Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buck16, DallasGator, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, OllieGator and 54 guests

Matt Elam will turn pro ...

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Matt Elam will turn pro ...

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:27 pm

his high school coach thinks.

@PBPjasonlieser: Matt Elam's HS coach, Jack Daniels, says Elam is NFL-bound: “I think he’s got his mind made up. He’s gone.”

No surprise to me if true.
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: Matt Elam will turn pro ...

Postby NVGator » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:31 pm

I thought there was already an article about him returning next year? Was that just speculation or word from Matt?

Regardless, if he stacks up to the best Safeties this year, and in the Top 3, makes sense to move on.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby gatordad » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Best I've seen since RFN
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorintheATL » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:36 pm

NVGator wrote:I thought there was already an article about him returning next year? Was that just speculation or word from Matt?

Regardless, if he stacks up to the best Safeties this year, and in the Top 3, makes sense to move on.

Knowing that Zach is reporting Elam is gone, I would assume the opposite is going to happen. Go with the previous article.
GatorintheATL
Baby Gator

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:52 pm

GatorintheATL wrote:Knowing that Zach is reporting Elam is gone, I would assume the opposite is going to happen. Go with the previous article.

First post on the GSMB, huh? I'm not reporting anything. I'm sharing a tweet from someone who spoke with his coach. Slow down there killer.
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Postby Swamp82 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:07 pm

GatorintheATL wrote:
NVGator wrote:I thought there was already an article about him returning next year? Was that just speculation or word from Matt?

Knowing that Zach is reporting Elam is gone, I would assume the opposite is going to happen. Go with the previous article.

Wow you shoot down our best source and have no info to back your claim up, who is this Dooley?
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby MJMGator » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Thanks, Zach. I expect several more to follow. Can't blame them if they are being advise of a decent draft pick.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby BSJGator » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Zach Abolverdi wrote:
GatorintheATL wrote:Knowing that Zach is reporting Elam is gone, I would assume the opposite is going to happen. Go with the previous article.

First post on the GSMB, huh? I'm not reporting anything. I'm sharing a tweet from someone who spoke with his coach. Slow down there killer.

Wonder how GatorintheAtl feels being beetch slapped by a youngster... :lol:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby G8rnTtown » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:46 pm

You gettem Zach! Keep up the good work reporting what the players HS coach expresses.
G8rnTtown
Baby Gator

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Dang that sucks if true.

But can't blame him if that's what his choice is I wish him luck if so...
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Postby guardian » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Someone who joined a year ago chose this moment for a 1st post?

You are the one not wearing a white shirt.
Last edited by guardian on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In blackest day or brightest night, watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda-e-yadda, erm... superstitious and cowardly lot, with freedom and justice for all!"
Duck Dodger's Lantern Oath
guardian
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:24 pm

Wait now ! ? "AtslantaGator" is saying Zach is gone next year,
turning pro? I knew Zach would be a high draft choice. Still, I
sure hope Hoge don't get wind of this.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby UF_Cheme_Student » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:52 am

gatordad wrote:Best I've seen since RFN

Although he did not have the physical tools of Nelson or Elam, I think Black was a better safety. He had many big interceptions on our 08 NC team and then the season he had in 2010 when we lost so many starters from the 2009 Defense was ridiculous.

2010 108Tackles(73 unassisted), 12 tackles for loss, 1 Qb Sack, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 5 passes deflected and 5 INTs
UF_Cheme_Student
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:34 am

GatorintheATL wrote:

ATL, Dude read the first sentence of his post.... "so his HS coach thinks". Don't be bustin on Zach.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby RichardN » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:20 am

Zach Abolverdi wrote:

:lol: Good one Zach thanks for all you do keep it up dont worry about idiots on the board. Happy New Year
RichardN
Heisman Gator

Postby StPeteGator » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:33 am

GatorintheATL wrote:

Knowing that Zach is reporting Elam is gone, I would assume it's going to happen. I, on the other hand, am a blithering idiot, so don't listen to a word I say.

Couldn't agree more! Thanks for sharing.
StPeteGator
Senior Gator

Postby GatorOnEnemyTurf » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:44 am

Zach Abolverdi wrote:

Nice backhand Zach.....smack him again :cool:
GatorOnEnemyTurf
True Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:52 am

I'm just wondering why Jack Daniels is stealing Elam and Brissett's thunder. You would think those guys would want to make those announcements themselves or keep it quiet. Is he their official spokesman? :rolleyes:
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby UF_Cheme_Student » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:55 pm

GatorTAG wrote:I'm just wondering why Jack Daniels is stealing Elam and Brissett's thunder. You would think those guys would want to make those announcements themselves or keep it quiet. Is he their official spokesman? :rolleyes:

This is not the first time he has gone to the media running his mouth. When Brisset did not win the starting job, he said Brisset was gone. So I would not really take him as a reliable source. I read somewhere else that Abram Elam would not Matt leave unless he was a first round pick, and in the article today on Gatorsports Matt says he is listening to his brother. I don't think Matt is a first round pick so we will see.
UF_Cheme_Student
Heisman Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:14 pm

There are certain players on the defense that are game changers and make the defense as exciting to watch as the offense. Matt Elam is one of those players.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum