Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, arkygator, Gator Fever, Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins and 62 guests

Rex Ryan NOT fired - has Mark Sanchez tattoo

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Rex Ryan NOT fired - has Mark Sanchez tattoo

Postby Swamp Queen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:38 am

lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Re: Rex Ryan NOT fired

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:46 am

Ryan gets an extra year before he is fired also.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorKen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:52 am

just as long as they trade Tebow away or cut him. Other than that I don't care what the Jets do. Couldn't root for them even with Tebow.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:57 am

What a disaster to keep him. He willingly allows a locker room to become a backstabbing joke. No discipline. What GM is going to want to take that job knowing they have to keep Ryan?
oxrageous

Postby MatthewM. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:00 am

Good. I like watching him and his brother whine like little ***** on the sidelines.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Alvin York » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:01 am

What? Ryan was not sacked after this laughingstock disaster of a year? Just a few seasons ago Sanchez was the young gun ready to make his mark on the world and the Jets were candidates for the Super Bowl. Now look at them.

If that be the case then owner Woody Johnson of the Johnson & Johnson Empire is the real villain of the Jets fall from grace not to mention how they bungled the Tebow affair.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorKen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:06 am

oxrageous wrote:What a disaster to keep him. He willingly allows a locker room to become a backstabbing joke. No discipline. What GM is going to want to take that job knowing they have to keep Ryan?

Who cares, I'm a Miami fan so this is great news. This is like hearing UT hired butch davis, Dooley, or Kitten :D
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby scmike » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:10 am

The Jets are a joke; therefore, let's enjoy the humor. Seriously, it will be interesting to see if the Jets get a quality GM who will take the job if idiot Ryan remains as coach.
scmike
Senior Gator

Postby Double Gator Dad » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:30 am

The Tebow situation with the Jets illustrates the hypocrisy of the league.
I watched the Redskins (How this mascot is allowed to remain is yet another example of the hypocrisy) and Cowboys game and listened to the announcers rave about the read option offense while the rest of the league denigrates the limitations of Tebow and the read option offense.

I guess if the QB is black (even if he is a cornball black per Rob Parker) the offense is acceptable and even innovative but if Tebow runs it, it is limited.

I , like everyone else, just want to see the Jets release him and then wait to see if there is one GM in the league of copycats that has the guts to actually give him a chance.

Hey jacksonville, this is your last chance to save the franchise or you can go ahead and initiate the move to LA. Your move.
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:51 am

Don't talk bad about my REDSKINS. And yes I do think TT would succeed in a system like the Shanahan's are running. Jacksonville could do it too, with a few more good years out of MJD, a young receiver in Blackmon, Cecil Shorts and Marcedez Lewis are decent. I just don't know anything about their offensive line.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby The_AlphaGator1906 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:54 am

MatthewM. wrote:Don't talk bad about my REDSKINS. And yes I do think TT would succeed in a system like the Shanahan's are running. Jacksonville could do it too, with a few more good years out of MJD, a young receiver in Blackmon, Cecil Shorts and Marcedez Lewis are decent. I just don't know anything about their offensive line.

Redskins have 5 pro bowlers on their offensive line? To tell you the truth, Jacksonville needs just a couple of players here and there from being the next Denver Broncos (just like most NFL teams believe it or not). Did we forget the broncos were like 4-14 in 2010/(early part of 2011).
"Do you like it? Do you think Cleveland is cool? I mean, I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good a bout Cleveland?"-Joakim Noah
The_AlphaGator1906
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 pm

MatthewM. wrote:Don't talk bad about my REDSKINS. And yes I do think TT would succeed in a system like the Shanahan's are running. Jacksonville could do it too, with a few more good years out of MJD, a young receiver in Blackmon, Cecil Shorts and Marcedez Lewis are decent. I just don't know anything about their offensive line.

Smart angle, "Matt". AYK (as you know), Tim is the least-$-cost QB.
Ergo, more money to "buy" higher priced, higher quality players (OL,
DL, WR, DB etc.) for Jag's rebuild... faster. Jag's org'$ income jumps
on Tebow souvenir sales (jerseys, mugs & stuff ). Also ticket sales
increase a lot .. instead of decreasing !! With TT & more wins more
exciting plays to spectate, the Jags will sooner be able to slightly
raise prices ... or drop them due to quantity of ancillary sales $.

NFL image gets great improvement by (Tebow inspired) increase on
more, more positive topics. Tim's charity ops are more in place here.
The TT charity golf tourney works for all, A+ for Jacksonville, Florida.

Primed for that win-win on-field , in hearts & minds, in $ coffers.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Jets postpone Rex Ryan presser...maybe he'll be fired after all.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-hmmmmmm/
oxrageous

Postby Swamp Queen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:02 pm

oxrageous wrote:Jets postpone Rex Ryan presser...maybe he'll be fired after all.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-hmmmmmm/

That would be the smart thing to do.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:05 pm

Knowing Rex, he's probably been b!tching to the owner all day that he should have input on the new GM and have more power, etc. - even after a disastrous year. No one thinks higher of themselves than Ryan (other than maybe Cam).

Perhaps the owner is changing his mind.
oxrageous

Postby The RH Factor » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:09 pm

Didn't Ryan promise Jets' fans a Super Bowl?

Maybe they're keeping him until he delivers.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:27 pm

oxrageous wrote:Knowing Rex, he's probably been b!tching to the owner all day that he should have input on the new GM and have more power, etc. - even after a disastrous year. No one thinks higher of themselves than Ryan (other than maybe Cam).

"Ox",you hit the truth-lever in pointing out that this is the span
where garble-gusher's tongue licks all reality opponents. With no
playing-results to constrain him ,"ye olde" Rex-Hex incantations can
run amok. He's picked up his brag-fire torch and the smoke screens
out the view that anything "Ryanized" is a puzzy-splat that cannot
torch anybody in the NFL ..... 'cept maybe an aspiring, inspiring
youngster sincerely pursuing a dream.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:28 pm

rogdochar wrote:
oxrageous wrote:Knowing Rex, he's probably been b!tching to the owner all day that he should have input on the new GM and have more power, etc. - even after a disastrous year. No one thinks higher of themselves than Ryan (other than maybe Cam).

"Ox",you hit the truth-lever in pointing out that this is the span
where garble-gusher's tongue licks all reality opponents. With no
playing-results to constrain him ,"ye olde" Rex-Hex incantations can
run amok. He's picked up his brag-fire torch and the smoke screens
out the view that anything "Ryanized" is a puzzy-splat that cannot
torch anybody in the NFL ..... 'cept maybe an aspiring, inspiring
youngster sincerely pursuing a dream.

I read this 3 times before I finally got the gist of it. :lol:
oxrageous

Postby law98gator » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:44 pm

I just don't read the posts. It's too painful.

They may well wait until they get a new GM before canning Foot Fetish. A lot of GMs will demand the right to pick their own coach.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Scott512 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Alvin York wrote:

What? Ryan was not sacked after this laughingstock disaster of a year? Just a few seasons ago Sanchez was the young gun ready to make his mark on the world and the Jets were candidates for the Super Bowl. Now look at them.

If that be the case then owner Woody Johnson of the Johnson & Johnson Empire is the real villain of the Jets fall from grace not to mention how they bungled the Tebow affair.

So true about Woody Johnson. :embarrassed: I am sure he told Ryan he was coming back and then they teamed up to make sure not to start Tebow so they could avoid the embarrassment of Tebow lifting the team, make some plays and win some games. I mean in a sick kind of way Woody and Ryan deserve each other. They both got a winner in Tebow yet the Jets still played to lose this season. :rolleyes: That cannot be denied. Why Johnson still believes in Ryan is beyond belief. :? If Johnson ran his businesses like he does the Jets he would be poor and not rich. :D

I think it's vital for Tebow and his handlers to start the offseason pushing for his release from the Jets as soon as league rules allow. I do not want to see that stooge Ryan hold Tebow hostage in the offseason. But I fear that will happen. It's time for Tim to step up and be more forceful with the Jets who truly wasted a year of Tebow's career this season.
Last edited by Scott512 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum