Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DallasGator, Google [Bot], Maillot Jaune, MSNbot Media, ngamtngator, Sasquatch Gator and 54 guests

Sugar Bowl Roll Call

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Sugar Bowl Roll Call

Postby JonBon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm leaving North Texas tomorrow afternoon to head to the game so I was wondering who all here was also attending. Any special Gator gatherings going on?

And before anyone mentions it.... Please don't talk about attendance issues. My thoughts: If you aren't going then you have 0 room to talk.
JonBon
Freshman Gator

Re: Sugar Bowl Roll Call

Postby NCG8r » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:59 pm

I will be there....in spirit. Looking forward to the "Boom!"

Have fun, and be safe.
NCG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby Phineus Maximus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 pm

My wife and I are leaving Ocala in the morning around 7 a.m., which should put us in N.O. by about 2:30, barring any run-ins with law enforcement. :lol: We are going to the NYE party at the Hyatt Regency tomorrow night, NOLA (Emeril's place) on New Year's Night, and then the game, of course, on Wednesday. We're not attending any specific Gator gatherings, just hanging with other Gator friends that are coming in from Ocala, Houston, and Baton Rouge.

There is plenty to see and do, so get out and enjoy yourself. I love N.O. I always have a great time while I'm there...
Phineus Maximus
Senior Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:37 pm

JonBon wrote:And before anyone mentions it.... Please don't talk about attendance issues. My thoughts: If you aren't going then you have 0 room to talk.

I'm not going b/c unfortunately I can't afford it at this time. But thanks for rubbing it in my face. ;)
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby JonBon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:50 pm

The New! Jimmy D wrote:My wife and I are leaving Ocala in the morning around 7 a.m., which should put us in N.O. by about 2:30, barring any run-ins with law enforcement. :lol: We are going to the NYE party at the Hyatt Regency tomorrow night, NOLA (Emeril's place) on New Year's Night, and then the game, of course, on Wednesday. We're not attending any specific Gator gatherings, just hanging with other Gator friends that are coming in from Ocala, Houston, and Baton Rouge.

There is plenty to see and do, so get out and enjoy yourself. I love N.O. I always have a great time while I'm there...

Thanks Jimmy D, I have never been to NOLA so I am really excited. Our tickets are in the Louisville section so that should be fun.

And Swamp Queen. Sorry you aren't as cool as me.... Totally kidding.... I was referring to the people who always B!TCH about Gator turnouts from the comfort of their computers.
JonBon
Freshman Gator

Postby dz_23 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:34 am

i live 40 miles from Dome. Ill be there, section 334
dz_23
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:49 am

JonBon wrote:And Swamp Queen. Sorry you aren't as cool as me.... Totally kidding.... I was referring to the people who always B!TCH about Gator turnouts from the comfort of their computers.

No worries, hence the ;)

I'm fortunate enough to have season tickets. I wish I could make it to the Sugar Bowl so be sure to have plenty of drinks and beignets for me! Go Gators!
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby JonBon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:03 am

Swamp Queen wrote:
JonBon wrote:And Swamp Queen. Sorry you aren't as cool as me.... Totally kidding.... I was referring to the people who always B!TCH about Gator turnouts from the comfort of their computers.

No worries, hence the ;)

I'm fortunate enough to have season tickets. I wish I could make it to the Sugar Bowl so be sure to have plenty of drinks and beignets for me! Go Gators!

Don't worry about the plenty of drinks part. I wish the game was at noon because I'm gonna have a hard time pacing myself until 7:00, Geaux Gata.
JonBon
Freshman Gator

Postby Amazin1 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:35 am

I have season tickets also...unfortunately i can't afford the gas, hotel and food expenses that go along with the trip...scream extra loud for those of us who can't afford to be there...Go Gators!
Amazin1
All-American Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:40 am

Be sure to take a healthy piss in the Ray Nagin Honorary Pee Trough for me. :D (which is actually any part of the interior or the exterior of that swirling dome that is in the middle of the toilet of New Orleans)
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby NVGator » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:50 am

Have fun Jon. I actually have a meeting at 5p. PST. It will probably take 3-4 hrs. so I've got the DVR set. I'll come back to read the Game Thread. :lol:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby DCflorida » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:31 am

Will be there in spirit, my wife and son will be there in person.

Go Gators!
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby dphgator96 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:27 am

Heading out this afternoon with my daughter. GO GATORS!!!!!
dphgator96
Freshman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:27 am

I will be there, if there means my couch at home.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp82 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:00 pm

The New! Jimmy D wrote:My wife and I are leaving Ocala in the morning around 7 a.m., which should put us in N.O. by about 2:30, barring any run-ins with law enforcement. :lol: We are going to the NYE party at the Hyatt Regency tomorrow night, NOLA (Emeril's place) on New Year's Night, and then the game, of course, on Wednesday. We're not attending any specific Gator gatherings, just hanging with other Gator friends that are coming in from Ocala, Houston, and Baton Rouge.

Been here since Monday, two week vacation, still eating all the great food here.
When driving through Alabama and Mississippi watch for the troopers they love handing out tickets to Florida listened vehicles.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Homer J » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:16 pm

I'll be watching it from Homer Stadium - owner's suite
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby Durty South Swamp » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:59 pm

ill be there, leaving early tomorrow morning, bout a 4 hr drive from here. Buddy and I got a hotel on canal street. Dont know about anything going on though, figure ill just don some blue and orange and see what happens. Will be a lot more of that then red and white, thats for sure! hopefully someone with a tail gate is kind enough to take us in, and if not, theres always the gentlemens clubs :D
"You never stand taller than when you stand on the backs of your fallen comrades" ~ Unknown
Durty South Swamp
Heisman Gator

Postby BostonGator84 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Will be watching from Boston. It's kinda far from Nawlins.
BostonGator84
True Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum