Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BernardodelaPaz, Gator1man, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jabberdave, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 42 guests

Jimbo Fisher

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Jimbo Fisher

Postby TommyGator » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:19 am

Reminds me a lot of the Zooker with just a touch of Thorazine in his post game interviews.

Not as manic as DaBoy but just as annoying...

Boom will OWN him!
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Re: Jimbo Fisher

Postby Beauregard » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:46 am

Reminds me a lot of the Zooker with just a touch of Thorazine in his post game interviews.

Boom will OWN him!

Aside from Champ and SOS, is there anyone in the SEC or ACC that you folks consider to be both a great coach and a likeable guy?
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby jand3k » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:08 am

Charlie Strong comes to mind.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby Beauregard » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:11 am

jand3k wrote:Charlie Strong comes to mind.

Or let me go a tad further and say someone without Florida ties.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:15 am

James Franklin
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby biggator6 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:38 am

I find Miles entertaining and kind of endearing. Insane, but not hated.

Don't know enough about the pile of new coaches to dislike them yet.
Go steal a couple of cars, go break into a couple of houses. Do whatever it takes, you know, just to get that attitude back. Go out there and do something bad, it doesn’t matter. -- Antrel Rolle on 'Da U'
biggator6
True Gator

Postby Beauregard » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:10 am

James Franklin

He seems likeable and he's done a good job at Vandy, but I think it's too early in his career and he hasn't accomplished enough to be considered a great coach. I will reserve judgement on him until he wins at a program with resources, expectations, plays teams that are gunning for you instead of just trying to avoid embarrassment, and 15-11 in two years gets you on the hot seat or fired - not praised.

It's a little early. I'm impressed so far, though.

I find Miles entertaining and kind of endearing. Insane, but not hated.

I like Miles. He's a little goofy, but I like him. But I don't think he's a great football coach. I think he inherited a great program and has mostly just kept it on the road with a few curious swerves here and there.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:12 am

Beauregard wrote:

Boom will OWN him!

Aside from Champ and SOS, is there anyone in the SEC or ACC that you folks consider to be both a great coach and a likeable guy?

I like Les Miles. Then again, I married Crazy so take it for what it's worth.
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby Beauregard » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:15 am

But do you think he's a great coach? I said likeable and a great coach. So far two people have said they like him, but no one else has answered the part about being a great coach.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby Alagator » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:17 am

Jabberdave wrote:
Beauregard wrote:

Boom will OWN him!

That makes two of us. :D
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:19 am

Most of the coaches are new, there are no great coaches in the ACC. Period, haven't been since SOS. Now there is a great coach and very likeable. Can't name any without hitting on a ex Gator
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby jand3k » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:28 am

Beauregard wrote:

OK, now your just being stupid as there are absolutely NO coaches that fit your criteria of, "is there anyone...that you folks consider to be both a great coach and a likeable guy [with no ties to Florida]?" ;)
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby Beauregard » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:30 am

Most of the coaches are new, there are no great coaches in the ACC. Period, haven't been since SOS. Now there is a great coach and very likeable. Can't name any without hitting on a ex Gator

That's funny.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 am

Beauregard wrote:

But do you think he's a great coach? I said likeable and a great coach. So far two people have said they like him, but no one else has answered the part about being a great coach.

Yes, I'd say he's a great coach. He's unconventional and may not be on Saban's level (even though Saban is 7-6 in bowl games while Miles is 6-4), he's a pretty damn good to great coach. He's just at a place with extreme expectations and, because of that, may not retain his job at LSU. He will have other schools falling over themselves to hire him if he is dismissed.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 am

To be a great coach, I think you have to sustain a dominant program with multiple players, your recruits, and with graduation
of players. Then you graduate or move your great players onto the NFL, and you develop another team to fit the players that you currently have and have recruited.

Miles, Saban, Spurrier have all been around for several classes of players and all have been successful. Meyer basically was solid as long as Tebow was here, then fell down the esophageal spasm blah blah after Tebow left. Muschamp is still on the clock. He is doing it his way, and I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome of this season.

He will need to recruit, replace and re develop a team after several graduations and NFL departures. I like the direction.
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatordad » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:45 am

I like Sumlin at Texas A&M. Seems to be a good guy. He has no Gator roots as far as I know.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:49 am

Beauregard wrote:

"Beau", shouldn't that be Florida unties ?
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Jabberdave » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:52 am

gatordad wrote:I like Sumlin at Texas A&M. Seems to be a good guy. He has no Gator roots as far as I know.

Agreed.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby Beauregard » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:56 am

Yes, I'd say he's a great coach. He's unconventional and may not be on Saban's level (even though Saban is 7-6 in bowl games while Miles is 6-4), he's a pretty damn good to great coach.

I am going to say he's good, not great. He deserves credit for keeping LSU an elite program, but he didn't build it into what it is. He inherited it. He has just kept it from crashing.

And I don't think anyone would consider him an X's and O's genius on either side of the ball.

To be a great coach, I think you have to sustain a dominant program with multiple players, your recruits, and with graduation
of players. Then you graduate or move your great players onto the NFL, and you develop another team to fit the players that you currently have and have recruited.

Agreed.

Miles, Saban, Spurrier have all been around for several classes of players and all have been successful.

Well, two big differences between Saban/Spurrier and Miles are that 1) Saban (defense) and Spurrier (offense) are well known for being X's and O's gurus and 2) NS/SS took their programs to new heights.

Miles doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same class with those two coaches.

Meyer basically was solid as long as Tebow was here, then fell down the esophageal spasm blah blah after Tebow left.

Meyer is a good coach, but I agree that he pussed out at Florida. I think when he realized that he wasn't going to dominate the conference anymore, he bolted to one that he could win more easily. If Saban hadn't taken the Bama job in 2007, Meyer probably would still be at Florida.

Muschamp is still on the clock. He is doing it his way, and I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome of this season.

He will need to recruit, replace and re develop a team after several graduations and NFL departures. I like the direction.

Agreed.

I like Sumlin at Texas A&M. Seems to be a good guy. He has no Gator roots as far as I know.

Good one.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:57 am

Beauregard wrote:

Boom will OWN him!

Well, when you consider Saban is as lovable as hemorrhoids, the answer is no. :lol:
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum