Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, Chomper, Go Gata, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, NoGaGator, Sasquatch Gator, Yahoo [Bot] and 71 guests

Hard to tolerate Jessie Palmer

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Hard to tolerate Jessie Palmer

Postby jmskjrgator » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:21 pm

He ruins any game he calls. And he never quits talking.
jmskjrgator
All-American Gator

Re: Hard to tolerate Jessie Palmer

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:36 pm

The guy has Trent Dilfer syndrome, loves to hear himself talk.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby jand3k » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:50 pm

I agree. And he is usually anti-gator. I think he does that to keep from being a 'homer' but it's frustrating.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby MatthewM. » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Not sure what he is worse at, quarterbacking or commentating. His shirt is also a few sizes too small. I'm finding Pollack to be more likable and he's pretty damn bad and a bulldog to boot.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Homer J » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Gruden just called South Carolina the Carolina Panther defense.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby Durty South Swamp » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Homer J wrote:Gruden just called South Carolina the Carolina Panther defense.

honestly not that inaccurate of a comparison IMO.
"You never stand taller than when you stand on the backs of your fallen comrades" ~ Unknown
Durty South Swamp
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:32 pm

I was flipping between both games and after a while could not listen to Jesse anymore. Lets hope they never give him a job with CBS and pair him up with Verne.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby DaddyGator » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:52 pm

TN G8tr wrote:I was flipping between both games and after a while could not listen to Jesse anymore. Lets hope they never give him a job with CBS and pair him up with Verne.

Oh. My. Goodness.
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:16 pm

MatthewM. wrote:Not sure what he is worse at, quarterbacking or commentating. His shirt is also a few sizes too small. I'm finding Pollack to be more likable and he's pretty damn bad and a bulldog to boot.

Palmer was pretty average at QB, so it's clearly commentating.

It's hard not to like Pollack, even as a player. It's also hard not to notice he's lost quite a few pounds since he left "the weight program". Dude is smaller than Jesse.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby UFever » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Hoser.
UFever
Heisman Gator

Postby TommyGator » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:23 pm

My only love for Jesse is due to his Gator roots.

Is it just me or does he seem to lean to his own love for the root?

You heard it here first.... :lol:
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby CGgater » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:42 pm

law98gator wrote:
MatthewM. wrote:Not sure what he is worse at, quarterbacking or commentating. His shirt is also a few sizes too small. I'm finding Pollack to be more likable and he's pretty damn bad and a bulldog to boot.

Palmer was pretty average at QB, so it's clearly commentating.

It's hard not to like Pollack, even as a player. It's also hard not to notice he's lost quite a few pounds since he left "the weight program". Dude is smaller than Jesse.

You're kidding, right??? Pollack has recently backed down a bit from his serious red-and-black-homer drivel, but pollack is now only a notch or two down from chris spielman (bucknut homer) and lou holthhh. Since joining the gameday crew, he's just BARELY tolerable.

And don't forget that UF was absolute crap the previous two years, and still ugly on offense despite being 11-1. I think Jesse will be less critical when UF is not giving him a REASON to be critical. I'm glad Jesse doesn't embarrass UF nationally with homer-speak.
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby rogdochar » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Oh the toxicity ! Jesse makes the sound-staging seem like one
of those conspired reality shows. He keeps me thinking, he's got
Snooky under that desk.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Mr2Bits » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:14 pm

I really started to dislike Palmer when all he has talked about is how great OSU and Urbes has been. His obsession with OSU has reached Des Howard and Michigan level. You'd swear he played for them!
Why drive when you can fly!
Mr2Bits
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Probly 'cause OSU gets some of Canada's weather.?.... and UF far
from it. He's a Snowbird.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Is there anyone on ESPN's college football coverage worth a ****? Ron Franklin was the best and they canned him. Nessler is decent, and Blackledge seems to be more tolerable, but outside of them, they are all garbage.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Class of '78 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Homer J wrote:Gruden just called South Carolina the Carolina Panther defense.

Off topic, if you thought the Gruden coaching rumormill was over the top a month ago amidst Tennessee's search, wait till you see what happens in the aftermath of yesterday's NFL firing blood bath.

Bears fans are clamoring for the guy, and you just know the Eagles have gotta be interested. This is probably his best shot yet at returning to the sideline.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby g5! » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:26 pm

You guys can delude yourselves all you want, but Jesse Palmer is a very good commentator. I'd much rather have him than the yo-yo's on CBS any day of the week. He is a nice looking young man, is intelligent, well spoken, and knows the game. Sure, Pollock "seems" like a nice guy and decent 'commentator / analyst', but he is ...........blah.......... a flat line. He evokes nothing except from the dawg-nation. Jesse is paid to talk... and so he talks... that is his job and he is good at it. I hope he moves up in the ranks and does very, very well! He represents the University of Florida very well on many levels.... which makes him good in my book. :cool:
g5!
All-American Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:50 pm

g5! wrote:You guys can delude yourselves all you want, but Jesse Palmer is a very good commentator. I'd much rather have him than the yo-yo's on CBS any day of the week. He is a nice looking young man, is intelligent, well spoken, and knows the game. Sure, Pollock "seems" like a nice guy and decent 'commentator / analyst', but he is ...........blah.......... a flat line. He evokes nothing except from the dawg-nation. Jesse is paid to talk... and so he talks... that is his job and he is good at it. I hope he moves up in the ranks and does very, very well! He represents the University of Florida very well on many levels.... which makes him good in my book. :cool:

Oh lord, I'm going to agree with g5!
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby BNAG8R » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:02 pm

Swamp Queen wrote:
g5! wrote:You guys can delude yourselves all you want, but Jesse Palmer is a very good commentator. I'd much rather have him than the yo-yo's on CBS any day of the week. He is a nice looking young man, is intelligent, well spoken, and knows the game. Sure, Pollock "seems" like a nice guy and decent 'commentator / analyst', but he is ...........blah.......... a flat line. He evokes nothing except from the dawg-nation. Jesse is paid to talk... and so he talks... that is his job and he is good at it. I hope he moves up in the ranks and does very, very well! He represents the University of Florida very well on many levels.... which makes him good in my book. :cool:

Oh lord, I'm going to agree with g5!

And now we learn that the Mayans were right after all.....the world is coming to an end.
In all kinds of weather we'll all stick together......for F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!
BNAG8R
All-American Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum