Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 46 guests

Teddy Bridgewater

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Gatorjim » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:21 pm

What kind of dual-threat QB only rushes for 43 yards... in an entire season? His biggest rushing game was 74 yards against USF. He did manage to accumulate almost 100 yards before losing 54 yards in his final two games, albeit when he was playing injured. He may be elusive in the backfield, but calling him dual-threat, like Manziel, is a significant exaggeration. His stats can be found here:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/511614/teddy-bridgewater
Gatorjim
Freshman Gator

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby tillsb » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:22 pm

There are no talking points for this game because it's a boring matchup. They are trying to make it seem more interesting.
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby G8RByte » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:46 pm

I watched Louisville a couple of times this year and Bridgewater was pretty impressive as a passer, but it was very much from the pocket. He showed really good touch and was pretty smooth going through his progressions; nice poise.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:56 pm

I watched him a few times this year and he made a few good plays but quite a few bad ones as well. I almost think they hype him up more than normal just because they like his name or something.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby G8RByte » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Gator Fever wrote:I watched him a few times this year and he made a few good plays but quite a few bad ones as well. I almost think they hype him up more than normal just because they like his name or something.

Pretty nice stats...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/511614/teddy-bridgewater
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorhar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:04 pm

223 yards gained minus 180 in sacks equals 43. So really gained 223 He is a threat.
gatorhar
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorpe » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:38 pm

I read the Sun story today. Sounds like a great kid. B
Im looking foreward to seeing how we do defending him. They recalled the Syracuse game when they had the great moblie QB in the Orange Bowl. We did a great job against him. What was his name. (too lazy to go find out )
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
gatorpe
Heisman Gator

Postby tillsb » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:00 pm

gatorpe wrote:I read the Sun story today. Sounds like a great kid. B
Im looking foreward to seeing how we do defending him. They recalled the Syracuse game when they had the great moblie QB in the Orange Bowl. We did a great job against him. What was his name. (too lazy to go find out )

I'm too lazy as well....guess we'll never know.
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Even without the sacks he only had 200 something against Big East teams.

Maybe he just doesn't like to run or just feels he can't but I don't expect much of threat against our defense but still have to watch for it as we should pressure him all game...
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Postby G8RByte » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Donovan McNabb, and this kid is not near as big or athletic. Nice player, but not McNabb.
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:18 pm

G8RByte wrote:

Donovan McNabb, and this kid is not near as big or athletic. Nice player, but not McNabb.

I remember that game went real well but we got beat pretty good one year when we went up there to play and Syracuse was running that option run stuff. I think our defense will handle Louisville pretty good however.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby G8RByte » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Gator Fever wrote:
G8RByte wrote:

I remember that game went real well but we got beat pretty good one year when we went up there to play and Syracuse was running that option run stuff. I think our defense will handle Louisville pretty good however.

Yep, we got run out of the carrier dome that day. With our defense this year, nobody is going to light us up.
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:07 pm

G8RByte wrote:
Gator Fever wrote:
G8RByte wrote:

Yep, we got run out of the carrier dome that day. With our defense this year, nobody is going to light us up.

Yep they ran it back on the kickoff for a TD to start that game, I never have been back to Seville Quarter to watch another Gator Game, damn that's been a while.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8RByte » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Swamp82 wrote:
G8RByte wrote:
Gator Fever wrote:
G8RByte wrote:

Yep they ran it back on the kickoff for a TD to start that game, I never have been back to Seville Quarter to watch another Gator Game, damn that's been a while.

Ha! Love Seville Quarter.
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorpe » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:13 pm

G8RByte wrote:

Right, gator def. that night did a number on McNabb and he was the real deal. The old Orange Bowl was a dinosaur but at least I made it there one last time.
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
gatorpe
Heisman Gator

Postby G8RByte » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:50 pm

gatorpe wrote:
G8RByte wrote:

Right, gator def. that night did a number on McNabb and he was the real deal. The old Orange Bowl was a dinosaur but at least I made it there one last time.

Spurrier's last game with us. Great team that probably would have won it all if 9/11 did not happen.
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:56 pm

Black QB automatically means he is dual threat?
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:52 pm

He'll soon be water under the bridge.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorbait86 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:14 pm

G8RByte wrote:
gatorpe wrote:
G8RByte wrote:

Spurrier's last game with us. Great team that probably would have won it all if 9/11 did not happen.

Think you've got the seasons confused... McNabb and Syracuse were in the '99 Orange Bowl (at the old bowl); Spurrier's last game at UF was against Maryland in the '02 Orange Bowl (at its' current location, i.e. Joe Robbie).
gatorbait86
Redshirt Gator

Postby heversle » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:31 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:He'll soon be water under the bridge.

Well played. :)
heversle
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum