, but he really did not demonstrate any ability to play QB.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Re: Let's All Be Honest.....

Postby diehardg8r » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:45 am

Yep. Open it up in the spring
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby WestSideGata » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 am

Please Brissett don't leave. The guy is a pure passer, I don't care if he can't run. Danny Wuerffel couldn't run either.
WestSideGata
True Gator

Postby WestSideGata » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 am

and this talk about Driskel being better than Tebow...are you kidding? That is simply ignorant. Look at the stats for the two in their sophomore years.
WestSideGata
True Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:00 am

WestSideGata wrote:Please Brissett don't leave. The guy is a pure passer, I don't care if he can't run. Danny Wuerffel couldn't run either.

I've been thinking the same thing. Brissett has a quicker release than Driskel. Driskel just waits waaaay too long to throw it. And then he gets sacked.

I don't know if we could've won this, but Driskel's inability to release it quickly didn't help. And our D was just awful.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Kilzyo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:07 am

Driskel started and won the position this year on his wheels, which he still has. He's an AWFUL QB!!!!!!!!!
Kilzyo
True Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:10 am

Kilzyo wrote:Driskel started and won the position this year on his wheels, which he still has. He's an AWFUL QB!!!!!!!!!

I dont think he ever truly won it - the coaches just decided to go with him without giving Brissett a real chance.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby DaddyGator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:12 am

WestSideGata wrote:Please Brissett don't leave. The guy is a pure passer, I don't care if he can't run. Danny Wuerffel couldn't run either.

Exactomondo. Why do we need a running QB?
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8R » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:12 am

I usually sit and read everyone's posts after losses and chuckle with the "sky is falling" comments... but i totally agree that driskel is not as good as advertised. Play calling wasn't great, offensive line was horrible, receivers lack talent, and there was no emotion. In the end i lay this on driskel. he is not a leader and is just flat out horrendous as a passing qb.
TN G8R
Redshirt Gator

Postby catsigator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:13 am

WestSideGata wrote:and this talk about Driskel being better than Tebow...are you kidding? That is simply ignorant. Look at the stats for the two in their sophomore years.

No Drisell is not better than Tebow, and never will be.

That said, he'd do better in an Urban Meyer offense than he does in this one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"'All things are lawful,' but not all things are helpful."
catsigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby L-Boy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:18 am

ncargat1 wrote:Driskel was exposed tonight. I have defended him all year, but the truth is he is a really bad QB that has not improved in any of the areas a QB needs to be good in. He can not read a defense, he does not even attempt to go through a progression, he holds the ball way to f'n long, and decides where he is throwing before the snap. It is the same crap from the start of the year, and he not shown one bit of improvement.

Yet another kid who wants to run because it looks cool, but refuses to learn how to play QB.

He sure did not lose this game by himself, but he really did not demonstrate any ability to play QB.

Generally agree. He probably would have been more suited for an Urban Meyer spread/option offense - run first, pass second. He rarely steps up in the pocket. What is most disappointing is how he hasn't progressed in passing fundamentals. Holds the ball too long. Rarely steps up in the pocket. Stares down the same receiver, etc.

There was almost no production this year from the WR's. Not sure how much of that was the WR's and how much was Driskel

With experience, he could still be a serviceable QB, if he works on his decision making, but he isn't good enough to carry the team.
L-Boy
Gatorsports Legend

Postby finchmeister08 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:19 am

What about that guy pease is recruiting at qb?
finchmeister08
Freshman Gator

Postby fivefiveninegator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:19 am

I hate being a sports fan sometimes
fivefiveninegator
Baby Gator

Postby L-Boy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 am

DaddyGator wrote:

Exactomondo. Why do we need a running QB?

I think the judgment was last year we had no passing offense with either, and with weak WR core, it is better to have some running ability than nothing at all.
L-Boy
Gatorsports Legend

Postby wuerffelball7 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 am

That said, he'd do better in an Urban Meyer offense than he does in this one.[/quote]

+1

...and we all know who recruited him.

I think that the starting QB position will be wide open. ESPECIALLY if the O-line is better - as Pease says it's going to be. They needed Driskel's wheels this year, but they won't next year unless the O-line is terrible again.
wuerffelball7
Senior Gator

Postby Beauregard » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 am

Sure is a different tune on this board.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:21 am

Took some of you long enough to see it. As law98gator and I have been saying all season:

gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby GatorJay26 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:25 am

I think allot of us have been saying this. I've wanted to see brissett all year! Maybe he is supposedly staying and not transferring because he sees driskel in practice...

Also, MatthewM I am curious to hear your reaction to this and how poor he looked..
GatorJay26
True Gator

Postby travy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:26 am

I Have No Friends :( wrote:Took some of you long enough to see it. As law98gator and I have been saying all season:

some of us are glass half full sports fans. yano, don't always assume the worst from the start. makes life a bit more fun, but yeah, YOU WERE RIGHT!
travy
True Gator

Postby WestSideGata » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:27 am

Is our offense really going to be that much better next year? Same running backs, same receivers, plus losing people. How in the world is this offense going to be better, unless one of the freshman is an absolute beast.
WestSideGata
True Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum