Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gardnerwebbalumnigator, GatorInKnox, gatorJ, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, ToroGATOR, Yahoo [Bot] and 52 guests

UFC 155 Cain vs JDS

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

UFC 155 Cain vs JDS

Postby GatorKen » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:36 am

Such a great card tonight and amazing fights. Hats off to Lauzon for showing heart in his loss to Jim Miller. Should be fight of the night for that was a total beat down but Lauzon never gave up and had a few chances to pull off the upset.

Cain manhandled the champ JDS to take the belt again. Cardio on both sides seemed an issue but JDS never recovered after being dropped in the first round. Cain could have finished it there if he'd have just thrown punches I think. But Cain seemed to have the right game plan of being aggressive and continue the attack of pressing forward while making JDS back up and run for 5 rounds. Couple 10-8 rounds in there really show how the fight was dominated by Cain.

Philippou looked good vs Boetsch tonight. Could be a contender in the future while Boetsch may have to go back to the thinking chair and rethink his strategy. Boetsch was favored and could have made a statement tonight with a big win. But we'll see how far Philippou takes this statement he made tonight.
Okami was impressive in his win over Belcher, Belcher kinda let me down as I expected a better fight.
Brunson came out and beat up Leben pretty good. Will be someone to watch in the future.

Overall great card, some really blood fights tonight, Lauzon bled like crazy for 3 rounds, and the Varner fight was the bloody leg fight. nice leg kicks there that seemed to work in Varner's favor in the end.

Main Card (PPV)

Cain Velasquez def. Junior dos Santos via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-44, 50-43)
Jim Miller def. Joe Lauzon via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Constantinos Philippou def. Tim Boetsch via TKO (Punches) round 3
Yushin Okami def. Alan Belcher via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Derek Brunson def. Chris Leben via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Preliminary Card (FX)

Eddie Wineland def. Brad Pickett via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 30-27)
Erik Perez def. Byron Bloodworth via TKO (Punches) round 1
Jamie Varner def. Melvin Guillard via split decision (30-27, 27-30, 30-27)
Myles Jury def. Michael Johnson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Preliminary Card (Facebook)

Todd Duffee def. Phil De Fries via TKO (Punches) round 1
Max Holloway def. Leonard Garcia via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
John Moraga def. Chris Cariaso via guillotine choke submission round 3
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Re: UFC 155 Cain vs JDS

Postby GatorKen » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:46 am

FOTN Miller/Lauzon, sub of the night Moraga, KO is Duffee, 65K each

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby NVGator » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:28 am

Agreed, great card and some bloody fights. I was just disappointed none of the fights ended in a bashing KO. They all went the full rounds with decisions.

Yes, props to Lauzon for withstanding the explosion from Miller. I was just waiting on JDS to be knocked out.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:28 am

Let me know when Tyson or Roy Jones Jr. Hits the ring, I miss the old days where someone was getting knocked the F out. And yes it could be those two being knocked out as well, wasn't saying they were the best just that chances were good someone was was getting knocked out.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Amazin1 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Miller/lauzon was a great fight.i like Miller but you're right, lauzon showed amazing heart. and Cain proved last night that the first fight was a lucky punch. not taking anything from jds but, he caught Cain behind the ear and he lost his balance and went down and jds pounced. i would have liked to have seen Cain grab a rear-naked or he had some opportunities to throw some more and knock out jds. can't leave it in the hands of the judges...just look at the varner/guillard scoring...unacceptable...geesh.
Amazin1
All-American Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:07 am

This is a sports forum. This thread is lounge material at best.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorKen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:22 am

NVGator wrote:Agreed, great card and some bloody fights. I was just disappointed none of the fights ended in a bashing KO. They all went the full rounds with decisions.

Yes, props to Lauzon for withstanding the explosion from Miller. I was just waiting on JDS to be knocked out.

I think in the first round JDS was out. I kinda think Cain hurt himself by not letting JDS just stumble to the corner and pass out like he was trying to I think :D

GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby GatorKen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:24 am

Swamp82 wrote:Let me know when Tyson or Roy Jones Jr. Hits the ring, I miss the old days where someone was getting knocked the F out. And yes it could be those two being knocked out as well, wasn't saying they were the best just that chances were good someone was was getting knocked out.

You clearly have not watched JDS or Boetsch before then. I will guarantee you that those fights Saturday night had more heavy blows than the matches you are hoping for.

GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby GatorKen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:26 am

Lauzon btw, had 40 stitches after it was all said and done. Very gracious in his loss to Miller. JDS was thought to have a broken jaw in the second round. Guess medical tests afterward said that the jaw was not broken.

But that is what I love about UFC, so many gracious fighters. Respect was earned Saturday night on many sides

GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby GatorKen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:35 pm

In tribute to Cain being Mexican American. CAIN FTW!

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtFb_xem6k8[/YouTube]

GatorKen
Bull Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum