Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alcube, BNAG8R, Google [Bot], Hoosier Gator, MSNbot Media, Scott512, WobbleGator and 38 guests

Who should be Offensive ROY?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

RG3
42%
Andrew Luck
42%
Russell Wilson
16%
Alfred Morris
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 19

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 pm

RG3: 3,200/pass yards 65.6/com % 20/TD 5/Int
815/rush yards 6.8/ypc 7/TD

Andrew Luck: 4,374/pass yards 54.1/com % 23/TD 18/Int
255/rush yards 4.1/ypc 5/TD

Russell Wilson: 3,118/pass yards 64.1/com % 26/TD 10/Int
489/rush yards 5.2/ypc 4/TD

Morris: 1,613/yards 4.8/ypc 13/TD 4/fum

From looking at the stats, I believe Andrew Luck will win the ROY. I hope I am wrong, and that RG3 wins it.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Re: Who should be Offensive ROY?

Postby MatthewM. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:21 pm

After last night Alfred Morris made a very strong case for how good he has been. Record breaking even, but he has no chance. My order with slight bias, though still correct is:

RGIII
MORRIS
WILSON
LUCK
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:23 pm

Doug Martin was also incredible, but tailed off toward the end of the year, more a product of the terrible Josh Freeman than a fault of his own in my opinion.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:23 pm

Both redskins being at the top?!? :lmao:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby MatthewM. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:27 pm

WobbleGator wrote:Both redskins being at the top?!? :lmao:

Yes :cool:

The margins between all of these players is incredibly slim, I like seeing them all come in and have success early and bring a different style to an NFL that was becoming increasingly stale and predictable.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Alvin York » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:58 pm

RGIII is based out of a media town, Washington DC. He's been a hype magnet with his commercials and endorsements from Terry Bradshaw and the Fox Network since the season began.

Russell Wilson is a late comer with his management skills as quarterback of a sold offensive and defensive team, the Seattle Seahawks. They're hot and in the Playoffs.

Andrew Luck has turned a pathetic 2 win Colts team into an 11-5 playoff contender, shattered Cam Newton's total passing yardage record and engineered seven 4th quarter winning drives that ties a all time record for any quarterback since the merger. The real killer part of the Andrew Luck story is relatively unknown. The Colt offensive line is the second to the worst pass blocking group in the league. There is virtually no running game. The game is on Luck's shoulder and he's getting pounded by defensive linemen every other play. DC's know the name of the game is to plan tactics to stop Luck with a poor offensive line and no running game. Also the Colt's play a vertical high risk passing game that leaves small windows for the receivers not to mention Luck had to follow the footsteps of a legend, Peyton Williams Manning. That's a hell of lot to place on a Rookie QB's table. On the other hand Washington and Seattle have top 3 offensive lines and a dynamic running backs. Both Seattle and Washington have excellent respected defenses while Indianapolis is merely adequate.

Actually it's not even close. Luck deserves the Rookie of the Year award.

That being said what's in an award? Did it help Cam Newton this year? Does an award give you a ticket through the Playoffs? How did all those MVP's help Peyton in the playoffs trough the years? Despite no individual awards and horrible stats Big Ben won 2 Super Bowl's.

Individual awards suck. Winning Super Bowl's rule.
Last edited by Alvin York on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:03 pm

Russell Wilson may have the best case of all of them.
The AP award likely will go to either of the top two picks in the draft, but it shouldn’t. Wilson entered the league short on height and long on smarts and talent and determination. Russell Wilson commanded the No. 1 spot on the depth chart in Seattle, beating out big-money free-agent Matt Flynn and incumbent starter Tarvaris Jackson, and Wilson then began to prove week-in and week-out that he is as good as his more famous counterparts who were selected much higher.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... on-awards/
oxrageous

Postby Alvin York » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:13 pm

oxrageous wrote:Russell Wilson may have the best case of all of them.
The AP award likely will go to either of the top two picks in the draft, but it shouldn’t. Wilson entered the league short on height and long on smarts and talent and determination. Russell Wilson commanded the No. 1 spot on the depth chart in Seattle, beating out big-money free-agent Matt Flynn and incumbent starter Tarvaris Jackson, and Wilson then began to prove week-in and week-out that he is as good as his more famous counterparts who were selected much higher.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... on-awards/

Bottom line is you place Russell Wilson behind that Colt offensive line with no running game and ask him to play passing game only matador the Colt's do not emerge with an 11-5 record.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:23 pm

Luck had a great year for a rookie, but did only have a 54% completion percentage and 18 interceptions.
oxrageous

Postby oxrageous » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:24 pm

And what's the deal, Alvin? Are you a Luck fan just because he took Peyton's place? What connection do you have to the Colts?
oxrageous

Postby FunnGun » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:31 pm

Wilson/RG3......Luck

The Gators held Mr Alfred Morris to 16 yards on 14 carries. :cool:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Alvin York » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:39 pm

oxrageous wrote:And what's the deal, Alvin? Are you a Luck fan just because he took Peyton's place? What connection do you have to the Colts?

Can't let the Colts go since following Peyton all those years. Many UT fans are die hard Colt's fans. You can't just turn it off because John Elway snatched Peyton away.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:44 pm

Alvin York wrote:Actually it's not even close. Luck deserves the
Rookie of the Year award.

That being said what's in an award? Did it help Cam Newton this year? Does an award give you a ticket through the Playoffs? How did all those MVP's help Peyton in the playoffs trough the years? Despite no individual awards and horrible stats Big Ben won 2 Super Bowl's.

Individual awards suck. Winning Super Bowl's rule.

I'm sorry that you never won any awards, "Yorkal".
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:47 pm

Alvin York wrote:
oxrageous wrote:And what's the deal, Alvin? Are you a Luck fan just because he took Peyton's place? What connection do you have to the Colts?

Can't let the Colts go since following Peyton all those years. Many UT fans are die hard Colt's fans. You can't just turn it off because John Elway snatched Peyton away.

Elway didn't snatch Peyton away from the Colts. The Colts booted him to the curb.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby heversle » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:28 pm

RG3. 20 TDs to only 5 INTs as a rookie?! There are guys in their 7th or 8th year that haven't ever had that kind of TD to INT ratio...ever. Also, leading his team into the playoffs while accounting for over 4,000 yards of offense is just as impressive. He deserves it.

Honorable mention to the other 3 guys. They've had incredible seasons in their own right as well.
heversle
Head Ball Coach

Postby Alvin York » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:16 pm

heversle wrote:RG3. 20 TDs to only 5 INTs as a rookie?! There are guys in their 7th or 8th year that haven't ever had that kind of TD to INT ratio...ever. Also, leading his team into the playoffs while accounting for over 4,000 yards of offense is just as impressive. He deserves it.

Honorable mention to the other 3 guys. They've had incredible seasons in their own right as well.

Not so impressive when you realize Russell Wilson has similar stats because both QB's are running low risk non vertical passing games behind stellar offensive lines and star running backs with over 1500 yards rushing. Unlike Seattle and Washington QB's Andrew Luck has a terrible offensive line, no viable running backs and no play-action option in his arsenal.

As I stated to Ox put the other 2 quarterbacks in Luck's position with all those handicaps and the Colts don't come close to making the Playoffs.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby usmcmfs » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:44 pm

I like them all. I really like Morris....FAU kid doing big things. RGIII will probably win it although a case can be made for all of them.
usmcmfs
All-American Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum