Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoomTown, dz_23, GatorBart, lagator, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, TheDouglas78, Yahoo [Bot] and 68 guests

Josh McDaniels

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Josh McDaniels

Postby GatorWinorLose » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Any chance Jax might hire McDaniels?
GatorWinorLose
Baby Gator

Re: Josh McDaniels

Postby crosscreekcooter » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:56 pm

I think Mularky gets at least one more year.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby UFGatorD » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:52 am

i could totally see Jax hiring McDaniel if the owner wants Tebow and the GM and coach are against it. The media has made TT into a circus and teams seem like they are avoiding him like a plague.

Personally, I would love for TT to go to the Patriots. He isn't going to take the job away from Brady, nor will the fans chant his name. This will give him some time to mentor with BB and Brady and fire into the QB position aka Aaron Rodgers style.

I think TT can make it, but if he goes to a bad Jax team and doesn't win he wont get another chance. Denver won when TT was there in large part bc the defense kept all the games close. I dont see Jax being able to do that.
UFGatorD
Freshman Gator

Postby UFGatorD » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:55 am

Also, TT cant take the pounding of NFL linebackers week in and week out. Look at what happens to Vick and RGIII. While TT is built like a brick house, even the RBs in the league have a short shelf life in the NFL. He needs an offense that passes first and he can use his legs to make plays as a last resort, not the first option. Just my opinion.
UFGatorD
Freshman Gator

Postby Jbossgator9 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:13 am

The Denver defense kept games close but they were ranked 26th out of 32 teams so they weren't really that good. Tebow helped lead Denver to the #1 ranked rushing offense in the NFL so they were able to control the clock and keep games close too until Tebow would take over in the 4th quarter. Tebow can win in the NFL with the right guys around him. I do hope he goes to Jax because they have MJD and Blackmon so it could work.
Jbossgator9
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:17 am

JAX : Tim deserves some of the peace of being home with family
to assuage the 'aloneness' that ostracizing bullies put on him.
The plus of mom's home cooking and more natural habitat of being surrounded by religious 'strivers' and planners. Jaguars & Jax are
not "hot-pots" of national sports news focus. Jags income from
jersey sales would double = $ Tim is low-priced & increase in
jersey & ticket sales & refreshment sales would offset Tim's cost.

Again get Mark Brunell to mentor him. Lefty shown by lefty.
Religious works with religious. Mark would be his top-most believer.
Has Tim ever had an NFL mentor that conveyed QB-faith and trust
on his (their) succeeding at learning/developing ?

Another college grad QB would have to develop in Jax. Why should
Tim be incapable of following that same path ? Jax is the place
more expected to give Tim the maximum open chances (plural).
Once Tebow outdid Gabbert, he would get 70% the "staying-power"
the Jets keep giving Sanchez. Tim would not fail competitively like
Sanchez continues to.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby TN G8tr » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:52 am

I thought the same thing but in fact that Mularkey would maybe bring in McDaniels to help him with TT. The facts rest within itself. You put a Baltimore type defense, good OL, run game, and adequate recievers TT would do win period. Put TT in Flacco's position right now. Sounds like what any NFL team would want. Seems as if McDaniels may have seen the trend that is coming to the NFL with some offensive changes, i.e. RG3, Rusell Wilson, sCam. Although a QB in the NFL cannot take the pounding week in and out having a QB that is a dual threat will give you an advantage schematically. I think McDaniels somewhere deep down ticked at how people are treating TT and his ability. Could be why he may end up in NE.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby murdamal86 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:36 am

What's funny is that as a passer in the pro's, Tebow looked best due to being under the watchful eye of McDaniels. Although his last 3 starts of his rookie year was after McDaniels was fired, he had a whole season to sit and learn and looked damn good week 16 against the Texans that season.
murdamal86
Senior Gator

Postby williston_gator » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:46 am

JMD strikes me as the type of guy that would see the Jags job as beneath him. Fans would hate him. And tbh, I'm not so sure he'd want Tebow again. If it's one thing a head coach doesn't like, it's being told how to do his job and in this case who to do it with. That being said, I'd be very interested to see the results.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:24 am

McDaniels ain't that good of a coach.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby BostonGator84 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Word up in the northeast is that McDaniels is being groomed to be the NE head coach once Brady and Belichek retire together in 4ish years. Which is why he was content to return to a coordinator position instead of waiting for another head coaching opportunity.
BostonGator84
True Gator

Postby rleaton4880 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:52 pm

I was surprised to find out the Tebow holds the BCS record for passing yards in a bowl game (UF vs Cincinnati...Sugar Bowl). IMO all the so-called "experts" has ruined his passing....just let him throw like he has always done.
rleaton4880
True Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Don't go changing to try and please me...
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum