Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 205Gator, divits888, gatorJ, Gatornation561, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, ockgator, WobbleGator and 38 guests

Pease Offense

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Pease Offense

Postby Agent Blue » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:37 pm

After the Addazio era and the Weis experience, Florida is finally going to have the same OC for for the first time in some years. How much of a difference do you think that it'll make for the 2013 Gators? What kind of progress are we looking at?
Agent Blue
Baby Gator

Re: Pease Offense

Postby GatorKen » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Hopefully we'll see signs of the forward pass return to UF. They keep blaming the WRs and the OL. Well Next year we hear that the OL should be greatly improved from the OL that helped us with a 1,000 yard back. And We are getting 4-5 Wrs in this class plus the WRs who stay on, including those recruited by Champ and Pease last year, so eventually if they continue to blame the WRs for the lack of the forward pass we'll come to understand our coaches are crap recruiters because they picked these kids to be the missing pieces.

But ultimately I expect us to be better all around, spread the ball around a lot more like we did early in the season when Driskel was looking like a star on the fast track. We should have the players to run a very dynamic and creative offense that mixes the run and the pass well. And with the addition of Joker I expect the WRs to develop and focus much better than they have before.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby Agent Blue » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:04 pm

I expect Driskel to improve enough to garner some Heisman hype for the 2014 season. I think he'll be a real player for the Heisman in the 2014 season.
Agent Blue
Baby Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Agent Blue wrote:I expect Driskel to improve enough to garner some Heisman hype for the 2014 season. I think he'll be a real player for the Heisman in the 2014 season.

We are a running team. We'll always be a running team while Muschamp is here. QB's of running teams don't get considered for the Heisman unless they're running the triple option like Tommy Frazier did at Nebraska.

Being the QB of one of the worst offenses in college football won't put you on any Heisman lists. Driskel is nothing more than a game manager in a big, athletic body with a cannon arm.

Now, Kelvin Taylor or Adam Lane? One of them might have a chance at the Heisman.

Of course I hope I'm dead wrong about the above, but I'm having a hard time believing that Muschamp will ever unleash the offense to the level needed in order for Driskel to win the Heisman.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby DCflorida » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Agent Blue wrote:After the Addazio era and the Weis experience, Florida is finally going to have the same OC for for the first time in some years. How much of a difference do you think that it'll make for the 2013 Gators? What kind of progress are we looking at?

Means the difference between finishing #2 and #1 in the nation.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Evolution happens my friends. Gators meet a team with just the
needed player matchups to thwart our run-game (at least in that
tight red-zone). That's when the passing of the QB takes over, has
to be relied on. Suppose that 11 TD's/game kid is Champ's QB then.

What's great about being in the SEC, is that every team must develop
both run-game/pass game to their best ability, just to survive.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby mtn2top » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:25 pm

There's much to be gained by the team by just having the same offense, coordinator and system for another year. We won't have to wait for next year to see some progress. The extra practices for the Sugar Bowl will result in a better passing game in this last contest.

An offense is a sum of all the parts and how well they mesh together. Next year we should see better and more consistent execution, especially with the offensive line and QB, which is the foundation for all else.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:50 pm

Agent Blue wrote:I expect Driskel to improve enough to garner some Heisman hype for the 2014 season. I think he'll be a real player for the Heisman in the 2014 season.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's Agent Drew!!!!
I'll be greatly surprised if he learns to stop "scrambling" backwards and to throw the ball out of bounds instead of taking the sack.

Baby steps.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby ltraz » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:53 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:

We are a running team. We'll always be a running team while Muschamp is here. QB's of running teams don't get considered for the Heisman unless they're running the triple option like Tommy Frazier did at Nebraska.

Being the QB of one of the worst offenses in college football won't put you on any Heisman lists. Driskel is nothing more than a game manager in a big, athletic body with a cannon arm.

Now, Kelvin Taylor or Adam Lane? One of them might have a chance at the Heisman.

Of course I hope I'm dead wrong about the above, but I'm having a hard time believing that Muschamp will ever unleash the offense to the level needed in order for Driskel to win the Heisman.

Stanford was a running team and Luck got pretty close. If we win out and JD scores in the red zone he'll at least get votes. I'm not saying he will or will not be one of the best players in the country, just that he'll get votes the same way Te'o did this year.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby shortcast » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:58 pm

My only concern if any is more immediate....like how will this layoff effect our timing :question:
"Apparently, I'm supposed to be more angry about what Mitt Romney does with his money than what Barack Obama does with mine." David Burge Iowa Blog
shortcast
Senior Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:50 pm

law98gator wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's Agent Drew!!!!
I'll be greatly surprised if he learns to stop "scrambling" backwards and to throw the ball out of bounds instead of taking the sack.

Baby steps.

Ahhhh... the ever optimistic law. Always there to brighten our day.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby ncargat1 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:57 pm

ltraz wrote:
I Have No Friends :( wrote:

Stanford was a running team and Luck got pretty close. If we win out and JD scores in the red zone he'll at least get votes. I'm not saying he will or will not be one of the best players in the country, just that he'll get votes the same way Te'o did this year.

This was a silly comment. McCarren was on everyone's list after "the drive" against LSU and before he imploded in the first half the A&M game and then could not lead the comeback.

For that matter, as soon as UF has a WR again like an Amare Cooper who scares the hell out of the safeties then entire offense will open up.

Having said that, we may never see the Fun&Gun days of deep outs and option routes. However, the former Boise offense seemed to throw the ball plenty and put receivers in position to catch the ball on the move and make big plays. I am not sold on our QB yet, but the system works, you just need all of the part to contribute equally.

Regardless, if we run the ball 40-50 times per game and gain 250+ on the ground, and 100 yards throwing and go 12-0, then I am just fine with that as a fan.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby gator1946 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Muschamp is a pro style coach. If we have the players to throw we'll throw. If we have the players to grind it out we'll grind it out. Tough football and the pass DO go together.
gator1946
Heisman Gator

Postby GulfG8r » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Congratulations on your first post being the start of a thread that actually got this many responses. I didn't expect it.
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:33 pm

We are what we are

winners
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:23 pm

JD is a winning sophomore QB. He has a really unique talent in his
foot-speed. He can pull together all necessary ingredients to
work his skill-package into Heisman worthiness. Either way, he is
already the Sophomore QB who took his team to an 11-1 season,
against one of the most formidable schedule of opponents.

Not many of us think of this, but Driskel would be a winner just
taking us to 10-2, or even 9-3. So he was a big winner. He will
expand on his abilities, as his team-ingredients draw it out of him.

:chomp:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby g8torhed » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Tonight our Pease Offense sucks as well as our Quinn Defense. How embarrassing.
g8torhed
Heisman Gator

Postby NoVa Gator » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:11 pm

We are out class tonight. Our defense sucks and our offense was not much of help either. Driskell has a long way to go as a QB.
NoVa Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:23 pm

NoVa Gator wrote:We are out class tonight. Our defense sucks and our offense was not much of help either. Driskell has a long way to go as a QB.

Plus WR's are an issue...
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby diehardg8r » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 pm

rogdochar wrote:JD is a winning sophomore QB. He has a really unique talent in his
foot-speed. He can pull together all necessary ingredients to
work his skill-package into Heisman worthiness. Either way, he is
already the Sophomore QB who took his team to an 11-1 season,
against one of the most formidable schedule of opponents.

Not many of us think of this, but Driskel would be a winner just
taking us to 10-2, or even 9-3. So he was a big winner. He will
expand on his abilities, as his team-ingredients draw it out of him.

:chomp:

And for all the reasons you just mentioned, I think the QB position will be WIDE open come spring. Brissett.....stay put son.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum